| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Vaute 2011
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:31 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I am loving the latest pictures that have been posted. So cute, ladies! I think this threat needs more! Maybe I'll take some soon. I love love love the Belden I got last year. It is so warm and beautifully fitted and fancy. I just wish I had more opportunities to wear such a dressy coat.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 am 
Tofu Pup

la vie sale wrote:
I think it's an awesome company but maybe they got really overwhelmed this year I think and got more orders than they could manage?

That's what happened. I got an email from Leanne and she was apologizing for the delay in shipping. She told that they got far more orders they were prepared for. They were also making changes to the shipping process; she was planning to ship all the orders herself but couldn't manage that and the shipping had to be handed over to the ship center.

They had also made an error in coding the coats. I had ordered a Hepburn in black luxe and because of the coding error it was accidentally made in bittersweet velvet. I told Leanne that I'm fine with it and it might be a good idea to have a coat in some other color than black for a change. In the end I got a nice surprise when opening the package: there was a Hepburn in black velvet which I was thinking about first before deciding on black luxe. I'm actually starting to think that it's an Audrey after all, as it seems to be a bit longer.

I took my Hepburn/Audrey to the tailor's for some alterations and it will be ready on Thursday. I will let you know how it turned out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:27 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

hurray hurray! My Hepburn replacement came. I actually like bittersweet better than the black so that worked out, and the small is definitely a better fit (their size chart for the Hepburn is totally off though and they should mention it runs large). Still a bit big in the torso, but if I ever need to wear a double sweater under it (doubtful cause it's SO warm) I'll be able to I guess. It's irritating that it took until the middle of December to finally get a coat I can wear, but hopefully now that they have a storefront they'll be able to get a better handle on things. The coat itself is wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I ended up getting the Navy Lux Emily in a medium, and I can wear a thick sweater under it, but it is fitted--not uncomfortably, but there's not much room to grow. I'm 5'6", and according to the charts, I fell within the measurements of a small, but when I tried on a small at DC VegFest, it felt snug over the chest, so I switched to a medium. I am grateful that the hood fits over my bun, though. I had trouble with the sample I tried, so I was a little worried, but my actual coat fits perfectly. Maybe she readjusted for people with big hair--ha. It is really lovely and warm. I ended up getting it in mid-November.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

designedtobekind wrote:
I ended up getting the Navy Lux Emily in a medium, and I can wear a thick sweater under it, but it is fitted--not uncomfortably, but there's not much room to grow. I'm 5'6", and according to the charts, I fell within the measurements of a small, but when I tried on a small at DC VegFest, it felt snug over the chest, so I switched to a medium. I am grateful that the hood fits over my bun, though. I had trouble with the sample I tried, so I was a little worried, but my actual coat fits perfectly. Maybe she readjusted for people with big hair--ha. It is really lovely and warm. I ended up getting it in mid-November.

Yeah, I got the Vaute in medium the from the first year and can easily wear a thick cardigan under it. This years medium is much snugger. And I can only wear a thin sweater.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I received the Alicia in navy a couple of months ago and just recently the Audrey in bittersweet. Both are beautiful and beautifully made. I am particularly blown away by how pretty the Audrey is. The bittersweet velvet is the most gorgeous fabric!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:00 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Went to the new store today and met Leanne in person. She is super nice and full of energy for what she does. New fall type coats are going to be coming out this spring. It will be very hard to not get one that is for sure!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Oh hey, that Vaute Couture coat I bought? Lost it. I hate myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5