| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I want to try the new Gorilla perfumes so bad! Furze in particular sounds really good. I've always found their perfumes a bit stinky, though, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Jigglypuff wrote:
I want to try the new Gorilla perfumes so bad! Furze in particular sounds really good. I've always found their perfumes a bit stinky, though, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

i want them, too, especially furze! i have an old sample pack of the regular perfumes that i use all the time. i wish they still sold those.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:11 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i got a FUN soap as a gift the other day (green) and i was confused because they're not marked as vegan on the website, but the one i have says "vegan" all over the place so i guess it's safe. maybe i won't get my hopes up, though. ha!

in other news: does LUSH take back *all* containers, or just the black pots with the message on it (i.e., "bring this back blah blah")? i'm starting to pile up with black pots and glass jars and lippie containers but i don't want to cart them there if they'll just throw them away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm 
WELFARIST!

They take back the black pots in exchange for the face masks. The rest you can just throw in the recycle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Hardcastle McCormick wrote:
i have an old sample pack of the regular perfumes that i use all the time. i wish they still sold those.

WHAT?! they don't sell them anymore? I have one i am working my way through too. i hope they bring back the multi-pack thing, it was much better than my usual random-BPAL-imp-off-ebay purchase when i have no idea what perfume to buy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I know! I had a look at the Austrian website last night - no more Breath of God solid perfume!!
So I immediately went to the UK site, where it's still listed, and ordered an emergency stick that will hopefully last me a year or so.
Don't know what I'll do after that, though. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 am 
WELFARIST!

If you see something on the website that you know is vegan but isn't marked so online just email them and they'll fix it really quickly. That's always worked for me.

Every time I've tried Angels on Bare Skin its left an oily residue on my face that just sits there and never absorbed. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:34 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Phoenix wrote:
I know! I had a look at the Austrian website last night - no more Breath of God solid perfume!!
So I immediately went to the UK site, where it's still listed, and ordered an emergency stick that will hopefully last me a year or so.
Don't know what I'll do after that, though. :(

It might be worth dropping customer care in Austria a line. Breath of God is still part of the core range in stores and online. I believe you'll be able to buy the miniatures (imps) online but I'm not certain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mr. Shankly wrote:
They take back the black pots in exchange for the face masks. The rest you can just throw in the recycle.

thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

bluedawg wrote:
i got a FUN soap as a gift the other day (green) and i was confused because they're not marked as vegan on the website, but the one i have says "vegan" all over the place so i guess it's safe. maybe i won't get my hopes up, though. ha!

I just got an email back from Lush... the FUN soaps are indeed vegan! (I've never seen the actual packaging in real life, since there is no Lush within about 250 miles.)
Quote:
Hi zensquiggle!

Thank you for writing to us. I'm very sorry for the confusion there on our website- it seems this was just an error as all the FUN colours are 100% vegan. Our Web Marketing team is just in the midst of correcting this on the website, and soon they should show the small V logo as well.

Thanks so much for contacting us, and if you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. Have a good one!

Kind regards,

Megan
Customer Care Representative

LUSH FRESH HANDMADE COSMETICS
110-8365 Ontario St
Vancouver, BC V5X 3E8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm 
WELFARIST!

So I tried out Angels on Bare Skin on MBM's recommendation and it's actually amazing for my skin right now. My acne seems to be going away and my skin is evening out (no more dry/oily spots).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

hooray!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I love Rub Rub Rub so much. And I would never have thought so (because of the salt), but it works as a shampoo as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:05 am 
Not NOT A Furry

In a few weeks I'm going to try out Lush's red henna. I'm tired of having yellow hair. I'm excited for red! I'm going to try the Caca Rouge, and if it's too orange for me I'll switch to the Caca Marron.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:01 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I use Caca Rouge on my dirty blonde hair and it is a nice bright auburn. I am excited for you, sisterlegume!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:23 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I tried a bar soap, the yellow one (jasmine, forgot the name) so that I could travel with it. Not a liquid = yay.

I was kind of scared, but I LOVE it. It smells good, I don't need conditioner, and it is gentle enough I can use it daily. I usually shampoo every other day or more, but when I travel and have to be in front of customers or even on camera, I have to look 100% every day.

The only thing I don't love is trying to get the tin open with wet hands in the shower. I literally threw it on the ground in frustration and it opened, thank Jebus.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

Godiva is one of my favorites! I wish they would create screwtop lids, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:20 pm 
WRETCHED

My husband is in love with Greeench. He stole mine after a trip and I never saw it again until he told me he was out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The big conditioner is growing on me. I found I had to actually break off a chunk of it then rub it all into my hair. The smell is great. don't know if I will keep with it though because it is pricey especially considering Lush is a 2 hour drive each way for me and postage to here is steep too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

vijita wrote:
I use Caca Rouge on my dirty blonde hair and it is a nice bright auburn. I am excited for you, sisterlegume!

That sounds pretty! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It is one week and 2 days before I get to go to lush. I seriously can't contain myself. I need some Big shampoo badly. I ran out ages ago. Also want to give Angels on Bare skin a try. My skin has been all over the place for the past year so I want to spoil it for a bit.

Debating on buying some henna too. I've been using the henna noir but haven't put it on since early November. I think it is pretty much all out of my hair at this stage but most of my hair is still quite dark so I don't know if the other shades will take.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I really love the Angels on Bare Skin.

The price shocked me a bit, but a little really does go a long way. I get about $8/tub and it lasts me a couple of weeks, using it once a day (maybe a little less)

I have mixed oily/dry skin, and this along with one of the moisturizers (Imperialis), my skin is looking fab.

Really, I am so glad I started using Lush.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:03 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I'm liking Angels on Bare Skin at the moment too. I tried it years ago and don't remember it working that great but I got a sample with about a weeks worth and it seemed to work pretty well so just a container of it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:30 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

daisychain wrote:
The big conditioner is growing on me. I found I had to actually break off a chunk of it then rub it all into my hair. The smell is great. don't know if I will keep with it though because it is pricey especially considering Lush is a 2 hour drive each way for me and postage to here is steep too.

i got a sample of big conditioner the other day, and it was cut up into little cubes in the store, so that's how i had to use it. it does smell amazing, but for me it's about as effective as no conditioner at all. my hair needs a lot of help right now, though, because i dyed it last month after years of leaving it to its own devices, and i'm not sure any of the lush conditioners would be heavy enough for me. lately i've been using a basic conditioner in the shower and following up with a leave-in on the bottom four or five inches.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hear ya, the last few inches of my hair was a nightmare and needed a bit of an intense conditioner but the rest was fine with the Big. I hacked off all the hair a few days ago and washed it for the first time myself this morning and it was actually perfect for it. A good bit of my head is cut very close to the scalp and I don't need any conditioner applied to hair within an inch of my scalp so that only leaves about 2-3 inches of hair that needs conditioner. The bit of hair that has any length in it is in really good condition so I reckon I will get away with the Big. Think I will get some more when I go to Lush next.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next