| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yellow Rose Recipes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:35 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

My copy came today. What a beautiful cookbook...great pictures of the recipes. First recipe is going to be the Roasted Eggplant and Garlic Hummus. Then it's Butternut Squash Lasagna for dinner....friggin' YUM!!!

Also thank you so very kindly for signing the book, Joanna.....oh and uh, yea, for making it as well :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I just ordered a second copy and there are only 15 left, so if you don't have a copy yet, order one. You won't regret it.

I made the tamale pie and spicy sandwich spread for Xmas, and both went over extremely well. My brother and sister-in-law, neither of which are veggie had second helpings of the pie, and my brother asked if he could take the leftovers home for lunch the next day, and my sister-in-law asked for the dip/spread recipe saying she'd buy the vegan ingredients just so she could make it again, and also took the leftovers home. This never happens, so kudos to Joanna for making omni-friendly vegan food :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:19 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I ordered my backup copy!! Now I can stop panicking.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Can I just say how much I love this little book, and how sad I am that is not being reprinted (for future generations of vegans).

Joanna... why no more books? Doesn't YRR need a sequel?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Just bought this book in a panic, seeing as how there are only 8 left!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Angie V. wrote:
Can I just say how much I love this little book, and how sad I am that is not being reprinted (for future generations of vegans).

Joanna... why no more books? Doesn't YRR need a sequel?

yrr does have a sequel, the potluck mania zines. i think the recipes in the zines are equal to or better than yrr. of my recipes that my family and i make on a regular basis, i'd say 2/3 were from the zines and 1/3 from the cookbook.

but i'm not going to be writing any more cookbooks because i don't enjoy the process. everything i love about cooking (spontaneity, creativity, freedom) is stripped away when i write recipes down.

besides, there are so many amazing vegan cookbooks being written all the time, some by ppkers, and i don't feel as if there is a vaccuum or niche that i can fill, which is relief since i no longer have any interest in filling it.

but i am so so so so glad that you like yrr. i am, too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

My copy was all chewed up and de-covered by Bonny, but I plan on snatching the copy I gave to my MIL back since she never uses it anyway (grumblegrumble).

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Okay, I did it. Just ordered one of only 8 copies left. PPK peer pressure!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:28 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I feel really bad for ordering myself a copy, because... it turns out my boyfriend's sister bought it for me. Signed and everything. In my defense, J's family had an agreement that siblings would not buy presents for SOs, and SOs would not buy presents for siblings, so I had no expectation of a late present.

I guess I'm glad I have a backup copy (when a cookbook is signed "may this get dog-eared and food-covered", I think you need a backup copy).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:30 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I just ordered the potluck mania zines too. I just can't get enough of Joanna!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:35 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

There's now 25 available, it appears!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

VeganMeredith wrote:
There's now 25 available, it appears!

the number of copies etsy says there are left doesn't actually reflect how many copies i have.

but there are fewer than 30 copies left unless i decide to sell from my personal stock, which i don't intend to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:34 pm 
WELFARIST!

Love Child wrote:
I just ordered the potluck mania zines too. I just can't get enough of Joanna!

Excellent choice! I love them like I love the YRR cookbook and the zines are so worth having. The tofu roast and the golden gravy recipe are incredible, I just had them at Christmastime. I really wish I'd made the mushrom chestnut dressing to go with. Next time!

Anyway, just to say I have both the potluck zines and they're both used regularly by me with many droolworthy recipes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mine 2nd copy just arrived!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I can't wait for mine to arrive!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:22 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

joanna wrote:
yrr does have a sequel, the potluck mania zines. i think the recipes in the zines are equal to or better than yrr. of my recipes that my family and i make on a regular basis, i'd say 2/3 were from the zines and 1/3 from the cookbook.

Oh, I have the Zines, too. They are awsome. I think the breakfast sausage is the best seitan sausage I've ever made.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:46 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

gaia13 wrote:
I made the tamale pie and spicy sandwich spread for Xmas, and both went over extremely well. My brother and sister-in-law, neither of which are veggie had second helpings of the pie, and my brother asked if he could take the leftovers home for lunch the next day, and my sister-in-law asked for the dip/spread recipe saying she'd buy the vegan ingredients just so she could make it again, and also took the leftovers home. This never happens, so kudos to Joanna for making omni-friendly vegan food :)

I'm convinced that the tamale pie is magic, since my very-omni father (who usually won't even try anything I cook) wanted seconds when I made it too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Just made the Penne Alfredo and OMG it's so good. I made it for myself and split it between dinner and lunch tomorrow. Hubby had already started cooking chicken for him and the kids by the time I got home so I was on my own. Everyone tried it and loved it, including my picky college student. When I make it for all of us, unless I make as a side dish I will make double. It says serves 4-6, but just eating it by myself I easily ate half, lol. I also started tracking my calroies again on sparkpeople so I think I'm just super hungry today.

Edited to add:

I bet some broccoli in this would be wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Made the Tamale Pie tonight and it was deeeeelish. A lot more flavor than I expected. Last time I made a tamale pie it was bland, but not this one. I really like the seitan recipe (pg.128) as well...I have never made a seitan that included chickpea flour, it had a really nice texture and great taste. I am really digging this cookbook.

edited to say: crepe! I just realized I didn't put the "cheese" on the top...I completely forgot it. Oh Well, It was excellent all the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm 
Huffs Nooch

gaia13 wrote:
I just ordered a second copy and there are only 15 left, so if you don't have a copy yet, order one. You won't regret it.

Where is the spicy sandwich spread recipe? Is it an alternative listed on another recipe? I have went through the book a couple times trying to find the recommendations in this thread and for the life of me I can't find that spread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:14 am 
WELFARIST!

xmiyux wrote:
Where is the spicy sandwich spread recipe? Is it an alternative listed on another recipe? I have went through the book a couple times trying to find the recommendations in this thread and for the life of me I can't find that spread.
It's on page 97 and is called "Chipotle Ranch Sandwich Spread". I actually haven't tried it myself but have always meant to. I always thought by looking at the ingredient mix that it would come out stellar.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:00 pm 
Huffs Nooch

seitanicverses wrote:
xmiyux wrote:
It's on page 97 and is called "Chipotle Ranch Sandwich Spread". I actually haven't tried it myself but have always meant to. I always thought by looking at the ingredient mix that it would come out stellar.

Thanks for clearing it up for me! I will absolutely give this a shot. I may need to sub in ground chipotle powder though rather than an actual pepper in adobo sauce. I hate opening a can of peppers to just use one and then have the rest go bad on me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

You can always freeze the leftover peppers. Put each pepper on a little square of parchment paper with a spoonful of sauce, wrap 'em up and freeze them. I do this with tomato paste too.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:39 pm 
Huffs Nooch

kara kara wrote:
You can always freeze the leftover peppers. Put each pepper on a little square of parchment paper with a spoonful of sauce, wrap 'em up and freeze them. I do this with tomato paste too.

That is a great idea. I will have to do that.

The tomato paste issue is why I only use tomato paste in a tube now. It lets me squeeze out exactly what I need and preserve the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:25 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Just ordered! I would like this to arrive right about now, please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next