| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: NYC/Schenectady, NY
I missed that when I went the other day! I got more dry shampoo and the yuzu and cocoa shower gel. It smells so good!

_________________
If a milkshake is going to change the world then it should be at least be an Oreo one. - daisychain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:42 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am
Posts: 2441
Location: The island of misfit toys
blondiefk wrote:
I got more dry shampoo and the yuzu and cocoa shower gel. It smells so good!


I love that shower gel! I just tried Rose Jam for the first time and really like the fact that I smell like Turkish Delight

_________________
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Facebook

http://thechroniclesofbanania.blogspot.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:07 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Wales
missmuffcake wrote:
for my birthday (early) my friend sent me the death & decay oil


Yay, I remember you wanting this before and it not being available in the states. It's a gorgeous scent, isn't it? it's one of the few fragrances that lingers on me all day long, I love it.

_________________
MoFo blog :) Rosie's vegan kitchen

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:26 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 4044
Location: Ireland
I am seriously looking forward to working in a city that has a lush store. I'm daydreaming about the things I will buy.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2781
Star wrote:
blondiefk wrote:
I got more dry shampoo and the yuzu and cocoa shower gel. It smells so good!


I love that shower gel! I just tried Rose Jam for the first time and really like the fact that I smell like Turkish Delight

I looooove the yuzu and cocoa shower gel! I wish I could talk myself into buying the big size. I just have the teensy one and it's almost gone. It smells so good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:42 pm 
Offline
Stepford Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 8207
Location: Modesto, CA
Rosie wrote:

Yay, I remember you wanting this before and it not being available in the states. It's a gorgeous scent, isn't it? it's one of the few fragrances that lingers on me all day long, I love it.



i find it stays on better if if you layer the oil over the solid. the solid is nice if you put a bit in your hair. :) i really like it!

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:22 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: NYC/Schenectady, NY
I got the Death and Decay solid today. I like it.

_________________
If a milkshake is going to change the world then it should be at least be an Oreo one. - daisychain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:06 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2781
So at the Lush I usually shop at, I pretty much always get a sample of a fresh face mask when I make a purchase. I was at a different store yesterday and asked for a sample of Catastrophe Cosmetic when I was checking out and the sales associate told me they're not allowed to sample them because they need to be refrigerated. Because someone could have a reaction to putting a moldy mask on their face and the store could be liable. But somehow if you pay for the full size that isn't an issue, I guess? Makes no sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:09 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2379
Location: milwaukee
yeah, that makes absolutely no sense! you have to take the mask out of the store to get it home, sample or not! very weird.

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:49 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 3737
Location: The Bene
Ok, I've given up on LUSH hair care. I tried for like half a year using Brazilliant, Godiva, Jungle, and R&B on my dry, curly, frizzy hair, and then one day last week I decided to use up the leftover Aveda Be Curly products (that I had been trying to transition away from with LUSH) and my hair looked and felt better than it had in months. My colleagues even asked if I'd gotten a haircut because my hair looked so much better.

So yeah, I had my qualms about Aveda because of parent company issues, but LUSH is really not doing my hair any favors. I still love their other products and have five different large bottles of shower gel in my shower and I really like Angels on Bare Skin for my face, but their hair products just don't work for me. Pity, because I love the smell of Brazilliant and Jungle, and LUSH is actually easier for me to get to than an Aveda Salon. But alas....

_________________
I ate the shiitake out of inappropriateness. - Hollie

Vegan Stuff in Belgium

VSiB FB page


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm 
Offline
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 1726
bluedawg wrote:
yeah, that makes absolutely no sense!


Factory sealed in sterile environment v. sealed in the store with potential contaminants?

_________________
Your Daily Simon+bonus Daniel! (Usually)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: Joliet, IL
lepelaar wrote:
Ok, I've given up on LUSH hair care. I tried for like half a year using Brazilliant, Godiva, Jungle, and R&B on my dry, curly, frizzy hair, and then one day last week I decided to use up the leftover Aveda Be Curly products (that I had been trying to transition away from with LUSH) and my hair looked and felt better than it had in months. My colleagues even asked if I'd gotten a haircut because my hair looked so much better.

So yeah, I had my qualms about Aveda because of parent company issues, but LUSH is really not doing my hair any favors. I still love their other products and have five different large bottles of shower gel in my shower and I really like Angels on Bare Skin for my face, but their hair products just don't work for me. Pity, because I love the smell of Brazilliant and Jungle, and LUSH is actually easier for me to get to than an Aveda Salon. But alas....


Just an alternative to Aveda, Paul Mitchell are Leaping Bunny certified and their entire curls line is vegan https://www.paulmitchell.com/our-produc ... ell/curls/

I love Lush, but they aren't a salon haircare brand and they're not going to give you salon results. I love a lot of their stuff, but their haircare is not a favorite.

_________________
In addition to BB creams, we now have CC creams and even DD creams. Where's my ZZ cream? I need help growing a sweet beard.-amandabear

twitter/instagram @jessilikewhoa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2379
Location: milwaukee
i've also heard good things about trader joe's nourish (for curly hair in particular), which is (i believe) the giovanni 50/50 line.

