| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Their jars are reeeeeally tiny, though. Everyday Minerals uses a wide, flat jar and the one I buy is smaller and taller, but it's still the size of my powder brush. From the looks of it, the packaging choice is a problem all around. But I assume after there are enough sales to figure out what's popular and what's not, they'll scale back the line and change things around.

true- and yeah the packaging in general looks really problematic. The lipstick does look nice, but I don't really wear bright colors so I'd have to see the lighter pink color in person.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I have the mascara and two eyeshadows and I'm super happy with both of them. The mascara was tricky putting on the first time, but now I gots it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm so baffled by the bright orange lipstick. Would it look good on anyone??

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

They are actually really blendable, but I haven't tried it with the lipsticks. I got the bright yellow eye color and it's not too intense once I blend it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:08 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Bright orange/coral lipstick is really popular in the summer.

P.S. Pics!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Per MBM's request:

I'm wearing the Lush mascara and Lifted cream eyeshadow. And I apologize for the ginormous.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:43 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I was so excited for this line to happen, but now I feel very meh. The reviews I've read haven't been great, multiple reviews say the lipstick slides all over and doesn't stay put, and that the mascara is great for a natural look, but I want DRAMA lashes. I don't wear cream shadow (it creases on my greasy eyelids too easily) so mostly I'm excited for the highlighter skin tint, and the liquid eyeliners. I just feel like for the price point they could have done better with the products.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:26 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I was so excited for this line to happen, but now I feel very meh. The reviews I've read haven't been great, multiple reviews say the lipstick slides all over and doesn't stay put, and that the mascara is great for a natural look, but I want DRAMA lashes. I don't wear cream shadow (it creases on my greasy eyelids too easily) so mostly I'm excited for the highlighter skin tint, and the liquid eyeliners. I just feel like for the price point they could have done better with the products.

agreed. I was thinking of trying the eyeliner but that one review I linked to above says that it transfers pretty bad, and I have oily eyelids too so that probably wouldn't work for me.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i should probably avoid the cream eyeshadow as well (greasy eyelids), but i'm going to LUSH today and i'm worried i'll overbuy out of doofy excitement. i think i'll plan to get one lipstick if i like the color in person (perspective)... there are so many brights and i never wear bright lipstick (and i also prefer browns to pinks or reds, and they have really no browns), so we'll see. and then maybe the mascara, even though i think the packaging is insane.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

On Lauren's eye it looks like it might dry matte? In general, if you have oily eyelids you should prime them or use a little powder first to help with creasing. My eyelids are the only part of my face that is oily, that's why I generally don't wear eyeliner, it will transfer to my browbone in seconds.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:11 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I haven't bought anything at Lush yet, but since they opened a store near me recently, I might go and buy something. I'm thinking of buying the mascara and the henna hair dye.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You guys are making me wonder if my eyelids are oily or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

vijita wrote:
How's the waterless shampoo powder? I have too many mornings where I don't have time/need to shower but would like to freshen up my hair. Or days in the summer where I'm sweaty but don't want to over-shampoo my (dry) hair.

I use it, and it's OK, but I still have to wash my hair every other day. Keep in mind I have *very* fine oily hair, but it might work better for someone with slightly thicker hair.

I'm a little disappointed in this cosmetics launch as well from the reviews... The colors are really fun and I'm all about that but I feel like ELF cosmetics are probably just as good in quality but far less expensive. I'll probably check 'em out in store but I'm wary of buying any. I need long wearing products.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The best thing about the Emotional Brilliance launch is that I'm more motivated to order some OCC Lip Tars now, because I'm craving bright lips.

Quarantined wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:

agreed. I was thinking of trying the eyeliner but that one review I linked to above says that it transfers pretty bad, and I have oily eyelids too so that probably wouldn't work for me.

When I wear eyeliner I always wear it over a neutral powder eyeshadow that matches my skin on top of a primer (the $1 elf primer is my go to) so I don't think transfer will be a problem. I did read that the metallic gold and metallic silver liners have a different formula from the others, and dry fast and stay put better, the other liners are the same formula as the cream shadows per a blog I read.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:49 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Yeah, mine dries matte. I've honestly been pretty stoked with everything I've tried, including lip color. I slept in my eyeshadow last night and it still looks good. I also tried, but didn't buy the lip color (only because I have a billion glosses) and it lasted forever on my mouth. My friend and I were actually talking about how we wanted to throw away all of our other make-up and just use Lush.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i always wear primer, but cream eyeshadow just seems more dicey than powder when it comes to creasing. it could all be my imagination... and we're about to find out, because i bought some. heh.

