| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vaute Couture 2013
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:31 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Can anyone describe what the moleskin fabric is like? I'm thinking about the Emily and am not sure about moleskin vs velveteen. I like the idea of velveteen but it might be too fancy for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:12 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Tzippy wrote:
I ordered the Belden in black V/Velveteen. I ordered the El the first year she started, and while I love it, I think the Belden will be better for me. I had to sew a snap in on the El to keep it from falling off my shoulders. At some point I saw Leanne that the sizing was improved after the first year, so I think this will help.

We better actually have some cold weather this winter! Last year I never got to wear my El coat because it was never cold enough to need anything more than a fleece jacket.

My coat arrived today!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:10 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

mooo wrote:
Can anyone describe what the moleskin fabric is like? I'm thinking about the Emily and am not sure about moleskin vs velveteen. I like the idea of velveteen but it might be too fancy for me.

I know this is super late, but Moleskin is a heavy fabric made of cotton that is very soft on one side, it almost feels like microfiber. It's really soft and really durable.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:06 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Nebraskalaska wrote:
mooo wrote:

I know this is super late, but Moleskin is a heavy fabric made of cotton that is very soft on one side, it almost feels like microfiber. It's really soft and really durable.

That's helpful to me right now, because I got an email saying the dolphin color velvet they ordered came out all wrong, so I have to decide what to do about my coat. I can get it in black moleskin, but I wasn't sure what that would be like. Is it stiff or more drapey? Like, would it crease?

I might just cancel my order though. :/ It's hard to make these decisions without ever seeing the coat or the fabric.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:49 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Moleskin is not a stiff fabric, but I've never had issues with it wrinkling. They're probably using a thicker weight of fabric since it's for outer wear. I suggest googling images of moleskin coats and jackets to help you with the decision.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Tzippy wrote:
Tzippy wrote:
I ordered the Belden in black V/Velveteen. I ordered the El the first year she started, and while I love it, I think the Belden will be better for me. I had to sew a snap in on the El to keep it from falling off my shoulders. At some point I saw Leanne that the sizing was improved after the first year, so I think this will help.

We better actually have some cold weather this winter! Last year I never got to wear my El coat because it was never cold enough to need anything more than a fleece jacket.

My coat arrived today!

Pictures!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:12 pm 

Thanks, nebraskalaska! I did google, but it's so hard to tell just from looking. Good to know it isn't stiff; I wanted something soft and not wrinkly.

Gah, decisions. Might as well just try it, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yes, I want to see pictures too!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:18 pm 
Naked Under Apron

If I don't like my Book I might try to exchange it for a Velveteen Belden in black. I have one from two winters ago but I LOVE anything velvet or velveteen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:19 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

My belden arrived this weekend! I love it!

I haven't been able to get a good picture of it, but I love the navy moleskin. The only problem is that it's going to need frequent lint brushings. But I wore it earlier in the week when it was cold and it kept me really warm. It's fairly heavy with the lining, but in a good, solid, warm, quality coat kind of way.

For those of you still wondering about the moleskin, it's like a very short velvet material. Like I said, it collects lint, but I don't think it'll wrinkle. The coat itself is pretty structured, but the material itself is very soft.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:07 pm 
Naked Under Apron

My coat shipped but they shipped the wrong size. I emailed them asking about sizing because my coats are different sizes from different years and then I switched sizes. Boo. I'm hoping I can exchange it if it doesn't fit and they haven't sold out as soon often happens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:23 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

GAH. Well, my coat arrived today, it was my big splurge (!!!!) and I was really looking forward to it. First of all, the sent me the wrong colour - I wanted the navy and I got the black. And also, just yesterday they sent a note out saying that the Beldens were running small this year, and sure enough, my coat is too snug. It's an XL, so there's nowhere for me to go up from here. I'm very disappointed.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm sorry PP, that sucks. :(

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:21 pm 

Sorry, PP. :(

I was really looking forward to mine too, but after the email about the color coming out wrong, and then a delayed response to my questions (they're very busy, I know, it just gave me lots of time to hem and haw), I wound up canceling. I'm bummed too. I hope they continue to be successful and are able at some point to have a more conventional business model, with things being less... up in the air. Stinks to spend so much and wait so long with no idea of what you might actually get.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:29 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Gah, sorry PP, that sucks. Have you contacted them to see if they can do something?

For those who missed it in the recent update email:
Quote:
... the Musicbox and Audrey ... are taking a bit longer to finish... The other styles that are going out this week are the Pegasus, Stargazer, and Vaute. If you're waiting for one of these and ordered before 10/22, forward this email to Lisa at LisaVaute@gmail.com to let her know what size you are in tee or tank and we'll send you one as a gift for the delay!

I really really hope they manage to ship the free tees in the same package as the coats. I'll be quite annoyed if I had to pay 50+ euros or whatever of custom fees *twice*.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 pm 

I have contacted them, and Lisa has advised me to sit tight while she sees if there's anything she can do (in addition to a refund) to make up for the $30 shipping + $40 customs + having to pay for shipping back...for something that was wrong.

We'll see!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 pm 
Naked Under Apron

They are really good about helping fix problems.

I was just looking at their site and they have the coat I originally wanted now when it was sold out before. I'm hoping they still have it when I get mine so I can exchange it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:24 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Well I was right the coat is too small. I emailed them with the email exchange we had about the size change and I'm praying that they have more because it is gorgeous. It seems to run really small though, beyond being the wrong size (I got the Traveler).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I think they have the very best customer service ever. I ordered a dress this past summer but ordered the wrong size so I returned it, and throughout the whole transaction I had the loveliest and most helpful emails ever from them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:51 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I ordered a waxen canvas since I don't need any more winter coats when they had the preorder sale. Anyone know if those have shipped? I'm a little bummed, since I thought those would ship out faster since they are an older style.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:33 pm 
Naked Under Apron

So I exchanged my coat in person at the store and it's still the wrong one. It comes in an insulated and an uninsulated version. I ordered the insulated one and she gave me the uninsulated. I should have paid better attention when I she did it but I was just so happy it fit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:50 pm 

UGH They've been terrible with getting back to me. I get that they're busy (I'm getting the impression through FB and Instagram that a lot of people's coats were wrong), and I'm trying to be patient, but it took them a week to write back to my email confirming where to send my coat for a refund! I think that the unconventional business model just isn't working the way it should. I saw Sarah Kramer post that her coat is WAY too small as well.

I'm kinda peeved because I was sent the wrong coat, and was only alerted to the fact that the coats were running small after mine had shipped. So the size chart I used to measure myself against and order the right size was wrong. So I'm out a bunch of shipping and customs, which would be fine if I actually got the coat I ordered, but instead I just lost all that money for nothing. I really really wanted to have a positive experience, but so far it's been really negative :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I am curious as to how this works. If you send out an email that the coats are too small after people have ordered, won't all the coats not fit?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:09 pm 

You'd think, right? Maybe some people are on the small side of a size, but I am a true XL and can't just squeeze into it. Also, funny enough, there was an update that went out about the pre-orders, and the bit about everything running small is tucked into the last bullet point.

And I'm guessing based on how busy their customer service seems to be that they are having a lot of people needing exchanges/returns.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 pm 
WRETCHED

That is a shame. I haven't been able to fit in their coats since I gained weight but I have a couple waiting... in case. I thought the coat I bought a couple years ago actually ran slightly big but definitely not small. Wonder how they got to things running small.

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next