| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, it does smell similar. Each colour has a different fragrance, I'm using the Gold one at the moment (Christmas limited edition) which smells of Honey I washed the kids (but vegan).

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:22 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I picked up a bar of the Salt and Peppermint Bark scrub. If you think it smells delicious in the store, wait til you smell it in the shower! I wanted to take a bite of it. It IS more scrubby than you expect though so be careful if you're going to use it on your arms or something.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:17 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Nimmy you aren't kidding on both counts! It smells so good but holy moly I scrubbed my arms almost raw with almost no effort. Careful!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Finally got my pre-Christmas order of maple taffy lip balm and one of my favourite products ever - ponche shower gel. Oh ponche, how I have missed you.

Did anyone pick up any boxing day sale bargains?

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:57 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I only bought one Christmas product this year (the peppermint scrub) and sampled the Christingle. I'm still not positive Christingle isn't in fact toothpaste repackaged. Overall I was too broke from Christmas haha.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:47 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

B_A_D wrote:
So many new lush options!
I started using their solid deodorant and I love it! Almost out, debating if I should switch it up or not.
Last time I was in there wasn't much for foot care, but man do I need something to help my feet I might have to check out the online supply.

I have been using the Aromaco (the creamy solid) for a few months now and just love it. Finding a "natural" deodorant that actually works has been a real holy grail for me and Aromaco is the best I've tried. The Mr. purchased the T'eo (the lavendar powder-y solid) and it's also (surprisingly!) effective. LUSH is totally where the good natural deodorants are at.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm going to be placing an order soon. The nearest Lush to me is ~2 hour drive from here, and NOT a good drive to make in the winter (said store is in Roseville and involves driving through an area where people famously ate each other for survival. . .IJS).

I'm somewhat dependent on the Jason and the Argan Oil shampoo bar and the Porridge soap. I am also running low. Time to throw away wads of money!

Based on this discussion, I think I'm going to try the deodorant, while I'm at it. Vegan deodorant is always hippie deodorant, right? There are no conventional alternatives? (I miss my cancer-giving antiperspirant!)

I will also allow myself one (ONE!) fun thing. I like frilly bath stuff. I do not like most florals. I realize my choices are limited.

I really enjoyed the Comforter bubble bar when I bought it. . . I kind of want to branch out! Do you guys have any non-flowery recommendations? (Some flowery is okay, I guess? But no lavender. Just. No.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Certain Dri is vegan. At least it was. I still have Mitchum for before Revlon became cruelty full again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

blondiefk wrote:
Certain Dri is vegan. At least it was. I still have Mitchum for before Revlon became cruelty full again.

Oh, wow! They (Certain Dri) have an article on their site from about a year ago, stating it's cruelty free and vegan because "bunnies don't wear antiperspirant, humans do." I don't know if my sweat is "excessive," but I think I'll give this a shot!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 pm 
Stepford Vegan

went to lush bubblegum & vday lip scrubs = sold out! ugh. i do not care for the popcorn one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Has anyone tried 'the Kiss' lip gloss? Is it like a gloss or a balm? I'm intrigued as it's in a proper lip balm tube but it's sold out online.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:12 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Rosie wrote:
Has anyone tried 'the Kiss' lip gloss? Is it like a gloss or a balm? I'm intrigued as it's in a proper lip balm tube but it's sold out online.

I'm pretty sure it's the balm repackaged. I have one from last year and it's really yummy smelling (and tasting!).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Nimmy wrote:
Rosie wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's the balm repackaged. I have one from last year and it's really yummy smelling (and tasting!).

I'll probably get it if they have it in store then :) I'm really excited about the lover lamp bath bomb and roses all the way soap....yay new things.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought The Kiss lip scrub and a bath bomb yesterday) though I don't remember the name.) I'm so excited to use it! My bathtub at home needs to be replaced so I never take baths but where I'm staying has a nice tub with a heating bulb in the ceiling.

