| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: Appetite for Reduction
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

ijustdiedinside wrote:
emmalv wrote:
I made the mushroom fettuccine and did not love it, but that is probably because I had the epiphany that what I really wanted was fettuccine alfredo. I feel like fettuccine alfredo will prove elusive, and that makes me kind of sad.

try the butternut alfredo on the site. i don't know how long it's been since you've had alfredo, but if you just want a super rich, creamy sauce it will totally hit the spot. it's so crazy good.

I've been eyeing that one! My little local grocery store usually has bags of frozen cooked butternut squash, but they haven't lately and I keep holding out to avoid roasting one myself. Talk about a lazy reason to avoid a recipe, but I think its time to suck it up and just buy a whole squash already.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:03 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

emmalv wrote:
I made the mushroom fettuccine and did not love it, but that is probably because I had the epiphany that what I really wanted was fettuccine alfredo. I feel like fettuccine alfredo will prove elusive, and that makes me kind of sad.

There's a mushroom-tofu stroganoff in Isa does it, that looks delicious. (there's also the same butternut alfredo that's on the website)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:21 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

The Tofu Mushroom Stroganoff is more than delicious! Love, love, love it! Its going to be a regular here at my house. The New England Glam Chowder is also creamy and delicious from that book!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:46 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I always forget this is supposed to be a low fat book. Like with accidental vegan food, it feels like all the food in here is "accidentally" low fat since it never feels like something is missing.

I made the hottie black eyed peas again today. I have finals coming up so I didn't even do the onions and garlic and subbed powdered versions of both so I would have enough time to eat before class... And it was still super delicious! I wrapped it up in a corn tortilla because i have do many leftover feom the IDI enchilada casserole. Actually I also always sub black beans instead of the peas because I'm convinced I don't like black eyed peas even though I haven't properly tried them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

the thai roasted root vegetable curry is so good!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 pm 
Hail Seitan!

I made the eggplant kibbeh and was a little disappointed .. it seemed to be lacking something. Not sure what. I've made it before and liked it, though, so I'm not sure what was wrong. Maybe not enough flavor in winter tomatoes and eggplant?

I also made the ethiopian collard greens with CSA collards and they were delicious.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:34 am 
Nailed to the V

I just had a comedy of errors with the Sanctuary Chef Salad. I bought everything I needed (or so I thought) and got home and started making the eggplant bacon, roasted cauliflower and baked tofu. Everything was going well. Then I realized I didn't have the silken tofu to make the dressing. And I don't have any dressing type stuff at my house. So I brought all the components (or so I thought) to work the next day and got dairy-free ranch dressing at Whole Foods. Then at lunchtime I realized I forgot the lettuce at home. Then I brought everything home (or so I thought) and realized that I left the dressing in the refrigerator at work. So then I bring everything to work this morning (or so I thought) and realized that I left the eggplant bacon at home.

I am usually sooo careful with this kind of thing! I think I have too much on my mind with Christmas coming up. I've been eating the "salad" anyway, but I haven't gotten it right once! This recipe takes a lot of effort, it's too bad I couldn't fully enjoy it. But I got some laughs out of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:44 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Nimmy wrote:
I always forget this is supposed to be a low fat book. Like with accidental vegan food, it feels like all the food in here is "accidentally" low fat since it never feels like something is missing.

I made the hottie black eyed peas again today. I have finals coming up so I didn't even do the onions and garlic and subbed powdered versions of both so I would have enough time to eat before class... And it was still super delicious! I wrapped it up in a corn tortilla because i have do many leftover feom the IDI enchilada casserole. Actually I also always sub black beans instead of the peas because I'm convinced I don't like black eyed peas even though I haven't properly tried them.

