| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Unstoppable Thread of Vegan Shoe Coveting
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

lavawitch wrote:
Saks has gorgeous $600 Stella faux suede and faux leather ankle boot wedges on sale for $256, if anybody is feeling wealthy.

I would never buy from a store that sells fur like they do. Fox, rabbit, raccoon...no thanks! When buying Stella what is a no-fur store option?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ndpittman wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
I got these from Alternative Outfitters and I love them.

Ugh, I really want boots like this and cant find them anywhere. Of course these arent on the site anymore.

I think I saw a similar pair on mod cloth that were on sale!

LW!! So glad I can no longer justify $300+ for shoes. Not that I ever should have. I feel like I have a Pinterest board dedicated to Stella McCartney.

Thanks! Just bought two pais of boots from ModCloth. Ill post pics later.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

missmuffcake wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Saks has gorgeous $600 Stella faux suede and faux leather ankle boot wedges on sale for $256, if anybody is feeling wealthy.

I would never buy from a store that sells fur like they do. Fox, rabbit, raccoon...no thanks! When buying Stella what is a no-fur store option?

I never thought about that; that's a great point. Are there any fur free department stores? I buy makeup there sometimes, but never venture beyond that area. I like that they have many employees working all the time, but I don't know that that cancels out having a fur salon.

Zappos sells some Stella, or her own boutiques. I'm really not sure since anything like that is just window shopping fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:19 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

lavawitch wrote:

Zappos sells some Stella, or her own boutiques. I'm really not sure since anything like that is just window shopping fun.

Ya - Zappos has a fur free policy!

I do not shop Nordstroms or Saks - they are really into fur. Someone/some place said Macy's sells fur but not west coast so I shop Macy's with no problem. Plus if you search Macy's for fur nothing real comes up unlike the other stores.

Vegan friends who live in large cities protest Saks & Nordstrom. When BeBe started doing rabbit trim, I was going to stand outside of the store here but it quickly went away...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 pm 
Mediocre Tart

daisychain wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
I've been switherin' all day about these... they're on sale for £28.

I got these for work. I love them. They make my feet super sweaty when I've never had sweaty feet problems before though. They are my first every day vegan shoes so I'm not sure if that is the norm or what.

daisychain, do they have any grippy bits on the bottom or are they just super smooth? I have no luck with super-flat shiny soled shoes as I think I'm going to fall over all the time! I don't mean enough grips for winter traversing, but... something would be good!

I might just buy 'em anyway as I found out I can get them delivered to the shop across the way for free next day delivery and pay them off over 3 months with no interest... Oh, temptation!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boot ... er_conf%5D

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boot ... er_conf%5D

These are the two pairs of boots I ordered from ModCloth yesterday. I can't seem to save the images in any type of decent way, so sorry about the links. Super duper crossing my fingers and hoping that they fit and don't have any issues!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

interrobang?! wrote:
daisychain, do they have any grippy bits on the bottom or are they just super smooth? I have no luck with super-flat shiny soled shoes as I think I'm going to fall over all the time! I don't mean enough grips for winter traversing, but... something would be good!

I might just buy 'em anyway as I found out I can get them delivered to the shop across the way for free next day delivery and pay them off over 3 months with no interest... Oh, temptation!

Just ran and had a look there now... they aren't shiny but not pronounced grips on them. I walk fast on polished floors at work and have had no problems with them. If I was working on a ward I would wear them no problem because they would be up to the health and safety requirements. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm 
Mediocre Tart

daisychain wrote:
Just ran and had a look there now... they aren't shiny but not pronounced grips on them. I walk fast on polished floors at work and have had no problems with them. If I was working on a ward I would wear them no problem because they would be up to the health and safety requirements. Hope that helps!

Cheers! Just thought 'eff it' and ordered 'em! Wooo! (Don't think they realise it's a public holiday here when they say they'll be delivered on the 2nd, heh)

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Wooohoo! Got to love new shoes! I bought mine on a buy now don't pay for 6 months interest free deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Can anyone suggest some good men's dress shoes that stand up to lots of wear? My husband is on his feet a lot at work and I swear his shoes just fall to pieces. The last pair only lasted maybe 2 months! Looking for affordable, but willing to pay a bit more if they are really durable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:07 am 
WRETCHED

Out of curiosity, have you tried the vegetarian shoes ones? We never have but my husband needed dress shoes for the first time since I've been with him (the shoes are at least 8 years old). We are going to try them but I hope they last longer than a couple months.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:43 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Not yet. We mostly do department store brands that are accidentally vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

Kelly wrote:
Can anyone suggest some good men's dress shoes that stand up to lots of wear? My husband is on his feet a lot at work and I swear his shoes just fall to pieces. The last pair only lasted maybe 2 months! Looking for affordable, but willing to pay a bit more if they are really durable!