i bought one of the liquid eyeliners with the exact same formula as the cream eyeshadows because i liked the color (quietly motivated) better than the one i originally thought i'd be buying (sophisticated). they didn't even tell me at first that it was an eyeliner, but then when she grabbed it for me i was all, "it has a doe foot applicator, right?" and she said, "oh, it has a brush but you can use whatever you want to put it on," and gave me some random doe foot applicators on sticks. by then it felt too late for me to say, "nevermind," so i guess i'll just be applying with my fingers or some crepe.

i also bought the mascara, and i narrowly avoided buying the 'feeling younger' highlighter stuff.

i tried on two of the liquid lipsticks (perspective and confident) and decided neither of them were really up my alley. perspective looked way more pink on me than it was in pictures i'd seen, and confident was pretty bright even when i blended it down to mute it a bit. i really wish they had some nudes/browns, but oh well, saved some money there. ;)

while i was there, i also got samples of big and veganese... i'm looking forward to trying both of those.

and then for no reason whatsoever, i decided to buy a solid perfume in karma.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:53 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I LOVE Big. It is amazing. And lasts forever, because it lathers.

I thought I already posted this here, but I bought Wise yesterday. I love the colour. It came with the shadow brush. They were out of mascara, which is what I went in for, so naturally I felt the need to buy something anyway. I also wish they had some more neutral colours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:44 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Jigglypuff wrote:
I'm so baffled by the bright orange lipstick. Would it look good on anyone??

It was the first one I bought! It blends out beautifully. It's a good middle option too if you want something a little closer to a cool nude but you're pale enough that real nudes make you look dead - the shimmer cools the orange down so it's a bit fresher. I do wear orange eyeshadow at least three times a week though, so I might not be the best example!

Generally I'm loving the range. I was a huge Be Never Too Busy Too Be Beautiful fan and I was gutted when it folded, but you can really tell that they've spent 5 years working on the formulas for these. The cream eyeshadows are closer to the B Never colours - they dry on the skin and have lasted even through the horrible humid sweaty weather we've had lately. The biggest success for me has been the Emotional Brilliance powder. No more shiny shiny face for me!

We've had so many gleefully happy vegans coming in to explore the range already.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I bought some stuff because I had some birthday money blowing a hole in my pocket, but I think I rushed into it and didn't choose wisely. I got kind of confused about which colours come with which applicators, and one which I thought would have a big applicator had an eyeliner like one.

I'm really confused by saying it can be a lipstick because it definitely doesn't look and feel like one, but that's possibly the colour I bought. I think that maybe with this range you really need to be very good with make up, know how to blend properly etc and I'm not and I don't. But the colours and packaging are beautiful and hopefull I'll get better with them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

You guys, I'm sad to say, but I think I have solved my pimple problem by abandoning everything Lush altogether. I switched back to just using my one Dermalogica cleanser and I mosturise with pure jojoba oil, and within a week, my skin has undergone a transformation that I keep on being amazed by. ALL my clogged pores and subdermal infections are gone. And not just subdued, GONE entirely. I have been suffering from these infected pores for so long, I can't even recall feeling my chin and it being just smooth, normal skin instead of it being full of angry red bumps.

<3 jojoba oil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:18 am 
WRETCHED

Jojoba is a fungicide, I don't know if it has other properties that make it good for killing bacteria but possibly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:33 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Wise survived a sweaty day at work, without primer. I'm not sure if my eyelids are particularly sweaty, but the shadow did dry really well within minutes of me applying it. I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 am 
Naked Under Apron

wheee I just got a Lush gift cert for my bday! I actually have lotsa bath stuff left from xmas because I have a tiny bathtub + toddler who doesn't let me take long baths, but I need some shampoo. I recently used some veg hair dye to touch up my fake black hair and cover the massive amount of gray, and the dye made my hair feel really gross so I need something to help with that! what shampoo would you guys recommend for dyed hair? it's very long but sorta thin, if that matters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Rehab would be great!

There's a new vegan conditioner coming! And solid Big conditioner (not sure if that's going to be vegan yet). All the new hair stuff looks pretty amazing. I need to go to lush today for face soap and body lotion but I know I'm probably not going to be able to resist the make up even though I'm disappointed with what I've read.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm on day 3 of using the mascara and i like it a lot, aside from the very goofy teensy tiny wand. it's a little hard to manipulate, and i feel like i bump my skin far more than i do with a regular mascara, so that requires cleanup.

but as for the mascara itself, it is long-wearing and pretty on par with the look i am generally going for. ;) my usual mascara is aveda mosscara, and this has a pretty similar look in the end. i'd definitely say more 'natural' than fancy drama.

i wish it also came in brown, but i'll wear black for awhile and see how i like it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 44  Next