I also really liked The Comforter bath gel but I'm not sure if I already have it upstate. Plus I really don't need more bath gel. I have two rose jams and two sonic death monkeys and other various ones. I probably have enough bath gel to last several years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:29 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

blondiefk wrote:
I bought The Kiss lip scrub and a bath bomb yesterday) though I don't remember the name.) I'm so excited to use it! My bathtub at home needs to be replaced so I never take baths but where I'm staying has a nice tub with a heating bulb in the ceiling.

I also really liked The Comforter bath gel but I'm not sure if I already have it upstate. Plus I really don't need more bath gel. I have two rose jams and two sonic death monkeys and other various ones. I probably have enough bath gel to last several years.

I also have a problem with shower gels. I have...so many. In my shower alone and not in my stash I have Avowash from my store's birthday, Lard of Misrule, and Rose Jam. I also have mini bottles of Grass and Prince Charming.

My stash has Hot Toddy, Yummy Mummy, and So White.

I'm out of control

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The creamy candy bubble bar is too good. I couldn't ration it. Dashing Santa was like bathing in warm orange soda, in the best possible way.

The pink soap (rockstar or something?) smells SO LOVELY. I can't wait to run out of my current soap so I can use it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:03 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

oddspongeout wrote:
The creamy candy bubble bar is too good. I couldn't ration it. Dashing Santa was like bathing in warm orange soda, in the best possible way.

The pink soap (rockstar or something?) smells SO LOVELY. I can't wait to run out of my current soap so I can use it!

Creamy Candy mixed with the Pink Mini bath bomb makes me feel like Sailor Moon!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:04 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My favourite bath bomb ever, which has been discontinued for years (youki hi) came back on the Kitchen but it sold out before I could order any :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:24 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I just bought the shampoo Big and cannot believe how much I love it.
Also got the skin tint Feeling Younger. I love the way it applies so smoothly and gives a nice glow to my skin.
score and score.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:43 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I went on a huge LUSH spree over the holidays with my gift card...I bought the "Dirty" perfume, Sandstone soap, Rockstar/fairygodmother soap, Frizz eaze, veganaise, mint lip scrub, and rose tooth tabs. I'm so in love with the sandstone soap. The perfume and lip scrub have been in my gym bag and are quite handy...I've even used the lip scrub to exfoliate my entire face--feels nice!
As always, the hair stuff is good. Not exceptionally good, but still good. I haven't used a tooth tab yet, but they make my bag smell enticing.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:21 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So there are a few new things for father's day....

https://uk.lush.com/products/fathers-day#showall

I'm interested in getting the smuggler's soul shampoo, and that block party soap looks great.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

gross, they're putting eggs in shampoo now? this is weird. i mean, i obviously wouldn't buy it because of the honey anyway, but i was really thrown by the egg thing:

Quote:
Mineral-rich coarse sea salt leaves locks squeaky clean and full of volume, while softening linseed decoction, nourishing honey and protein-rich organic free range eggs soften and condition.

http://www.lushusa.com/Jersey-Bounce/99 ... US,pd.html

bleah.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My skin is freaking out, and I dunno know why. Under skin blemishes and just general terribleness.

I am not sure if its a reaction to using Dark Angels but it never bothered me before or if its its just junkfood/stress... but I need a way to fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I tried Lush henna a couple months ago, and it is not for me. I used my regular powder yesterday, and it was SO SO much better for my hair. That said, I have 3 squares of Lush caca rouge if anyone wants it. I'll be glad to mail it to anyone in the US. I know it's not the cheapest stuff in the world, so if any of you use it or want to give it a try, shoot me a message.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:16 am 
Stepford Vegan

for my birthday (early) my friend sent me the death & decay oil & solid scent. my boyfriend bought me the solid the week before. it smells really nice! i am not usually a floral but over the years i have come to like earthy floral scents and this is perfect!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next