| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yay! another vegan brush line!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:41 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm kind of geeking out about this because one of the ladies who does Pixiwoo (awesome youtube makeup tutorials) apparently has her own all synthetic line at Ulta now, and it looks good!

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/categor ... pr=&minPr=

I like how all the brush sets have useful brushes and not like, one that's a sponge tip on a stick or something like that. I'm also digging the short handles. An Ulta just opened at my nearest mall and I was already eager to check it out.

Post subject: Re: Yay! another vegan brush line!
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:49 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Those look really nice and the prices are very reasonable. I'm especially interested in the stippling brush, I have some vegan ones from Lumiere but they're a bit stiff.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wait... where did an Ulta open?!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:28 pm 
Chip Strong

The Northshore Mall, in Peabody!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I haven't been up there yet, but it sounds like there's great stores there! Not sure how I'd get up there now as I'm selling ma car.

I love having more brush options though! I want to get a few more eyeshadow brushes whenever I can justify spending money on that. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:34 am 
Chip Strong

I've never been to an Ulta before as they only started opening up here recently, but it looks like they ship for people who can't get to one. The eyeshadow brushes look pretty good and the reviews I'm reading are pretty glowing.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I asked where they were made (China) so I commented that they are probably not truly cruelty-free if they're made there. Here is their response via facebook:

"The Real Techniques™ collection was designed in collaboration with Sam Chapman in the US and the UK. The products are manufactured in China under thoughtful conditions. As a company we are sensitive to social compliance issues. All suppliers and their employees are treated and compensated fairly, and work environments are held to high standards. Involuntary and under age labor are strictly prohibited, and we go to every length possible to ensure suppliers adhere to company guidelines."

I asked what companies and organizations oversee that part of their business. I am anxious to see what they say. These brushes are supposed to be amazing, and Sam seems like such a decent person. I was surprised that they were make in PRC :(

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ooh! Those look awesome!

I love Sam. I want her to come do my makeup everyday and talk British to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 pm 
Cranky

There's an Ulta in Everett, Boston peeps, right off the Wellington stop on the orange line.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:46 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

ndpittman wrote:
I haven't been up there yet, but it sounds like there's great stores there! Not sure how I'd get up there now as I'm selling ma car.

I love having more brush options though! I want to get a few more eyeshadow brushes whenever I can justify spending money on that. :)

Road trip? I have a car!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 am 
Ninja Master

I'm bumping this because I've recently invested in some of these brushes (ok lots of them) and they are AWESOME!!

Also, I discovered that Illamasqua's brushes are all synthetic too, which makes me super happy as their blending brush is one I use every day!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I got some vegan brushes at IMATS (make up show) in November. I ended up spending about $40 and got around 9 or 10 brushes. The are amazing! The brand is bdellium and I don't remember where they are made, but I don't think it was China or I wouldn't have bought them. They are beautiful to look at too. I should link to their site but I honestly don't feel like looking for it haha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I love these brushes and would highly recommend then to anyone. I am pretty much solely using these now over all of my other brushes (of which I have quite a lot).