| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We need a "various clothing" thread for non-dress and shoe stuff!

NOT IT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Creep, I really like both of those Modcloth dresses, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the first one because that shade of blue is gorgeous. I also really like that skirt you posted. Where's it from?
creep wrote:
We need a "various clothing" thread for non-dress and shoe stuff!

NOT IT

Done!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Charlotte Russe. I hadn't bought anything from them since high school, then saw a ton of cool skirts in-store. That's not even the one I was going online to buy, but I ended up liking it a little better than the one I was planning to get.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

...Remember the Water Garden Dress from Modcloth that I was so crazy about?
It's still about 80€ over the prize of anything I could potentially afford, but it's back in stock, and I've had a really bad week or two, and friends of mine are getting married in June... and I know that the size 10 would fit me perfectly.
I'm seriously considering just getting it now and worrying about the money later - like when I run out of food or something.
Aaaaaargh, why is my taste always so expensive?! (ghost-high-fives Oscar Wilde)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

left of the dial wrote:
a question for the euro people here..
is there anything remotely similar to modcloth in europe? i like some of their dresses and the 50s/60s style bikinis, but i don't wanna spend a fortune on postage if the stuff doesn't fit right..

not dresses, but on the retro bikini, I was looking at these:

slightly retro esq bikini - http://www.surfdome.com/fat_face_bikini ... navy-91563
and more retro - http://www.surfdome.com/zoggs_bikinis_- ... /red-68417

I really like the first one, but I bought some polka dot pyjamas at the weekend and realised that from kitchen wear to clothes, I own too much polka dot stuff. Still it can't harm to try it, free postage.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 am 

Phoenix wrote:
...Remember the Water Garden Dress from Modcloth that I was so crazy about?
It's still about 80€ over the prize of anything I could potentially afford, but it's back in stock, and I've had a really bad week or two, and friends of mine are getting married in June... and I know that the size 10 would fit me perfectly.
I'm seriously considering just getting it now and worrying about the money later - like when I run out of food or something.
Aaaaaargh, why is my taste always so expensive?! (ghost-high-fives Oscar Wilde)

I hate regretting not buying stuff, it becomes marginally obsessive :( Can you try it, it might not fit and then your problems will be solved..

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ninjablossom wrote:
I hate regretting not buying stuff, it becomes marginally obsessive :( Can you try it, it might not fit and then your problems will be solved..

I can, technically. But international returns aren't free (like US returns and even exchanges), and they won't do international exchanges at all.
I'm pretty sure Oscar's ghost is still whispering to me, telling me that the only way I'll stop obsessing over this dress is to get it.
Maybe my BF and I will find an affordable place to move into very soon, and then I won't be so terribly broke, and everything will be fine...?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:49 am 

Phoenix wrote:
ninjablossom wrote:

I can, technically. But international returns aren't free (like US returns and even exchanges), and they won't do international exchanges at all.
I'm pretty sure Oscar's ghost is still whispering to me, telling me that the only way I'll stop obsessing over this dress is to get it.
Maybe my BF and I will find an affordable place to move into very soon, and then I won't be so terribly broke, and everything will be fine...?

l.o.l, you really want that dress ey? :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:27 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ninjablossom wrote:
not dresses, but on the retro bikini, I was looking at these:

slightly retro esq bikini - http://www.surfdome.com/fat_face_bikini ... navy-91563
and more retro - http://www.surfdome.com/zoggs_bikinis_- ... /red-68417

I really like the first one, but I bought some polka dot pyjamas at the weekend and realised that from kitchen wear to clothes, I own too much polka dot stuff. Still it can't harm to try it, free postage.

cuuute bikinis!

I just bought this one, waiting for it to come in the mail: http://shopruche.com/country-love-halte ... -suit.html

my apologies that this was posted in the dress thread! i REALLY hope the bathing suit fits....i'm a little afraid about ordering a bathing suit online!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:24 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Asos
http://us.asos.com/River-Island-Floral-Tea-Dress/xsc0i/?iid=2063177&cid=8799&Rf961=3345&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Pink&r=2&mporgp=L1JpdmVyLUlzbGFuZC9SaXZlci1Jc2xhbmQtRmxvcmFsLVRlYS1EcmVzcy9Qcm9kLw..

I want this dress so much!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Need the advice of the thread... would you wear this to a wedding?
http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL002366 ... hite-dress

I've always thought that black and white were both no-no's for a wedding... but I kind of love this...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

That is adorable! Pair it with some bold colors and you will be good to go!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Nicole wrote:

I've always thought that black and white were both no-no's for a wedding... but I kind of love this...

I would totally wear it! I wore black and white (with red shoes) to the last wedding I went to. I've never heard of it being a no-no, but I don't go to many weddings (especially not traditional ones!).

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Awesome! I was also thinking that some bold shoes and jewelry would really set it apart from looking too bridal. The wedding is at the end of July so I think that this will be perfect for what will possibly be a hot day/evening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really want this dress

But I already bought these two

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Erinnerung wrote:
Nicole wrote:

I would totally wear it! I wore black and white (with red shoes) to the last wedding I went to. I've never heard of it being a no-no, but I don't go to many weddings (especially not traditional ones!).

i would be hesitant about wearing something that was mostly black or mostly white to a wedding, but i think that something with such a mixed print would be totally fine. that makes it neither a white dress or a black dress. i wore a black dress with large white polka dots to my friend's wedding last month (w bright yellow shoes) and i thought it was totally fine and didn't get any weird looks or anything. (also a nontraditional wedding, but i think it would have been appropriate for any wedding!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought two completely unnecessary dresses on Friday, so I'm being the model of restraint here. But I still really want this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

electric_claire wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:
Nicole wrote:

i would be hesitant about wearing something that was mostly black or mostly white to a wedding, but i think that something with such a mixed print would be totally fine. that makes it neither a white dress or a black dress. i wore a black dress with large white polka dots to my friend's wedding last month (w bright yellow shoes) and i thought it was totally fine and didn't get any weird looks or anything. (also a nontraditional wedding, but i think it would have been appropriate for any wedding!)

I bought that dress, ended up hating the fit and put it back in the mail to eShakti the same day. The wedding is at the end of this month so unless I stumble across something I like better I'm just going to wear a dark purple faux wrap style dress and make it interesting with some funky jewelry and cool shoes. I am so over eShakti.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Nicole wrote:
I bought that dress, ended up hating the fit and put it back in the mail to eShakti the same day. The wedding is at the end of this month so unless I stumble across something I like better I'm just going to wear a dark purple faux wrap style dress and make it interesting with some funky jewelry and cool shoes. I am so over eShakti.

Same thing happened to me with Modcloth. Actually, I think if I'd gone down a size, that terribly expensive dress might (might!) have fit me. But as it was, I couldn't afford to order it a second time (there's no such thing as a free international return, and then customs!!), and it would have been too late for the wedding anyway, so I went there in a lacy black thing from Topshop with some extravagant accessories, and it was fine. I am now so much poorer that I could have afforded a really nice dress from someplace else just for the postage and customs fee, and I guess I've learned my lesson not to order from Modcloth again. (Again, this would be different if I didn't live overseas.) But their customer service is amazing. Very friendly, and very efficient.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:09 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I just bought this as a bridesmaid dress for the fall. My friend wants lacy/girly/neutral-tone dresses;

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Phoenix wrote:
Same thing happened to me with Modcloth. Actually, I think if I'd gone down a size, that terribly expensive dress might (might!) have fit me. But as it was, I couldn't afford to order it a second time (there's no such thing as a free international return, and then customs!!), and it would have been too late for the wedding anyway, so I went there in a lacy black thing from Topshop with some extravagant accessories, and it was fine. I am now so much poorer that I could have afforded a really nice dress from someplace else just for the postage and customs fee, and I guess I've learned my lesson not to order from Modcloth again. (Again, this would be different if I didn't live overseas.) But their customer service is amazing. Very friendly, and very efficient.

I've had this happen a couple of times with ModCloth stuff- and it costs more to return things from here than it does to buy them in the first place! I sent them an email when they got rid of measurements telling them that it was stupid and they said that I could contact customer service to get the measurements for individual items emailed to me. I've done that a few times, especially for important things (like dresses for events) or stuff that would be super expensive to post back to them (like boots). It takes a couple of extra days but I don't mind if it means I'll get the right thing.

And Vijita- that dress is super cute!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Every time I go onto the Modcloth site, I'm reminded of how terribly expensive things are, and that they just slap a cute name on so you don't know the brand and don't go searching for it at a better price. They're clever, that Modcloth. With that said, I'd still wear like 50% of what they sell.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 am 
Level 7 Vegan

fauxfrancais wrote:
Every time I go onto the Modcloth site, I'm reminded of how terribly expensive things are, and that they just slap a cute name on so you don't know the brand and don't go searching for it at a better price. They're clever, that Modcloth. With that said, I'd still wear like 50% of what they sell.

I've ordered a few different things from Modcloth, and whenever I google the brands after finding out what they are, they are either only available through Modcloth or they're the same price somewhere else, not cheaper. Then again, I only get their cheaper items, so there probably isn't a reason to do much markup on those.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

vegetalion wrote:
fauxfrancais wrote:

I've ordered a few different things from Modcloth, and whenever I google the brands after finding out what they are, they are either only available through Modcloth or they're the same price somewhere else, not cheaper. Then again, I only get their cheaper items, so there probably isn't a reason to do much markup on those.

Dude, Karmaloop has alot of their cute shoes, but on there, they were already on clearance! I guess if they keep stocking the "cute" stuff like ModCloth in addition to their focus on streetwear and party clothes, then they should perpetually have a cute clearance, and negate the need for spending ModCloth prices. Plus, Karmaloop gives coupons that I used to use alot more often. I dunno if MC does, I hope they do. I get what you're saying though, I like alot of their retro things and sometimes they're already out of stock elsewhere! Oooh and they used to have a vintage section but I'm not sure anymore.

I got this dress from Asos: Image

and this one: Image
but I may go back and get this one: Image

dunno how I feel about ice cream cones on my boobs, but I can justify getting it because I know how I feel about ice cream?
Asos is freaking stacked with cute stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Can you link to the first one?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next