| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:31 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
I need something super powerful now that I'm a longhaired hippie. My Walgreens hairdryer from 2002 is just not cutting it anymore. What you got?

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2132
Location: milwaukee
i used to just buy whatever was at target, but this last time i really broke the bank and went fancy-style. i like my hair dryer a lot, and it's SUPER powerful on the high setting. in fact, i'm pretty sure you used this one, right? i know i loaned you something hair-related, i believe it was the hair dryer.

http://www.amazon.com/2000blk-Salon-Pro ... 621&sr=8-1

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 pm
Posts: 4183
Location: Vancouver Island
I have an Avanti Professional hairdryer...I have had it since hair school, over 5 years ago. During school (1yr) I used it multiple times a day and it still works wonderfully! They are a bit on an investment (mine was $200 brand new) but you can get them fo usually $75 from a beauty supplier for the lower end versions.
http://www.flatironexperts.com/Avanti-Hair-Dryers-s/172.htm

_________________
tofulish wrote:
Human, the tastiest animal of all.


Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
bluedawg wrote:
i used to just buy whatever was at target, but this last time i really broke the bank and went fancy-style. i like my hair dryer a lot, and it's SUPER powerful on the high setting. in fact, i'm pretty sure you used this one, right? i know i loaned you something hair-related, i believe it was the hair dryer.

http://www.amazon.com/2000blk-Salon-Pro ... 621&sr=8-1

I did use it!

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2241
I had a stupidly expensive T3 for years and loved it until it started catching on fire. Then I bought a Target exclusive cheapo T3 and that didn't last very long at all. Now I have this middle of the road Babyliss one and I love it. It's powerful and makes my hair super shiny. It's kind of heavy compared to the T3, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:32 pm 
Offline
Spent a summer in Brisbane, hated it
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 am
Posts: 248
Location: Western Mass
After many years of hair dryers breaking, I finally went to Sally Beauty Supply and bought one of the professional ceramic ones. I think I've had it for over 7 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm
Posts: 1143
Location: Knoxville, TN
Pinko wrote:
I had a stupidly expensive T3 for years and loved it until it started catching on fire. Then I bought a Target exclusive cheapo T3 and that didn't last very long at all. Now I have this middle of the road Babyliss one and I love it. It's powerful and makes my hair super shiny. It's kind of heavy compared to the T3, though.


I have the same Babyliss and am very happy with it (I also got it from Amazon, but cheaper than the link you gave: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ASDGK8).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2241
Tzippy wrote:
Pinko wrote:
I had a stupidly expensive T3 for years and loved it until it started catching on fire. Then I bought a Target exclusive cheapo T3 and that didn't last very long at all. Now I have this middle of the road Babyliss one and I love it. It's powerful and makes my hair super shiny. It's kind of heavy compared to the T3, though.


I have the same Babyliss and am very happy with it (I also got it from Amazon, but cheaper than the link you gave: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ASDGK8).


Yeah, I didn't pay that much either. I just linked to that one because it had the biggest picture (I'm dumb).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:24 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I have a Vidal Sassoon but it's started to make a tinny, whining sound when I use it, I think it's time for a pro hair dryer.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2821
Location: Boston, MA
I have a Sedu Xti- just realized I've had it almost 3 years now, it still works great. I think it's worth the investment.

http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-dryers ... hair-dryer

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I'm bumping this thread to post about my new hairdryer - I got a Parlux 3800 and it is fantastic.

Image

Parlux

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 am
Posts: 182
IsaChandra wrote:
I need something super powerful now that I'm a longhaired hippie. My Walgreens hairdryer from 2002 is just not cutting it anymore. What you got?



Solano is my favorite. I'm a stylist & these last forever. ball beauty or the solano website are the best places to buy:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a hairdryer that you love?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:44 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Boston, MA
Gah. My hairdryer blew up this morning. I have no idea what to get. I'm looking at the recommendations here. I'd like to get the Parlux, but it isn't in my price range.

FHI heat? Babyliss? T3? Sedu?

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer