| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:59 am 
Ninja Master

just make sure you get one that drains water off or is just metal bars (i'm sure there's a better description but it's not springing to mind).

This sort of thing anyway... that doesn't collect water.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Yeah my Jumping Juniper is quite comfortable in it's tin, doesn't really want to come out of there! Shame Trichomania is being disconned, it smells so tropical coconutty! I hope they don't discontinue Jungle cos I just started using it. I've never seen Ultralight, is that the SPF one?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:50 am 
Bends forks with mind powers

baps wrote:
just make sure you get one that drains water off or is just metal bars (i'm sure there's a better description but it's not springing to mind).

This sort of thing anyway... that doesn't collect water.

Brilliant. And yeah, I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

I'm really liking my Lust solid perfume!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:00 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Glögg shower gel <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

With my shampoo bar i use one side of it, keep the paper it comes in and then put it dry side down on that paper. I stopped using their tins ages ago as i had the same thing happen!

I keep looking at the lush times i have and i want a million things, sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:54 pm 
Tofu Pup

Veglicious wrote:
Yeah my Jumping Juniper is quite comfortable in it's tin, doesn't really want to come out of there! Shame Trichomania is being disconned, it smells so tropical coconutty! I hope they don't discontinue Jungle cos I just started using it. I've never seen Ultralight, is that the SPF one?

Ultralight does have some SPF in it apparently, but a small amount (10 or 15, I think). Also shout out for Jumping Juniper! I didn't know I could love a shampoo so much. It's done wonders for my oily hair.

Shame about Iced Wine :( Wouldn't that mean it isn't even vegetarian, then? Or is it something other than isinglass that makes it not vegan?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm 

Iced Wine is vegetarian, just not vegan - I'm guessing they found ice wine clarified with dairy or egg rather than isinglass. (I think it's Australian wines that have to include things things on the label as allergens - lots of actually wines do seem to use dairy or egg white or something rather than isinglass.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

paprikapapaya wrote:
Ooooh I love Lush.
I just got King of Skin on Friday and am loving it so far. My skin feels so silky after my showers!
I also got a Gingerbread House bubble bar, Candycane bubble bar, a Winter Bath bath bomb, and a Satsumo Santa bath bomb. My bathroom smells so lovely right now just because all this stuff is sitting on the shelf!

Is that vegan in North America? Ours isn't, I suspect because of the sprinkles, which is just ridiculous - I can understand if it's a major component, but it's just decorative. Wouldn't you want to maximise the number of people buying your stuff by making it vegan? And they managed to find a vegan candy piece for the Li'l Lush Pud this year. I'm not a ballistic fan, so I'm annoyed that their only properly spicy-scented bubble bar isn't vegan. Grrr.

I just checked, and Godiva is vegan in the UK as well! Yay! I always wanted to try it.

Oh, just remembered the reason I came to this thread. Does anyone know if Bob Soap (Xmas Retro) is vegan? It used to be, and I don't see any non-vegan ingredients, but it's not labeled vegan on the site.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:32 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

rachell37 wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
Ooooh I love Lush.
I just got King of Skin on Friday and am loving it so far. My skin feels so silky after my showers!
I also got a Gingerbread House bubble bar, Candycane bubble bar, a Winter Bath bath bomb, and a Satsumo Santa bath bomb. My bathroom smells so lovely right now just because all this stuff is sitting on the shelf!

Is that vegan in North America? Ours isn't, I suspect because of the sprinkles, which is just ridiculous - I can understand if it's a major component, but it's just decorative. Wouldn't you want to maximise the number of people buying your stuff by making it vegan? And they managed to find a vegan candy piece for the Li'l Lush Pud this year. I'm not a ballistic fan, so I'm annoyed that their only properly spicy-scented bubble bar isn't vegan. Grrr.

I just checked, and Godiva is vegan in the UK as well! Yay! I always wanted to try it.

Oh, just remembered the reason I came to this thread. Does anyone know if Bob Soap (Xmas Retro) is vegan? It used to be, and I don't see any non-vegan ingredients, but it's not labeled vegan on the site.

The Gingerbread House bar is labeled vegan on the US site, but the sprinkles ingredients aren't listed. It just says "sugar sprinkles." Might be worth writing the company to ask.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am 

Yeah it says vegan in our store for Gingerbread too. They've amended the Aussie site so Iced Wine isn't marked vegan anymore.
Re Godiva: in our store we had a sign that still says it has Lanolin in it but it's no longer an ingredient.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:46 am 
Not NOT A Furry

are the perfumes out where you live yet? I'm intrigued to smell them but they arent here for another month or so.

the latest lush times i have has a sheet stapled to it where they messed up how things were and werent labeled vegan so be careful!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:53 am 

guy burgess wrote:
are the perfumes out where you live yet? I'm intrigued to smell them but they arent here for another month or so.

I can mail you sample sizes of The Smell of Freedom, Tuca Tuca and Imogen Rose if you like. Karma and Vanillary also if you haven't already tried them - though Vanillary, Tuca Tuca and Imogen Rose are pretty ultra feminine. If you have smelled Vanillary, Tuca Tuca shares that same sweet jasmine, but it's still more interesting to me, kinda violet banana butter. IR starts as a pretty fresh rose then goes to pure powder. TSOF just disappeared on me, I don't even remember noticing it other than thinking it was kind of vaguely ginger beerish.

(the sample bottles are a bit crepe though - they leaked on their way from UK to me, so arrived in varying states of fullness.)

I really liked Lust (jasmine crack, like Flying Fox) and Orange Blossom (sparkly super neroli). I am mostly looking forward to Breath of God though, I've been meaning to get a sample forever, then moreso since reading the Luca Turin review.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:48 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Thank you so much for the offer. I would love to take you up on that, even if they might be too feminine for me! The one i want to smell the most is Breath of God too. So it has had good reviews? That's exciting!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 am 

Guy, we wont get them instore til next month. They did make a few mistakes in the Lush Times unfortunately, so if you get the Xmas brochure make sure it has the little list of corrections.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:10 am 

guy burgess wrote:
Thank you so much for the offer. I would love to take you up on that, even if they might be too feminine for me! The one i want to smell the most is Breath of God too. So it has had good reviews? That's exciting!

Yeah, this is the one I mean (actually by Tina Sanchez):

and cool, pm or email me an address!

I will be moderately shocked if the new perfumes do actually make it to Aus/NZ stores by next month.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

o.O How did I miss that the solid perfumes are sticks now?! Want! (Especially Karma.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Melanie - That review of breath of God!!! I am so excited to smell it now. I'll pm you soon, thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:10 pm 
Saggy Butt

tinglepants! wrote:
I also really like the aromeco deodorant, as I'm not too proud to smell like patchouli.

same here! i LOVE it. after years of trying all kinds of natural deodorants, it's heaven!! just discovered it 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

My face is being such a jerk about this cold weather. I need to go visit my old shop for a fresh face mask.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:39 pm 

I put in an order yesterday for my Karma Komba, Karma soap, and Karma solid perfume. (Guess what my favorite scent is! :P) They should be here tomorrow. <happy dance>

I decided to try the Jungle conditioner this time, instead of Veganese, because I thought it would be cheaper in the long run. Has anyone used it before? Pros/cons?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 am 

fresh_paint wrote:
I put in an order yesterday for my Karma Komba, Karma soap, and Karma solid perfume. (Guess what my favorite scent is! :P) They should be here tomorrow. <happy dance>

I decided to try the Jungle conditioner this time, instead of Veganese, because I thought it would be cheaper in the long run. Has anyone used it before? Pros/cons?

I have jungle at the moment. I usually run it through my hair and try to cover all surfaces but the other day I actually took off a pea size that was a bit squishy and made a cream with water in my hand then put that through my hair. I quite like it so far but I've only used it 2-3 times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:24 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I like the idea of Jungle, I like the smell of Jungle, but it just wasn't right for my hair type.
Veganese 4 Lyfe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:59 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Jungle is a pain in the asparagus if you have long hair.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:12 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

dakini wrote:
Veganese 4 Lyfe.

Veganese is way too light for me to use as my in-shower conditioner, but it works nicely as a leave-in. Nice smell too!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Jungle is a pain in the asparagus if you have long hair.

Mine's getting long-ish... Hmm.

It's supposed to be delivered today, so we shall see! If I hate it, I can always go back to Veganese.

Godiva also caught my eye, but I've had bad luck with 2-in-1 stuff. Anyone tried it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next