| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: Appetite for Reduction
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:50 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

LFL wrote:
Ozma wrote:
I leant afr and a couple of other vegan cookbooks to someone I don't know very well a few weeks ago. It was a moment of misguided vegangilism (she was interested) and attempted generosity. I now have reason to believe I will never see those books again (she's avoiding me and I since found out others have leant her things and never got them back). I'm pretty sad and just wanted to complain a bit. On the up side maybe she will use them and cook vegan more?

That is all.

Wow, that bites.

Yeah, thanks guys. It uber sucks but I'm just going to bite the bullet and order it again along with a bunch of others while I'm at it. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:49 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Has anyone mentioned the caldo verde with crumbled tempeh yet? It's divine! I made it with spinach instead of chard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

I wanted something with bbq sauce for dinner tonight but had no idea what to make, then I stumbled on this thread and the earlier mention of the Tamarind BBQ Sweetpotatoes and tempeh. As I was reading, my husband walked through the door with a big bag of sweet potatoes that needed to be used right away since they were the ones that had been damaged as he was digging up the sweet potato patch. I didn't have any tempeh but I used about 2 cups of Great Northern beans and I also mixed in an onion cut into chunks. We cooked it up and ate it as wraps with fresh romaine and lots of sriracha. It was delicious. The serendipity of the whole experience made me realize that I should finally start posting on here since it's been so helpful to me so many times. Thanks all!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:47 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Shukriyya wrote:
Has anyone mentioned the caldo verde with crumbled tempeh yet? It's divine! I made it with spinach instead of chard.

I made it tonight with kale! I made it about a month ago, too, and I remember it being really good, but this batch is forking phenomenal.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Mmmm, tortilla soup for lunch! Super spicy, but so tasty!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Potato and spinach curry for dinner today. Pretty good.

I made the arabian lentil soup the other day too. It is good and very filling but maybe a bit too salty for me. Next time I will use half the amount.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Speaking of the caldo verde, does anybody want to be awesome and PM me the recipe? I have a surplus of chard and my parents haven't mailed me my cookbooks yet so I can't look through it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

zwingtip wrote:
Speaking of the caldo verde, does anybody want to be awesome and PM me the recipe? I have a surplus of chard and my parents haven't mailed me my cookbooks yet so I can't look through it.

sent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm 

Had quinoa, white bean, & kale stew today for lunch and lotsa veggies lentil soup for dinner - both basic but so tasty! And a good way to use up extra veggies!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Loving the eggplant provencal - thanks for suggesting it!
I love the arabian lentil soup, but I also found it to be very salty - I always make it now with half the recommended amount. I'm not sure if maybe the broth I use has salt in it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I just made the Goddess dressing for the first time and HOLY MOLY is it ever salty. Like, barely edible after doubling the lemon juice salty. Did anyone else think this?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 am 
Naked Under Apron

j-dub wrote:
I just made the Goddess dressing for the first time and HOLY MOLY is it ever salty. Like, barely edible after doubling the lemon juice salty. Did anyone else think this?

It might depend on the type of miso you use. Different kinds and different brands have different amounts of salt. (I don't remember whether that recipe had added salt in addition to the miso. There was one recipe that had miso and then also salt, which I remember thinking was weird.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Just made another batch of the Basic Baked Tofu yesterday. Makes me feel so content to open the fridge and see the container and know I have BBT to eat out of hand, toss into salads or to make my best breakfast: toast, guac, tomatoes, and BBT.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Me and my friend had a day of vegan cooking, I had to make the starter and I made the cauliflower pesto soup.
I loved it, and she loved it too, ever since I made it for her, apparently she has been OBSESSED!
Cooking it over and over again! Success!

Smokey split pea soup.... Oh my good god, I LOVE THIS STUFF, so thick,smokey (duh) and creamy! So flavourful!
I'm making a batch as I type.

Mango BBQ beans have been a feature, I've been eating it with chocolate covered Katie's recipe for gluten free cornbread (: yum.

Everyday chickpea quinoa salad has been my lunch this week, its pretty good, I've been adding sun dried tomatoes with it and some olives and cashews.

White bean pasta salad is my next one for lunch.

I tried to make the 2nd avenue korma ... it went badly, I threw it out in my frustration, it went like a soup. Just seriously watery. Vegetables went mushy, it wasn't like the thick curry sauce I was expecting.
My boyfriend looked at me and said... it needs a sauce... WHUT. I lost it. He thought I was just boiling the vegetables.
Ah well... I'll have to try something curried rather than a curry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:40 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Larisa wrote:
j-dub wrote:

It might depend on the type of miso you use. Different kinds and different brands have different amounts of salt. (I don't remember whether that recipe had added salt in addition to the miso. There was one recipe that had miso and then also salt, which I remember thinking was weird.)

Yeah, it has both miso and salt, which I also thought was weird. Next time I will omit the salt entirely.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hottie black-eyed peas and greens is pretty yum. Quick and easy to make too. I had it with plain mashed potato and let's just say there wasn't a bite left on my plate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 pm 

Made the chipotle sweet potato and brussels sprouts chili tonight - it smells (and tastes, from the licks I took) divine but I had a bit of a mishap and used a too small pot, which didn't let me stir it often enough and my pot scorched! When Isa says stir frequently in this recipe, she means it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 pm 

VanillaDoe wrote:
Smokey split pea soup.... Oh my good god, I LOVE THIS STUFF, so thick,smokey (duh) and creamy! So flavourful!

Good to hear! I'm making this this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 am 

This past week I tried the red lentil and root veggie dal - yum! Also the coriander mushrooms and tomatoes - another yum!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:15 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

lobsteriffic wrote:
This past week I tried the red lentil and root veggie dal - yum! Also the coriander mushrooms and tomatoes - another yum!

I was just about to post that I made the dal last night and loved it! Leftovers delicious too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:38 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Butternut coconut rice, with broiled blackened tofu and roasted broccoli. So yummy. I had the squash leftover from the PPK Alfredo, so it came together very quickly. I will definitely be making this again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:13 am 
Tofu Pup

I made the 40-clove chickpeas and broccoli thing tonight, except that I used butternut squash instead of broccoli cause I didnt have any broccoli. It was ssoooooo good, I think that I even prefer it with the squash instead of broccoli!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:26 am 

That's such a good idea! I love butternut and garlic together!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I made the miso-udon beans and greens whatever it's called again last night, this time using black beans because I must be blind and thought I saw a can of adzuki beans in my pantry...but I guess I didn't.

I subbed in black beans instead. I like adzuki beans better, but it was still awesome with black beans. So if you can't find adzuki, don't let that stop you from trying this!

This is one of our favorites in our house. So good. Omni approved. Sirracha is a necessary ingredient though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

VeganMeredith wrote:
VanillaDoe wrote:

Good to hear! I'm making this this weekend.

Mom and I live off this stuff. She made a double batch today. So good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 121  Next