| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I missed that when I went the other day! I got more dry shampoo and the yuzu and cocoa shower gel. It smells so good!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:42 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

blondiefk wrote:
I got more dry shampoo and the yuzu and cocoa shower gel. It smells so good!

I love that shower gel! I just tried Rose Jam for the first time and really like the fact that I smell like Turkish Delight

Facebook

http://thechroniclesofbanania.blogspot.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

missmuffcake wrote:
for my birthday (early) my friend sent me the death & decay oil

Yay, I remember you wanting this before and it not being available in the states. It's a gorgeous scent, isn't it? it's one of the few fragrances that lingers on me all day long, I love it.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I am seriously looking forward to working in a city that has a lush store. I'm daydreaming about the things I will buy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Star wrote:
blondiefk wrote:
I got more dry shampoo and the yuzu and cocoa shower gel. It smells so good!

I love that shower gel! I just tried Rose Jam for the first time and really like the fact that I smell like Turkish Delight

I looooove the yuzu and cocoa shower gel! I wish I could talk myself into buying the big size. I just have the teensy one and it's almost gone. It smells so good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:42 pm 
Stepford Vegan

Rosie wrote:

Yay, I remember you wanting this before and it not being available in the states. It's a gorgeous scent, isn't it? it's one of the few fragrances that lingers on me all day long, I love it.

i find it stays on better if if you layer the oil over the solid. the solid is nice if you put a bit in your hair. :) i really like it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got the Death and Decay solid today. I like it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So at the Lush I usually shop at, I pretty much always get a sample of a fresh face mask when I make a purchase. I was at a different store yesterday and asked for a sample of Catastrophe Cosmetic when I was checking out and the sales associate told me they're not allowed to sample them because they need to be refrigerated. Because someone could have a reaction to putting a moldy mask on their face and the store could be liable. But somehow if you pay for the full size that isn't an issue, I guess? Makes no sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

yeah, that makes absolutely no sense! you have to take the mask out of the store to get it home, sample or not! very weird.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ok, I've given up on LUSH hair care. I tried for like half a year using Brazilliant, Godiva, Jungle, and R&B on my dry, curly, frizzy hair, and then one day last week I decided to use up the leftover Aveda Be Curly products (that I had been trying to transition away from with LUSH) and my hair looked and felt better than it had in months. My colleagues even asked if I'd gotten a haircut because my hair looked so much better.

So yeah, I had my qualms about Aveda because of parent company issues, but LUSH is really not doing my hair any favors. I still love their other products and have five different large bottles of shower gel in my shower and I really like Angels on Bare Skin for my face, but their hair products just don't work for me. Pity, because I love the smell of Brazilliant and Jungle, and LUSH is actually easier for me to get to than an Aveda Salon. But alas....

Vegan Stuff in Belgium

VSiB FB page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

bluedawg wrote:
yeah, that makes absolutely no sense!

Factory sealed in sterile environment v. sealed in the store with potential contaminants?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

lepelaar wrote:
Ok, I've given up on LUSH hair care. I tried for like half a year using Brazilliant, Godiva, Jungle, and R&B on my dry, curly, frizzy hair, and then one day last week I decided to use up the leftover Aveda Be Curly products (that I had been trying to transition away from with LUSH) and my hair looked and felt better than it had in months. My colleagues even asked if I'd gotten a haircut because my hair looked so much better.

So yeah, I had my qualms about Aveda because of parent company issues, but LUSH is really not doing my hair any favors. I still love their other products and have five different large bottles of shower gel in my shower and I really like Angels on Bare Skin for my face, but their hair products just don't work for me. Pity, because I love the smell of Brazilliant and Jungle, and LUSH is actually easier for me to get to than an Aveda Salon. But alas....

Just an alternative to Aveda, Paul Mitchell are Leaping Bunny certified and their entire curls line is vegan https://www.paulmitchell.com/our-produc ... ell/curls/

I love Lush, but they aren't a salon haircare brand and they're not going to give you salon results. I love a lot of their stuff, but their haircare is not a favorite.

twitter/instagram @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm 

i've also heard good things about trader joe's nourish (for curly hair in particular), which is (i believe) the giovanni 50/50 line.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jessilikewhoa wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

Just an alternative to Aveda, Paul Mitchell are Leaping Bunny certified and their entire curls line is vegan https://www.paulmitchell.com/our-produc ... ell/curls/

I love Lush, but they aren't a salon haircare brand and they're not going to give you salon results. I love a lot of their stuff, but their haircare is not a favorite.

Thanks, jessilikewhoa! I've tried Paul Mitchell Curls line before and would like to try it again. Unfortunately, getting to a Paul Mitchell salon is also kind of a schlep for me.

bluedawg wrote:
i've also heard good things about trader joe's nourish (for curly hair in particular), which is (i believe) the giovanni 50/50 line.

Thanks, bluedawg. Unfortunately, we don't have Trader Joe's here. I'll look into Giovanni, but a cursory search seems to indicate it's only available online in Europe.

Vegan Stuff in Belgium

VSiB FB page

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:37 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Did anyone else see the Hallowe'en products on Buzzfeed? They're live on the US website but not the UK one so maybe we're not getting the same products you are. Everything looks really good:

Fireside soap
Goth fairy shimmer bar
Boo luxury bath melt
Magic wand soap
Autumn leaf bath bomb
Monster's ball bath bomb
pumpkin bath bomb

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I needed a shampoo bar for my husband & some face cleanser, so I placed an order the other day & threw in the autumn leaf & the pumpkin bath bombs. I hardly ever buy the "fun" stuff for myself, just the stuff I really need, so I'm pretty excited!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:35 pm 

they have a new vegan lip balm that i am really looking forward to trying... it's part rose, so i'm not sure if i'll like it or not, but i LOVE lip balm, so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:16 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Nimmy wrote:
Alyx wrote:
I had a glittery lotion bar years ago that I loved, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm going to be near the Cleveland Lush outlet next week... I'm considering getting a face/body scrub. Anyone tried the Dark Angel or others?
Very tempted to go on a lip balm/color spending spree. I lost my hemp balm, and all of my re-gifted lipcolors are years old, which is kind of ewy.

The face stuff that I've used:
Angels on Bare Skin- Smells lovely like lavender and fairy soft exfoliation. Good for all skin types.
Buche de Noel- pretty much the same exact formula as the above but with a different scent (almond).
Let the Good Times Roll- For dry skin. Smells delicious like caramel corn or something. A rougher exfoliation and not to be used every day for sensitive skin.
Cup o' Coffee face mask/wash/thing- I'm really tempted to eat this one, but so far have resisted. It smells like chocolate and coffee and make my skin smell the same. It exfoliates similar to LtGTR, but a little gentler imo. Also good for all skin types I've been told.

Thanks Nimmy! I just came back to this thread to browse for mention of scrubs again because I forgot I posted this. Good thing it takes you to the oldest posts since your last I guess. "Let the good times roll" sounds like a win.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got a Sugar Plum Fairy lip tint in the post-xmas half price sale. I really like it, though the colour is a lot more subtle than I thought it was going to be. I guess it's a seasonal item so I'm probably going to buy a couple more if they're not all gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

lepelaar wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

Thanks, jessilikewhoa! I've tried Paul Mitchell Curls line before and would like to try it again. Unfortunately, getting to a Paul Mitchell salon is also kind of a schlep for me.

Have you spoken to your hairdresser? My hairdresser doesn't usually carry Paul Mitchell products, but she orders it for me from her supplier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I have one of the new lip balms, the key lime one. It reminds me of this key lime lip balm I had in grade 7 that I was obsessed with. In other words, it's great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55