| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:11 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

cool! i forgot there's a youtube video for everything.

i've never had a bubble bar! only the bath bombs. excited to go shopping!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I prefer the bubble bars as a general rule because they make BUBBLES! and you get more uses out of them. exceptions noted for my absolute favorite bath bombs- big blue and twilight. ahhhh, lavender goodness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:04 am 
Ninja Master

I always snap lush bath things in half or thirds. You definitely don't need a whole bubble bar in one bath!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thanks to the lovely dakini's suggestions, the lovely appifanie's excitement about going and my own site browsing, my list for my first visit to the store is longer than it should be. Excited to check it out soon!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:54 pm 

i broke my bomb into 3 nice parts - woo! bath in 10 minutes and counting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:55 pm 

i'm so nice i put some sunny side bubble bar into livi's bath tonight - she was pretty happy :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I use Coalface and Aqua Marina for cleansers (one in the morning, one at night) and I love them both, especially the aqua marina. I've grown addicted to the smell and I look forward to getting to wash my face. I use the Eau Roma Water toner and I LOVE it. I went to Lush last week to get a morning moisturizer (at night I use pure cocoa butter, but that's way too heavy for during the day). I ended up getting Celestial, but I don't really like it. It goes on sort of watery and doesn't feel moisturizing at all...and then a few minutes later it suddenly feels heavy and greasy on my face. My skin doesn't seem to like it; it stings a little and gets red and irritated. When I was there the girl helping me was so nice, but I get VERY VERY nervous talking to people, so when she suggested a color supplement and pointed me toward Jackie Oats I was so flustered and nervous that I just bought it. It has lanolin in it, which I didn't realize until I got home. Argh. I'd have never bought it if she wasn't right there talking to me. She was so nice, but I was starting to panic and just needed to get out. ::sigh:: Ah anxiety, my constant companion.

I usually use straight Henna on my hair, but decided to try Caca Rouge just for shiitakes and giggles, so I'll be caca'ing my hair this week at some point. I was on a bit of a Lush binge when I bought it.

Anyway, I LOVE Lush. The only thing I haven't been crazy about was the Celestial Moisturizer, but I've always been finicky about facial moisturizers because I have really sensitive skin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This is what is looks like to have a forking awesome best friend..

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I would like to share your best friend. Oh yes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:45 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Lachesis wrote:
I would like to share your best friend. Oh yes.

Right?! She's crazy!
She manages the Hamburg LUSH shop. :)

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm loving the seanik shampoo bar, the charity pot hand cream, the cupcake facial mask, and the none of your beeswax lip balm. I like the feel of the veganese conditioner a lot and what it does for my hair, but I'm not much on the smell. The folks in the local store are so helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

melisser wrote:

Yummy! Tell me how you liked the Dragon's Egg, I need to make up my mind about it.
In other news, ditching my old love Karma for Breath of God was such a right decision to make.
Breath of God is the sexiest (okay, maybe second sexiest) scent on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:39 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Awesome, Melisser. I saw the video you did with her on your cosmetics website, so cute. Lush recently did a campaign with Animal Liberation against puppy mills here so I bought this:

Puppy soap!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Have you guys tried the Dorothy bubble bar? It's WONDERFUL.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:54 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I have a group interview for Lush tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:26 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Jigglypuff wrote:

Good luck, it really is the best place to work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:08 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Not trying to put a damper on things but I was pretty miffed when I found at that the main ingredient in their solid shampoos is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I sort of thought they might be a bit better than that. And, I found that the shampoo left a greasy residue on my hair. Nice.

But otherwise their other products are YUM, like their bath bombs and soap, so all is good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Vladan wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:

Good luck, it really is the best place to work.

Thanks, Vladan! I think I did well in the interview, but I'm still trying to keep myself from getting my hopes up too high, just in case. I love the company so much that I think I really would work there for free! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Peacefully wrote:
Not trying to put a damper on things but I was pretty miffed when I found at that the main ingredient in their solid shampoos is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I sort of thought they might be a bit better than that. And, I found that the shampoo left a greasy residue on my hair. Nice.

But otherwise their other products are YUM, like their bath bombs and soap, so all is good.

My knowledge of SLS is next to nothing, so I can't speak to that, but may I ask which shampoo it was? That's really weird! I've used four different Lush shampoos, and none of them have left me greasy. One was even a little bit too clarifying for my hair!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:01 am 
Huffs Nooch

Jigglypuff wrote:
Peacefully wrote:

My knowledge of SLS is next to nothing, so I can't speak to that, but may I ask which shampoo it was? That's really weird! I've used four different Lush shampoos, and none of them have left me greasy. One was even a little bit too clarifying for my hair!

It was a bar, a white one that's meant to make your hair shiny, I cannot for the life of me remember its name! I thought it might me me rinsing it badly, but it didn't help howvere long I rinsed for. I have rather long hair though. The residue wasn't greasy exactly but it made my hair mat and heavy and almost a little sticky? Just in places.

Ah well. If I ever get some money I'm looking forward to trying their moisturisers!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Peacefully wrote:
Jigglypuff wrote:
Peacefully wrote:

It was a bar, a white one that's meant to make your hair shiny, I cannot for the life of me remember its name! I thought it might me me rinsing it badly, but it didn't help howvere long I rinsed for. I have rather long hair though. The residue wasn't greasy exactly but it made my hair mat and heavy and almost a little sticky? Just in places.

Ah well. If I ever get some money I'm looking forward to trying their moisturisers!

That would be Ultimate Shine. It is very important to only swipe the bar through your hair once or twice cuz it makes lotsssss of lather and you'll get residue if you put too much in your hair. As for the SLS, LUSH uses it because it is one of the oldest, safest lathering agents, though they've been working on an alternative since some people are sensitive to it. They used Sodium Coco Sulfate for awhile but they lost their ethical supplier.

Jigglypuff, just smile a lot and be super outgoing and friendly and you'll get the job! I worked there for a few years and it's pretty great. The discount is wicked and as an employee you'll get free products before launches.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I so miss working at Lush, even after five years! Best job I have ever had. Dakini is spot on with her Lush job getting advice- be ready to talk about a favourite product or two as well, knowing what a couple of ingredients do doesn't hurt either, even simple things like lavender or lemons!

Peacefully, try Seanik (blue) or Jumping Juniper (purple) if you find your hair tends to be oily and want to give the bars another go. You could also try Big, which isn't a solid but is completely awesome. It's kind of expensive but a pot lasts a long time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 am 
Huffs Nooch

hana wrote:

Peacefully, try Seanik (blue) or Jumping Juniper (purple) if you find your hair tends to be oily and want to give the bars another go. You could also try Big, which isn't a solid but is completely awesome. It's kind of expensive but a pot lasts a long time.

Ah thank you! My hair's not all that greasy, but I think that "Ultimate Shine," either wasn't right for my hair or yep, I just used too much. :)
I keep hearing that about lush too, "it's very expensive put it lasts for ages!" I might give that a go. Thanks for the advice! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

appifanie wrote:
Also, I haven't been to a Lush store in like 7 years - everything vegan is marked in the store, right? I don't need to bring a list or anything?

Correct, vegan stuff is marked with a V.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I finally got my hands on a new tub of Coalface (my precioussssss), I also got the Easter egg bubble bar - it smells like Snow Fairy! Sadly, that's all I got because the person I hate more than anyone, happened to be in St. Louis in the same mall, spotted Brian, and would not leave the store or stop talking, so I had to check out and leave or punch her in the face.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 42  Next