| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 305  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

They replied and said they're going to look into it for me and let me know! I asked them about the colors I ordered, but said that if they could find out other colors that don't have animal derived ingredients that it'd help me make future purchases, so we'll see!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

They are a pain in the asparagus about it. You have to send them specific product/shade names, in writing.

Some skin care stuff has pearl extract in it too, which I was sad about. So I'm back to looking for something to get rid of my stupid dark sun spots.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kitteh, Color Club aren't the easiest to find here, but there's a midwest grocery/superstore chain called Meijer that tends to get the new collections in, and I get them there. Ross stores sometimes have sets of Color Club polishes, Ross are a chain of outlet stores that sell a jumble of clothes and home goods and other miscellaneous stuff. Plus Color Club is repackaged as Funky Fingers and sold at Five Below which is another chain, sort of like a dollar store, where everything is $5 or less and it's aimed at tweens and teens. So overall they're accessible, if not easy to get. Plus they're sold online.

Jojo, looks like you can buy Color Club in the UK now, http://www.britnails.co.uk/2013/02/colo ... -hues.html

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:59 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Kitteh, Color Club aren't the easiest to find here, but there's a midwest grocery/superstore chain called Meijer that tends to get the new collections in, and I get them there. Ross stores sometimes have sets of Color Club polishes, Ross are a chain of outlet stores that sell a jumble of clothes and home goods and other miscellaneous stuff. Plus Color Club is repackaged as Funky Fingers and sold at Five Below which is another chain, sort of like a dollar store, where everything is $5 or less and it's aimed at tweens and teens. So overall they're accessible, if not easy to get. Plus they're sold online.

Jojo, looks like you can buy Color Club in the UK now, http://www.britnails.co.uk/2013/02/colo ... -hues.html

Is that Ross Dress For Less Jessi? If so there's a branch 5 minutes from mine & Kitteh's VVC hotel in Portland!

How much do CC polishes usually cost? I found them for sale on the UK site & they work out at around $10 before shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think they're usually $8, so $10 isn't bad at all. And yeah, Ross Dress For Less, they have sets sometimes from different collections.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ack. Ross. I hate that store, but envy/admire the fortitude of those able to venture in and leave victorious. My mom has found great things there over the years, but I'd rather pay full price than deal with all those piled up racks and packed aisles. <shudder>

It's a really great place to find suits and coats though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:49 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I used to love shopping at Ross until I moved here. In the small city I lived in during college (about 75K people), Ross would only be busy on weekends, so I'd go during the week between classes and have some nice, peaceful shopping time.

Then I moved and here, the Ross (and every other store, for that matter) is always crazy jam packed with lines going all the way back to the end of the store. A 45 minute wait is not unusual. Marshall's isn't so bad, so I'll go there sometimes, but usually I just order stuff online since I don't have to deal with all of the people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm wearing my new off white shirt with a small black floral pattern tomorrow. I can't decide on polish. Currently wearing blue and not feeling it anymore. Maybe Goldfingers. Or Morning Rose.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I love Ross/Marshalls's/TJ Maxx/Burlington Coat Factory. But I'm like a shopping ninja, where I can scan a rack from 50 feet away and know exactly what items I might like. It drives my mother and my husband crazy because if someone is looking for specific item I can walk through the department and in 60 seconds tell you if said item is there or not, and they don't believe me and keep looking and then I get to be smug.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I can't do that, not at all. I hate to shop, but I like to buy things. Not at all the same!

I decided on pastel metallics, so I did Skyline on one hand and Island on the other. Skyline is purty. Island is ok; sort of like the inside of a seashell. Peachy pinks aren't my thing, but this one is a mild duochrome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

jojo wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:

Is that Ross Dress For Less Jessi? If so there's a branch 5 minutes from mine & Kitteh's VVC hotel in Portland!

jessilikewhoa wrote:
And yeah, Ross Dress For Less, they have sets sometimes from different collections.

WHIZZER! We are heading there for sure :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 am 
Not NOT A Furry

jessilikewhoa wrote:
. . . I'm like a shopping ninja, where I can scan a rack from 50 feet away and know exactly what items I might like . . . if someone is looking for specific item I can walk through the department and in 60 seconds tell you if said item is there or not . . .
That's a marketable skill! I'd pay you to shop with me!!

lavawitch wrote:
I hate to shop, but I like to buy things.
Same here, shame one tends to limit the success of the other!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:31 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Chanel Emprise today. I really like it! It's kind of a light pinky peach that looks like a cream in bright lighting, but in lower light you can definitely see the tiny bit of shimmer that it has. The formula and brush are really great, too, although I still have a tendency to flood my cuticles.

I need to pick up some pure acetone and a brush so that I can fix my mistakes. It doesn't bother me too much with lighter polishes, but I was wearing China Glaze's Ruby Pumps the other day and it drove me so crazy that I had to take it off after less than 24 hrs and use something else.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

the black knight!!! yay glitter!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

bluedawg wrote:
baps wrote:
Not sure about your side of the pond but over here you can only buy it from the distributor if you're a pro and if not, you have to buy it from a CND stocking salon. None of the beauty wholesalers like Sallys are licensed to sell it over here.

Edit: if you can't find it in a shop, then take a look here for your nearest CND salon and they will most likely have some for retail.
http://www.cnd.com/find-salon

thanks baps! i found a place or two in the neighborhood who seem to stock CND; i'll swing through one of those and try my luck.

meanwhile, i've been slacking on posting my new shades, so here are a couple to catch up:

a england dragon by vegan.chai, on Flickr

i hemmed and hawed about buying this one, but i love tristam and lady of the lake so much, i thought their grassy green pal might be a good choice too. i really like it! i think it would be a cute spring/summer pedi color.

zoya storm by vegan.chai, on Flickr

and this is zoya storm, courtesy of Nicole, who is super amazing. we did a swap when we both ended up with bottles that weren't our favorites, and i'm loving this one! it's my first black polish ever and i love the shimmer. i did a full mani/pedi with this one and i kept it on my toes for a loooong time.

I WANT STORM.

I'm wearing ORly Sweet Peacock - it's this amazing sparkly blue. I love it. LOVE. Mine's in a new bottle - this link (not mine) is a good representation. http://noeliesnails.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... acock.html

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

sigh....i used the orly bonder, still chips within hours. :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Boo :(

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:07 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I have Sparitual Basalt on my fingers and Sparitual Full of Life on my toes. I found Full of Life at TJ Maxx for $3.99!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 am 
Not NOT A Furry

For Londoners - Wholefoods Piccadlly has Zoya, SpaRitual and Butter London ranges in the Health & Beauty department! (Nice photo of their FB page.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:27 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream. It's so sparkly and seafoamy and beachy. I love it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:24 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Zoya Marley for tips, a nice lavender

Zoya Kieko for toes, a brighter purple

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I would pee myself if I found Sparitual at Marshalls ... I almost swallowed my Adams apple when I found China Glaze Halographics at Meijer :D Im just waiting for the second half of the line to appear and let me stop coveting them online. I have started trying to buy locally to help support local marketing since our jobs have become so scarce around here. yeah yeah, supporting and representing everything isnt possible but Little wins... little wins lol

currently nekkid. not sure what I want to wear. I loooooooove the Halographics but I work inside under fluorescent lights so they never get justice! makes me so sad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:02 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Bel Argus. It's amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

SpaRitual Living In The Moment. (And trying the Orly bonder for the first time.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm scraping the bottom of my base coat. I'll give Orly binder a try if the drug store has it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7612 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 305  Next