| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:46 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I think I'm going to apply for a job soon!!!!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:33 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Was anybody else disappointed that they didn't do a full halloween line this year?
I was saving up my money so I could splurge on soaps this month, but my local store didn't even receive any of the day of the dead products.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:14 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The new christmas face cleanser is amazing. It smells of marzipan, nom nom nom.

I wish I had a bath so I could buy all the amazing bubble bath stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:34 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

ExpiredSanity wrote:
Was anybody else disappointed that they didn't do a full halloween line this year?
I was saving up my money so I could splurge on soaps this month, but my local store didn't even receive any of the day of the dead products.

Really? That's so weird. All the stores should have received the shower jellies, soap, and bath bombs.
I was hoping for the return of pumpkin soap, but 'twas not meant to be this year, I guess.
Magic bath bomb and Witches Ball bubble bar are totally worth ordering online.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:13 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Ooooh I love Lush.
I just got King of Skin on Friday and am loving it so far. My skin feels so silky after my showers!
I also got a Gingerbread House bubble bar, Candycane bubble bar, a Winter Bath bath bomb, and a Satsumo Santa bath bomb. My bathroom smells so lovely right now just because all this stuff is sitting on the shelf!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

dakini wrote:
Really? That's so weird. All the stores should have received the shower jellies, soap, and bath bombs.

I may have missed them, but I have noticed a few things on the site that I've always wanted to try but am never been able to find in store. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some more Henna and bubble bath so I'll check again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 am 
Not NOT A Furry

ask them to get them in?

I mean im sure there are horrible workers at lush like most retail chains but most ive come across are lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Am looking for advice from anyone who works/ has worked for Lush or helpful types. I have a group interview at Lush tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could let me know what to expect and the best way to approach it. Any ideas would be helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

don't be afraid to demo products! come across and friendly and helpful and you are almost there already.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Here's my video about LUSH (it's currently on the UK site!)
http://www.crueltyfreeface.com/?p=266

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:02 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

ExpiredSanity wrote:
dakini wrote:

I may have missed them, but I have noticed a few things on the site that I've always wanted to try but am never been able to find in store. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some more Henna and bubble bath so I'll check again.

There are products online called "retro" that are only available online because they don't sell well enough to be sold in stores. Instead these products are made in small batches and offered online. It is possible they sold out, we sold out of most of our Day of the Dead products within a week. But definitely ask, LUSH sales associates are usually super friendly and excited to talk to customers!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm 
Tofu Pup

I have to know, is Iced Wine vegan? It doesn't say it is on the UK or US site. The SAs at my store said it was but... well, to be honest they've told me that before and I had to return/regift items because I was a little too trusting and got into a Lush frenzy... That said, I can't see anything on the ingredients list that jumps out at me as being animal-derived.

A couple days ago I tried kissing my boyfriend wearing Maple Taffy and a little Double Choc and he said my lips smelled like buttered popcorn. Sexytimes ruined.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:54 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

brokenbacktango wrote:
A couple days ago I tried kissing my boyfriend wearing Maple Taffy and a little Double Choc and he said my lips smelled like buttered popcorn. Sexytimes ruined.

Ha! My BF says Let Them Eat Cake smells like jelly beans. And not in a tone of voice that says "I like jelly beans".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:53 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

brokenbacktango wrote:
I have to know, is Iced Wine vegan? It doesn't say it is on the UK or US site. The SAs at my store said it was but... well, to be honest they've told me that before and I had to return/regift items because I was a little too trusting and got into a Lush frenzy... That said, I can't see anything on the ingredients list that jumps out at me as being animal-derived.

The Aussie site says it is:
http://lush.com.au/catalog/product_info ... s_id=10362

I hope so, it smells amazing! Nothing in the ingredients list jumps out at me as non-vegan. I'd be totally up for sexy times if my partner smelled like buttered popcorn, yum!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:18 am 
Tofu Pup

I love Lush! I love the None of you beeswax lip balm, and the Olive branch solid perfume. I have to watch my 4 year old daughter though because she loves the lip balm too but can't quite tell the two tins apart. I keep finding her with perfume on her mouth!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:37 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

hana wrote:
don't be afraid to demo products! come across and friendly and helpful and you are almost there already.

Thanks for the advice, I shall put it into practice today

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:55 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Veglicious wrote:
brokenbacktango wrote:

The Aussie site says it is:
http://lush.com.au/catalog/product_info ... s_id=10362

I hope so, it smells amazing! Nothing in the ingredients list jumps out at me as non-vegan. I'd be totally up for sexy times if my partner smelled like buttered popcorn, yum!

It's not, because the wine they use in it isn't vegan (they couldn't find a vegan version).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:03 am 

Oh that's sucky!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 am 
Bends forks with mind powers

I just bought the Lust solid perfume. I really, really wanted the "It Started with a Kiss" lip tint, but it's not vegan!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:05 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I wish Ocean Salt was vegan, I got a couple samples of it and I LOVE the smell and the way it makes my skin feel...then I realized it has lanolin in it. That sucks because it is such a lovely product, I don't get why they need to put wool fat in it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:04 am 

Yeah it does smell amazing, it's a shame. Yeah it started with a kiss is pretty but I quite like the chocolate one, which is vegan! Yay! (Brisbane peeps: we haven't got these yet but they are coming!)
They were going to so some candles but they weren't 100% happy with them, would be cool if they did a line of vegan candles!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:33 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

URRRRGH when I went last week, the lady at the Lush near Union Square in SF told me they're discontinuing Trichomania solid shampoo (NOOOO) and Ultralight moisturizer (NOOOO). Stock up now if you use them. :(

In other news, the day of the dead soap, Lady Catrina, is AWESOME and smells like yum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm just about out of my Karma Komba solid and my Veganese conditioner. Time to place an order, I think!

Does anyone who uses the solid shampoos have any tips for keeping them dry? I have a tin I keep mine in, but inevitably it gets water in the bottom and the shampoo slowly dissolves over time. It makes it damn near impossible to get out of the tin to use, and I know it's wasting my precious shampoo. :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:51 am 
Ninja Master

fresh_paint wrote:
I'm just about out of my Karma Komba solid and my Veganese conditioner. Time to place an order, I think!

Does anyone who uses the solid shampoos have any tips for keeping them dry? I have a tin I keep mine in, but inevitably it gets water in the bottom and the shampoo slowly dissolves over time. It makes it damn near impossible to get out of the tin to use, and I know it's wasting my precious shampoo. :(

I keep it on a cheapo metal soap dish, one with bars so that the liquid drains off, stops it turning to mush. I used to get really annoyed with being unable to get it out of the tin as well.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:55 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

baps wrote:
fresh_paint wrote:

I keep it on a cheapo metal soap dish, one with bars so that the liquid drains off, stops it turning to mush. I used to get really annoyed with being unable to get it out of the tin as well.

I can't believe I didn't think of this! Derp.

I guess I always assumed a soap dish would collect more water, but I guess if I kept it at the far end of the shower, away from the stream, it probably wouldn't. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next