| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Facial moisturizer- I've been using Celestial and I don't love it. Is there a different one anyone would recommend?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

blondiefk wrote:
Facial moisturizer- I've been using Celestial and I don't love it. Is there a different one anyone would recommend?

Oh man, I love Celestial! I only use it at night, though. It's what I asked for: An old-lady night cream.

I had been using Vanishing Cream previously but it felt too light. If that's what you are after, try it. I liked it a ton, just wanted something more soothing. I'm outside a lot and either getting too much sun (despite sunscreen) or windburn.

I also use the Full of Grace, it is very calming.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

blondiefk wrote:

sorry i missed this before! what don't you like about it, specifically? smell? consistency? something else?

i'm using celestial right now and i love it, but i've previously used imperialis (a little heavier, and it also has a stronger scent) and enzymion (lighter, good for oily skin, also more spendy). i've also tried a sample of skin drink and it was nice, but too heavy for my needs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

bluedawg wrote:
blondiefk wrote:

sorry i missed this before! what don't you like about it, specifically? smell? consistency? something else?

i'm using celestial right now and i love it, but i've previously used imperialis (a little heavier, and it also has a stronger scent) and enzymion (lighter, good for oily skin, also more spendy). i've also tried a sample of skin drink and it was nice, but too heavy for my needs.

I sort of wanted something heavier but I ended up getting more Celestial anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:35 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i use derma-e moisturizer, my skin is wicked dry though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I wish LUSH had a great, vegan anti-aging moisturizer. Back when I worked there, 2008-2010, I felt like there was an option (Paradise Regained?), but now the two anti-aging moisturizers are both non-vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I am having a hell of a time finding CF hair goop, never mind vegan stuff. Luckily I'm an idiot who forgot all about Lush doing hair stuff?

Has anyone tried the Dirty Hair Cream? It sounds like it's pretty much the exact sort of product I like to use.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i have not tried the dirty hair cream, and i'm about to totally change the subject (whoops), but have you ever tried yarok products? or giovanni? they're vegan and they have some good variety in styling products.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I have Lush hair stuff I like but I'm not home and I don't remember if it is that one . I'll check when I get home tomorrow.

Last edited by blondiefk on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Ohhhh bluedawg, thanks for the recommendation. I am going to keep an eye out for Giovanni 'cause it looks familiar, but I must have confused it with a company that tests. But I like the look of the yarok products too. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:50 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

So, there is a new paraben-free version of Dream Cream (they're labeling it as self-preserving). I got a sample this past week and it's pretty nice! It seems a bit thinner than the regular Dream Cream but I also feel like it sinks into my skin a little better.

Has anyone else tried the Parsley Porridge soap? I've been using it with my Clairsonic as a face cleanser and I've had almost no breakouts and my pores look so much better than they were with my old face wash. I am in love with this stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i have the parsley on my wish list now. currently my <3 on lush product is bubblegum lip scrub.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I tried the sunblock bar. Its weird and not great value for money (£8ish per bar/ you have to use 1/3rd of a bar each time you shower).
When I finished showering I felt like a duck, water just rolled off my skin.

π

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Star wrote:
I tried the sunblock bar. Its weird and not great value for money (£8ish per bar/ you have to use 1/3rd of a bar each time you shower).

I feel like You Snap the Whip body butter is like this. I've used it once and it just was melting so quickly! I guess it's just going to be one of those every once in a while type things, when I want something a little different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 am 
Nailed to the V

Eeeee, the Christmas stuff is out!

https://www.lush.co.uk//products/christmas

There are amazing looking new soaps this year! And a Christmas hedgehog...also rose jam is back (hooray!).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:54 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I wish Snow Fairy was vegan!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Is anyone a Charity Pot fan? This has been my only lotion for years now and they have changed it. I'm so upset by the change. Last week I went in and bought a new tub not realizing it said NEW Charity Pot on the label. And once I got it home I was deeply sad. The new scent is terrible and it's thicker now which isn't all that bad. Except it leaves a weird residue on my hands that won't go away for hours and just feels really icky.