I can recommend the Cambridge Shoe by Vegetarian Shoes, which I own by myself. The price may be rather high, but these shoes are Goodyear welted insted of being glued together like most cheaper footwear. While the welted construction makes the shoes quite heavy and stiff, it allows for comfort when broken in and an excellent repairability.
With its captoe Oxford design and a typical English last, the Cambridge Shoe looks very classic and understated, although it might be a bit too conservative for some.
I strongly advise polishing the shoes for a better look and kepping shoes trees in them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i have been searching for old school looking kicks and bought these w/ additional 20% off.

http://www.drjays.com/shop/P1468831/aka ... eaker.html

They will go with my grey clothing! I only wear black and grey...a bit of white!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 am 
Smuggling Raisins

anyone have any experience with VOLATILE? i've been searching for a vegan friendly cowboy boot style shoe, they have quite a few options.. but i'm so hesitant to spend $$ if the shoes will just fall apart...

Image Image Image Image

http://www.zappos.com/volatile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So annoyed.... my pretty little iron fist shoes are starting to fall apart and I'm not even wearing them 2 months. Now have to go on the hunt for another pair of shoes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

icy wrote:
anyone have any experience with VOLATILE? i've been searching for a vegan friendly cowboy boot style shoe, they have quite a few options.. but i'm so hesitant to spend $$ if the shoes will just fall apart...

Image Image Image Image

http://www.zappos.com/volatile

I used to wear them a lot when platform shoes were cool. I remember them being really comfy, and I never had a pair fall apart, but I don't know if I wore them extensively enough to wear them out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am 
Smuggling Raisins

thanks, creep! really comfy is a definite draw....! so they seemed like good quality, huh? i have a tendency to wear shoes out, i suppose i walk hard or something...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm 
Nailed to the V

has anyone ever bought flamenco shoes? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:46 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Kelly wrote:

Not sure if these would do, since they're not shiny, but they're incredibly easy-care and they're showing no sign of wear so far after maybe a couple of months of wearing most days - http://eco-vegan-shoes.com/beyond-leath ... -shoe.html

They're meant to be unisex so I bought a pair, but my boyfriend did too and they definitely look better on him. The really great thing about them so far is that any dirt just sponges off really easily.

ETA: just seen they do a 'Smart Walker' in the same style but with shiny leather-look. They have "30 DAYS "MUDDY SHOES" GUARANTEE & FREE WORLDWIDE RETURNS try the shoes out how you like - if you are not happy for whatever reason send them back for a full refund or exchange - no questions asked. We understand you cannot find out if a shoe or boot is right for you - just wearing in your living room" (I think they did free worldwide delivery too when they first started, but I see they don't do that now.)

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Emilie wrote:
has anyone ever bought flamenco shoes? :)

I studied for a few years. I could never find any actual expressly-for-flamenco shoes that were vegan, but I found some great heeled maryjanes that looked very much like flamenco shoes, and put padding under the ball of the foot. They looked and sounded great!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:58 pm 
Nailed to the V

well I found these ...but I'm not buynig them! A spanish forum also recommends synthetic ones, I'll see if they sell some here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:52 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Emilie wrote:
well I found these ...but I'm not buynig them! A spanish forum also recommends synthetic ones, I'll see if they sell some here.

are you professional or competing? if not, you shouldn't need the super expensive pro shoes. i had something kind of similar to these and, with foot pads, danced on them for several years with no problem, and my teacher said they even sounded authentic!

http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/hu ... pumps.aspx
http://www.maurices.com/product/index.j ... d=13219937

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Does anyone know if Ethical Wares are any good or have any recommendations for black ankle boots that stand up to rain reasonably well?

I was thinking of getting something like the below, shipping is pretty pricy but I wouldn't mind if I knew they would last more than a few months because I can't seem to find anything locally and the last few pairs of boots I have bought have not lasted very long at all http://www.ethicalwares.com/vegan-veget ... black.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 am 
Nailed to the V

molasses jane wrote:
Emilie wrote:

are you professional or competing? if not, you shouldn't need the super expensive pro shoes. i had something kind of similar to these and, with foot pads, danced on them for several years with no problem, and my teacher said they even sounded authentic!

http://www.alternativeoutfitters.com/hu ... pumps.aspx
http://www.maurices.com/product/index.j ... d=13219937

actually I'm not pro at all! :D so far I use regular shoes too, I might keep doing so :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 50  Next