| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 122  Next
 Post subject: Re: Appetite for Reduction
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:47 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Tonight we had Apple Miso Tofu served with plain steamed broccoli and brown basmati rice. OMG love. Even MrSneakers said "Is this what you were pressing tofu for? It's delicious!"

This week I'm making Mango BBQ Beans and Unfriend Refried Beans and that'll be all of the bean dishes from AfR made. Probably do the Red Wine Kalamata Tempeh too; it's been on the list for ages and I keep eating the kalamatas before making it.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:06 pm 

I just made the Chipotle Lentil Burgers and they tasted great! I found them to be a little too soft, so I added an extra 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs and let them sit in the fridge before cooking them in a skillet. Next time I'll probably bake them so they dry out a bit. To accompany my tasty burgers, I had the OMG Oven Baked Onion Rings and OMG is right! They had all the sweet/salt flavor I was craving, but were so light I could have eaten the whole batch.

Way to go, Isa!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:54 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just made the Spicy Blue Potato and Corn Salad, but I used purple potatoes instead (I don't think I've ever seen blue potatoes here). It is for my lunches this week so is packaged up in the fridge waiting to go, but I had a few spoonfuls and it was pretty darn tasty.

I am making the laksa tonight, but subbing tofu puffs for the firm tofu, because I have a packet I need to use up. It is a cold night, so I am looking forward to laksa!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:45 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I have the lasagne with cauliflower ricotta in the oven right now - I can't wait, it looks awesome. I will report back...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 am 

Going to make red wine and kalamata tempeh tonight. Paired with mashed potatoes, steamed greenbeans, and possibly (I know it's not low fat but whatever) a red wine mushroom gravy. Hungry just thinking about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:17 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm obsessed with the caesar chavez dressing. I go through periods where I can just drink the dressings; it happened with the balsamic, the green goddess, another that was great, and then the balsamic again for like 3 months. Now it's the caesar. Oh my goodness. So good.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 am 
Saggy Butt

dimsimkitty wrote:
I just made the Spicy Blue Potato and Corn Salad, but I used purple potatoes instead (I don't think I've ever seen blue potatoes here). It is for my lunches this week so is packaged up in the fridge waiting to go, but I had a few spoonfuls and it was pretty darn tasty.

I bought a bag of "blue" potatoes in Coles, although they actually look purple to test out the Peruvian Purple Soup, I need to shop for some more special ingredients before I can try that salad but I'm glad to hear it's good.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Do you all stick to the portion sizes? I mostly did while I was testing but I had to be very strict with myself. Now I'm just cooking from it rather than testing I know I'm slipping and eating twice the portion size. I don't really mind because I'm eating more good food, but I wondered how anyone else found it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:47 am 
Keepin' It Seal

If I don't pay attention, I can easily eat 2 portions on some of the recipes (I can eat the full amount of that effing blackened tofu. not allowed to make that anymore). If I wasn't trying to lose weight, it wouldn't be a problem but since my biggest problem is portion control, I have to control myself.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:27 pm 
Dead by dawn

Efcliz wrote:
Do you all stick to the portion sizes? I mostly did while I was testing but I had to be very strict with myself. Now I'm just cooking from it rather than testing I know I'm slipping and eating twice the portion size. I don't really mind because I'm eating more good food, but I wondered how anyone else found it.

I'm watching my caloric intake carefully right now so I'm usually eating the portion size. Some of the six serving recipes I split into four instead. Often I could eat more but when I really pay attention to how full I am, I don't need to eat more.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:38 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

monkeytoes wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

I'm watching my caloric intake carefully right now so I'm usually eating the portion size. Some of the six serving recipes I split into four instead. Often I could eat more but when I really pay attention to how full I am, I don't need to eat more.

I think you're absolutely right. I'm going to dish up the portion size correctly from now on and let myself go back for me if I need it later.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I made the Curry Laksa the other night and it was delicious. Instead of frm todu, I used some fried tofu puffs I had in the fridge that I needed to use, and they were so good in it.

Efcliz wrote:

It varies depending on the recipe, but often I do find myself eating more than one serve! I have a pretty big appetite though, and thankfully don't need to worry too much about portion sizes. Some recipes don't make enough for the servings, but others make lots.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:16 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I'm hosting a dinner party next week and am doing a burger night with onion rings, sweet potato fries, french fries, and one of the veggie burgers from the Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet cookbook. Anyway, I've been testing out the recipes this week so I make sure everything will be edible. I made the Baked Onion Rings this morning and OMG indeed! So good. Is it wrong that I ate the entire test sample - a whole vidalia onion's worth before having my cereal?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:46 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I had the masala baked tofu last night - I LOVED it! Yum..I ate the whole block!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I made Broccopots and the Coriander Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes tonight. They were really delicious! My father kept sneaking tastes from the pot. He was raving about it, and he is taking them to work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

darksideknitter wrote:
dimsimkitty wrote:

I bought a bag of "blue" potatoes in Coles, although they actually look purple to test out the Peruvian Purple Soup, I need to shop for some more special ingredients before I can try that salad but I'm glad to hear it's good.

Yeah I saw some 'blue' potatoes at my local fruit shop (must be the season cos they were cheap too) but they looked kinda purplely too, so who knows. I've made the spicy salad with red potatoes, it's one of my faves.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:04 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I had the Red Thai Tofu last night, it was really good! I wanted to use up some more of the Thai basil I bought for the tofu, so I also made the green beans with Thai basil, except I used broccoli instead of beans. Verdict = yum.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Send me over some.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I always eat more than the recommended portion. I'm a fatty.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

Me too.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I made the easy cheezy sauce for the first time last night - haven't been cooking so much lately.

I used it to make mac and ferns instead of mac and trees (macaroni and fiddleheads). I'm not a huge pasta fan but I love a cheezy sauce on veggies and the steamed fiddleheads were delicious with this.

It was very tasty and easy and I'll definitely make it again. The only problem, and this isn't with the recipe, just the broth I used, is that it was too salty with the added salt. I used the Harvest Sun Vegetable Bouillon Powder, which is my favourite.

Typos edited :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:28 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Veglicious wrote:
Yeah I saw some 'blue' potatoes at my local fruit shop (must be the season cos they were cheap too) but they looked kinda purplely too, so who knows. I've made the spicy salad with red potatoes, it's one of my faves.

Where is your local fruit shop? I have seen 'blue' potatoes at some of the shops around me, but they are just blue on the outside and yellow on the inside. I get the purple potatoes at West End markets. I don't go often, so maybe he does have blue ones at other times.

Actually, I just remembered that I did find blue potatoes once at the farmers markets in the city. It was quite a while ago. I made the Blue Flannel Hash from VCon. Looking at my photo from that, the potatoes do look a bit purple once cooked, but I don't think quite as purple as the purple ones I just used.

Purple potatoes in your salad make for a lot of interested people come lunch time! It looks so pretty.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:35 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Made the lentil & eggplant chili mole. It was ok. Maybe I should have peeled the eggplant so it'd be smooshier. Much better the second day though :)

Also made the cornbread again though this time I made them into muffins. Instant portion control and also they didn't dry out as quickly as the ones I made before in a pan.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:39 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I made the Sanctuary Dressing earlier this afternoon for the first time and put it in a jar to cool (and for the flavors to meld)... I just went and had a taste and OMG it's delicious! I could drizzle this on everything. In fact, I think I could drink it...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:13 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Since I had an eggplant left from the chili mole, I made the eggplant bacon. I was skeptical but wow... that is good. Hopefully it keeps well in the fridge cause I see sandwiches in its future! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3036 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 122  Next