I am going to take it back and ask if I can exchange it for something else but I feel like a jerk about it. I don't want the organization on the Charity Pot I bought to have money taken away from them. But there is no way I can use this entire tub of lotion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:47 am 
Nailed to the V

blondiefk wrote:

It seems so silly that it isn't. The magic wand is, and it's the same fragrance as snow fairy (obviously no good if you don't have a bath though). Also, the snow fairy shimmer bar is vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Rosie wrote:
blondiefk wrote:

It seems so silly that it isn't. The magic wand is, and it's the same fragrance as snow fairy (obviously no good if you don't have a bath though). Also, the snow fairy shimmer bar is vegan.

what?! snow fairy shower jell isn't vegan? I was told the snow fairy gift box was one of the only Vegan boxes they had.. Damnit. I bought two of those last year.

I need to restock on my face cleaning stuff, I've been getting these annoying under skin bumps on my face (urg!!).

Does anyone know if Lush has anything vegan that would help with that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Update on the Charity Pot, they were very nice about letting me exchange. And they created a new product called Formula Known As which is the old Charity Pot formula in a bottle instead of a tub.

Very happy that I can still get the lotion I love, but still sad that part of my Lush spending won't be going to the charities anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

GraciaKai wrote:
Is anyone a Charity Pot fan? This has been my only lotion for years now and they have changed it. I'm so upset by the change. Last week I went in and bought a new tub not realizing it said NEW Charity Pot on the label. And once I got it home I was deeply sad. The new scent is terrible and it's thicker now which isn't all that bad. Except it leaves a weird residue on my hands that won't go away for hours and just feels really icky.

I am going to take it back and ask if I can exchange it for something else but I feel like a jerk about it. I don't want the organization on the Charity Pot I bought to have money taken away from them. But there is no way I can use this entire tub of lotion.

I also despise the new Charity Pot, and loved the old one. It won't do anything about the crappy pot you have now, but the sales person at my store told me they would be bringing back the old Charity Pot to keep in the line as well, and I tweeted them to ask if they planned to bring it back under a different name (in case she was misinformed) and they said "It's not available at the moment, but stay tuned" with a winky emoji, which I thought the winky emoji was pretty promising.

They also discontinued Tuca Tuca perfume which was my favorite fragrance ever, so Lush and I are at odds right now.

ETA: Just saw your 2nd post, is Formula Known As out for sale already?!!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

where are we getting the idea that snow fairy isn't vegan? it has been thus far, at least to my knowledge... i just found several bottles on ebay (from last year's lot) and you can clearly see the V on the bottle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:48 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

bluedawg wrote:
where are we getting the idea that snow fairy isn't vegan? it has been thus far, at least to my knowledge... i just found several bottles on ebay (from last year's lot) and you can clearly see the V on the bottle.

Yes, this! I buy a bottle every year at Christmas and it's always been labelled vegan. I'll be super irritated if they've changed it for some reason but I'm not spotting any non vegan ingredients on that list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jessilikewhoa wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:

I also despise the new Charity Pot, and loved the old one. It won't do anything about the crappy pot you have now, but the sales person at my store told me they would be bringing back the old Charity Pot to keep in the line as well, and I tweeted them to ask if they planned to bring it back under a different name (in case she was misinformed) and they said "It's not available at the moment, but stay tuned" with a winky emoji, which I thought the winky emoji was pretty promising.

They also discontinued Tuca Tuca perfume which was my favorite fragrance ever, so Lush and I are at odds right now.

ETA: Just saw your 2nd post, is Formula Known As out for sale already?!!

Yes! They let me exchange my new pot for a bottle of the Formula known as today in the store. I would think it's rolled out in the stores at this point. The sales person I spoke with said they were pretty sure there would be some people who would want their old charity pot. Thank goodness!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

jojo wrote:
bluedawg wrote:

Yes, this! I buy a bottle every year at Christmas and it's always been labelled vegan. I'll be super irritated if they've changed it for some reason but I'm not spotting any non vegan ingredients on that list.

I still have a bottle of this from last year, and it definitely says "vegan" on the label, so unless they changed the formula, it should definitely still be vegan. I just poked around on the website though and oddly, it says "100% vegetarian" under each and every product, even ones I know for sure are vegan. In fact, I just bought some Olive Branch and Dirty shower gels today, and they're definitely vegan, but they're not marked as such on the website. Confusing!

Does anyone know if they roll out the Christmas products at different times in different places? I was at the store in Brussels this afternoon and I didn't see any.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next