Oh, you must try it with black-eyed peas! Their flavor is very different from black beans. Love this recipe!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 am 
Tofu Pup

the first recipe i tried (last night!) was the lettuce wraps with hoisin-mustard tofu. holy moly, they were fabulous! i couldn't believe how much lettuce i ate by the end! i was full and completely satisfied. and later on i enjoyed an apple and some walnuts for dessert. winning!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:30 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Anyone else making hottie black eyed peas for New Year's Day? I know it's traditional to serve rice, but I really do like it with the gingery mashed sweet potatoes and apples. Some cornbread (from Vegan Diner) won't hurt either...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

KrisB wrote:
Anyone else making hottie black eyed peas for New Year's Day? I know it's traditional to serve rice, but I really do like it with the gingery mashed sweet potatoes and apples. Some cornbread (from Vegan Diner) won't hurt either...

I made it, thanks to your reminder! It turned out great, and was pretty easy. I reduced the hot sauce because I'm a wimp, but it was the perfect use for my slightly overcooked black eyed peas. I'm glad it turned out well, because I have a ton leftover...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:31 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I just had a craving for the pot pie stew with sweet potato biscuits. Perfect winter food!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:26 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Finally made the mushroom & cannellini (but I used navy beans) paprikas and scarlet barley (but I used rice) - so good!!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:38 am 
Ninja Master

I'm making the peruvian purple potato soup for lunch today. Except I don't have any purple potatoes. Or beetroot. So it will be peruvian white potato soup! haha. Smells good. There's a crepe tonne of taters in there, I'm exited!

I did forget to wash my hands after I chopped the chilli though and rubbed my eye! OWW-EEEZ!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

baps wrote:
I did forget to wash my hands after I chopped the chilli though and rubbed my eye! OWW-EEEZ!

Owieee! Don't forget to take a picture for us, though! Oh, who am I kidding, you've won that thread a hundred times over. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 pm 

Finally made the lots of veggies lentil soup...yum!! So good, so simple!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

Last night I finally made the Tortilla Soup. It always seemed such a basic recipe to me I think I just overlooked it. Yes, it was quick to throw together but the flavors were not lacking, the flavors were awesome. I'm sorry I waited so long to make this one. I ended up skipping the jalapeno but roasted the poblanos first before adding to the soup. Used black beans instead of pintos as we finished the pintos a few nights before. I had some red hatch chili flour tortillas from a local mexican store so I baked them to make chips and added them to the soup. I loved this addition. I almost skipped that part too thinking it was a bit odd. Not sure why I was so hesitant with this recipe but I'm looking forward to making this again in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:53 pm 

Had the veggie pot pie stew last night - SO GOOD!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

lobsteriffic wrote:
Had the veggie pot pie stew last night - SO GOOD!

I love this recipe!

π

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:38 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

PorshaJo wrote:
Last night I finally made the Tortilla Soup. It always seemed such a basic recipe to me I think I just overlooked it. Yes, it was quick to throw together but the flavors were not lacking, the flavors were awesome. I'm sorry I waited so long to make this one. I ended up skipping the jalapeno but roasted the poblanos first before adding to the soup. Used black beans instead of pintos as we finished the pintos a few nights before. I had some red hatch chili flour tortillas from a local mexican store so I baked them to make chips and added them to the soup. I loved this addition. I almost skipped that part too thinking it was a bit odd. Not sure why I was so hesitant with this recipe but I'm looking forward to making this again in the near future.

This is a regular at our house, one of our favorite recipes!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Bistro. Broccoli. Chowder.

Damn, that's one good soup.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:33 am 
Tofu Pup

I made the hoisin mustard tofu lettuce wraps last night, I have no idea why I have never had hoisin and mustard together before, it was so good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 am 
WELFARIST!

Made the Forty Cloves Chickpeas with Broccoli. So simple and dayum, so super good! I served it over a quinoa/millet pilaf. Perfectly yummy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am 
Discovered unobtainium

seitanicverses wrote:
Made the Forty Cloves Chickpeas with Broccoli. So simple and dayum, so super good! I served it over a quinoa/millet pilaf. Perfectly yummy.

I always forget about this recipe, but love it when I make it.

We made the pea soup yesterday. As always, it was the perfect comfort food, especially given the weather. It's so filling.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm 

Made the pasta e fagioli last night - delicious! It was even better as leftovers in today's lunch.

I've made most of the recipes with the exception of the pasta chapter as I'm not a huge pasta person. Time to remedy this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 121  Next