| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

fresh_paint wrote:
I decided to try the Jungle conditioner this time, instead of Veganese, because I thought it would be cheaper in the long run. Has anyone used it before? Pros/cons?

I've been using Jungle for about a year (I have longish hair, past my shoulders) and it's lurrrrrrrvely and I constantly get people asking me what the heavenly smell is. I would definitely recommend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm 
Tofu Pup

Im just about to have a lovely lush bath now!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Okay, I may have peeked and found out the husband bought me a present. But he ignored my gift list and I think he bought me a gift set that isn't showing as vegan - I will research it later but does anyone know off the top of their head why http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/gi ... o-gorgeous isn't vegan?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:42 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

appifanie wrote:
Okay, I may have peeked and found out the husband bought me a present. But he ignored my gift list and I think he bought me a gift set that isn't showing as vegan - I will research it later but does anyone know off the top of their head why http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/gi ... o-gorgeous isn't vegan?

The Gorgeous moisturizer has honey in it, and the Helping Hands hand lotion has either beeswax or lanolin- my memory is failing me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Anyone use Grease Lightning with success? I've been getting random pimples and want them to go away, like, yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:58 pm 

dakini wrote:
appifanie wrote:

The Gorgeous moisturizer has honey in it, and the Helping Hands hand lotion has either beeswax or lanolin- my memory is failing me.

Thanks! I guess I'll see if I can bring it to my local store and exchange.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:05 pm 

appifanie wrote:
dakini wrote:
appifanie wrote:

Thanks! I guess I'll see if I can bring it to my local store and exchange.

Technically, you can't exchange something you bought online, so just don't mention that it was an online order and don't bring a receipt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:06 pm 

paprikapapaya wrote:
Anyone use Grease Lightning with success? I've been getting random pimples and want them to go away, like, yesterday.

Yep, it's a lifesaver. Really great value too, the bottle lasts forever. If you see a pimple coming and put it on, it stops it, and if you already have a pimple, it makes it go away much quicker. It's one of the few LUSH products I still buy even though I don't work there anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:39 pm 

dakini wrote:
Technically, you can't exchange something you bought online, so just don't mention that it was an online order and don't bring a receipt.

cool, thanks! should i leave it wrapped or unwrap it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:38 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Just ordered Lovely Jubblies!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:01 am 
Ninja Master

Their comforter bubble bar smells of skittles. It's so good!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:08 am 

skittles bath!! nice.

i did get a sex bomb w/ my package. i think the description is funny - about feeling all sexy and wanting to go for it or whatever - i take a hot bath and i am ready to SLEEP. :D

now to decide what to do about my unvegan pack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:25 am 

appifanie wrote:
dakini wrote:

They'll still take it if it's unwrapped but the process is a bit quicker if you leave it wrapped. Also, the gift sets are more expensive than the sum of the items inside so you may want to just pick out items instead of another set.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:50 am 

dakini wrote:
appifanie wrote:
dakini wrote:

They'll still take it if it's unwrapped but the process is a bit quicker if you leave it wrapped. Also, the gift sets are more expensive than the sum of the items inside so you may want to just pick out items instead of another set.

AWESOME! That's easier for me and I prefer individual stuff! My wishlist actually shows individual stuff, I guess he just figured a gift set looked prettier and was easier. Thanks :) I may go Thursday - it's an hour or so away, ho hum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

You've got me wanting to go now too. I love the sound of some of their skin and hair products.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 am 
Human Gravy

So here's my new list of things I love from Lush:

Comforter Bubble Bar (smells so delicious that my cat ate the bubbles and then had hiccups, which was pretty cute)
New! Shampoo bar (smells like cinnamon, tingles the noggen, I think it is helping my hair grow a bit faster, definitely makes my hair soft, don't get in your eyes, burns like a mofo)
Soak and Float Shampoo bar (I bought this for my boyfriend- it worked on his dandruff and barely smells like the bar after he conditions his hair. I used it once and it left my hair really soft)
Veganese Conditioner (I didn't think I liked that it smells like a hippy, but I decided I do)
Fresh Farmacy (the only face was that continues to work for me! Most suck after a couple months)
Grease Lightening (helps with the oil and breakouts, but doesn't dry out my skin)
Tea Tree Toner (so refreshing!)
None of Your Beeswax (the grittiness doesn't bother me. It's thick, it does the job on my super dry lips, and tastes like lemon cookies)

I also got a sample of Vanilla Puff dusting powder, which smells a little old lady-ish in the container, but I put some in my pits after I put on my Tom's deodorant and it seems to help keep me a bit dryer and a bit less odorous. Doesn't really smell strong once in the pits.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:59 am 

Allison, I use Vanilla Puff as a dry shampoo, and it is way awesome. It's also great for the purpose you described, too. And I used New in the shower today : )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Allison, not Alison wrote:
So here's my new list of things I love from Lush:

None of Your Beeswax (the grittiness doesn't bother me. It's thick, it does the job on my super dry lips, and tastes like lemon cookies)

I love that lip balm too, I'd be lost without.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:52 pm 

okay, planning a trip this week - excited!

am i the only cheap-o who wants to whack a bath bomb in half so as not to use a whole one in one bath?

i will look at the sympathy for the skin (i too have kp) and the none of your beeswax, especially for Livi who has really dry lips that always peel no matter what i put on them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:03 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

appifanie wrote:

am i the only cheap-o who wants to whack a bath bomb in half so as not to use a whole one in one bath?

I had the ladies at the store do that for me, actually. And half a bomb is more than enough in a bath.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with LUSH? I'll crave some of their stuff, use it for awhile, then get sick of it...like I was in love with Angels on Bare Skin for awhile, then didn't like it, same for Coalface, and I really wanted to love their Celestial moisturizer but after awhile it did nothing but make my face greasy. Now you all are making me miss their products again...but I know it's a neverending cycle for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

appifanie wrote:
i did get a sex bomb w/ my package. i think the description is funny - about feeling all sexy and wanting to go for it or whatever - i take a hot bath and i am ready to SLEEP. :D

Ha, Boyfriend bought one of these so we could have a fancy spa together to end our date night a few weeks ago. I fell asleep in there. I'm not good at sexy dates.

I bought the Enzymion moisturiser a little while ago, it seems okay so far. It's pretty heavy, but doesn't feel greasy. I'd hoped it would help my combination skin a bit more than it has, though. Not sure if I'll buy it again, I guess it depends on whether this tub lasts me long enough to make it decent value for money.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 pm 

Erinnerung wrote:
appifanie wrote:

Ha, Boyfriend bought one of these so we could have a fancy spa together to end our date night a few weeks ago. I fell asleep in there. I'm not good at sexy dates.

See? I knew it! :D I would too.

Also, I haven't been to a Lush store in like 7 years - everything vegan is marked in the store, right? I don't need to bring a list or anything?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Erinnerung wrote:

I bought the Enzymion moisturiser a little while ago, it seems okay so far. It's pretty heavy, but doesn't feel greasy. I'd hoped it would help my combination skin a bit more than it has, though. Not sure if I'll buy it again, I guess it depends on whether this tub lasts me long enough to make it decent value for money.

I've been using Enzymion (in winter -- need something with SPF in summer) for years now, and it's done me a world of good. It's helped me balance out my skin tone a bit and always makes my face feel amazing. The great part is that you reeeally really don't need much to moisturize your face, so I've made mine last at LEAST a good 4ish months before replacing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

ScooterDiva wrote:
appifanie wrote:

I had the ladies at the store do that for me, actually. And half a bomb is more than enough in a bath.

I like bubble bars more, but they at least get broken in half, if not 1/3rds and 1/4ths!

Here's a video on how to cut and store Lush products.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next