| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegetarian Flavor Bible
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:07 am 
Smuggling Raisins

This is vegetarian (not vegan) but overwhelmingly vegan. It is an encyclopedia of flavor combinations. Highly recommended for those who don't use recipes or those who want to make better recipes.

Review, sample and giveaway here:
http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2014/11 ... -giveaway/

Post subject: Re: Vegetarian Flavor Bible
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:59 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I have the original non-vegetarian flavor bible and I love it. Just have to tune out the gross parts. I never imagined they would write a vegetarian one, very cool. Highly recommend for those who don't feel the need to follow a recipe but like a little inspiration on occasion. Oops I see you pretty much said that. Well ditto.

Post subject: Re: Vegetarian Flavor Bible
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 am 
Tofu Pup

Believe us -- WE never thought we'd come out with THE VEGETARIAN FLAVOR BIBLE! Nor any other vegetarian book. But life is funny that way: After five decades of omnivorism and two decades as professional food writers, we started eating "99% vegetarian" in May 2012 as part of our research for the book. By now, we're eating "99% vegan."

We're grateful for your kind words about our work, and owe a debt of gratitude to all of the veg*n cookbook authors who've showed us that a plant-based diet can be as delicious and satisfying as it can be healthful -- including the PPK's amazing Isa Chandra Moskowitz, who provided us with such a great back-cover quote for the book: "THE VEGETARIAN FLAVOR BIBLE is that beautiful best friend who knows absolutely everything. From nutrition to food history to flavor pairing, this book will answer all your questions about a plant-based diet. But what's even more important is that it does so deliciously and joyfully."