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:13 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 3737
Location: The Bene
jessilikewhoa wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Ok, I've given up on LUSH hair care. I tried for like half a year using Brazilliant, Godiva, Jungle, and R&B on my dry, curly, frizzy hair, and then one day last week I decided to use up the leftover Aveda Be Curly products (that I had been trying to transition away from with LUSH) and my hair looked and felt better than it had in months. My colleagues even asked if I'd gotten a haircut because my hair looked so much better.

So yeah, I had my qualms about Aveda because of parent company issues, but LUSH is really not doing my hair any favors. I still love their other products and have five different large bottles of shower gel in my shower and I really like Angels on Bare Skin for my face, but their hair products just don't work for me. Pity, because I love the smell of Brazilliant and Jungle, and LUSH is actually easier for me to get to than an Aveda Salon. But alas....


Just an alternative to Aveda, Paul Mitchell are Leaping Bunny certified and their entire curls line is vegan https://www.paulmitchell.com/our-produc ... ell/curls/

I love Lush, but they aren't a salon haircare brand and they're not going to give you salon results. I love a lot of their stuff, but their haircare is not a favorite.


Thanks, jessilikewhoa! I've tried Paul Mitchell Curls line before and would like to try it again. Unfortunately, getting to a Paul Mitchell salon is also kind of a schlep for me.

bluedawg wrote:
i've also heard good things about trader joe's nourish (for curly hair in particular), which is (i believe) the giovanni 50/50 line.


Thanks, bluedawg. Unfortunately, we don't have Trader Joe's here. I'll look into Giovanni, but a cursory search seems to indicate it's only available online in Europe.

_________________
I ate the shiitake out of inappropriateness. - Hollie

Vegan Stuff in Belgium

VSiB FB page


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:37 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Wales
Did anyone else see the Hallowe'en products on Buzzfeed? They're live on the US website but not the UK one so maybe we're not getting the same products you are. Everything looks really good:

Fireside soap
Goth fairy shimmer bar
Boo luxury bath melt
Magic wand soap
Autumn leaf bath bomb
Monster's ball bath bomb
pumpkin bath bomb

_________________
MoFo blog :) Rosie's vegan kitchen

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 am 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm
Posts: 825
Location: Memphis
I needed a shampoo bar for my husband & some face cleanser, so I placed an order the other day & threw in the autumn leaf & the pumpkin bath bombs. I hardly ever buy the "fun" stuff for myself, just the stuff I really need, so I'm pretty excited!!

_________________
Goodreads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:35 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 2379
Location: milwaukee
they have a new vegan lip balm that i am really looking forward to trying... it's part rose, so i'm not sure if i'll like it or not, but i LOVE lip balm, so.

_________________
i'm not around much, but that doesn't mean i don't love you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:16 pm 
Offline
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:41 pm
Posts: 155
Nimmy wrote:
Alyx wrote:
I had a glittery lotion bar years ago that I loved, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm going to be near the Cleveland Lush outlet next week... I'm considering getting a face/body scrub. Anyone tried the Dark Angel or others?
Very tempted to go on a lip balm/color spending spree. I lost my hemp balm, and all of my re-gifted lipcolors are years old, which is kind of ewy.

The face stuff that I've used:
Angels on Bare Skin- Smells lovely like lavender and fairy soft exfoliation. Good for all skin types.
Buche de Noel- pretty much the same exact formula as the above but with a different scent (almond).
Let the Good Times Roll- For dry skin. Smells delicious like caramel corn or something. A rougher exfoliation and not to be used every day for sensitive skin.
Cup o' Coffee face mask/wash/thing- I'm really tempted to eat this one, but so far have resisted. It smells like chocolate and coffee and make my skin smell the same. It exfoliates similar to LtGTR, but a little gentler imo. Also good for all skin types I've been told.

Thanks Nimmy! I just came back to this thread to browse for mention of scrubs again because I forgot I posted this. Good thing it takes you to the oldest posts since your last I guess. "Let the good times roll" sounds like a win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:50 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: in the middle
I got a Sugar Plum Fairy lip tint in the post-xmas half price sale. I really like it, though the colour is a lot more subtle than I thought it was going to be. I guess it's a seasonal item so I'm probably going to buy a couple more if they're not all gone.

_________________
Sweet talkin' pie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 am 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm
Posts: 76
lepelaar wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:
lepelaar wrote:

Thanks, jessilikewhoa! I've tried Paul Mitchell Curls line before and would like to try it again. Unfortunately, getting to a Paul Mitchell salon is also kind of a schlep for me.



Have you spoken to your hairdresser? My hairdresser doesn't usually carry Paul Mitchell products, but she orders it for me from her supplier.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 7186
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
I have one of the new lip balms, the key lime one. It reminds me of this key lime lip balm I had in grade 7 that I was obsessed with. In other words, it's great.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer