| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vaute 2011
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:37 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Finally got my shipping notification! Almost 6 weeks later than originally announced - hope it makes up for it in awesome warmth!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:03 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Still waiting on mine...I really hope it gets here before I go to DC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:30 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Still waiting for mine too. And it's actually getting chilly out!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:55 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I've had mine. Will have to try to take some pics of it this weekend. The boy's shipped on Friday. Hopefully it arrives before we leave for Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:43 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

Got mine yesterday, and right on time! It's been freezing here and I'm going to the east coast next week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Still don't have mine. They're lucky this has been the warmest fall in a while or I would be very cranky by now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am 
Double double, toil and trouble

I'm seriously cranky. Waited an extra month after it was supposed to ship, got a shipping notification weeks ago, inquired a few days ago because the shipping status had not changes, and my coat is lost in the mail, and they've sold out of the only style I liked. Not happy with Vaute or the postal service.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:24 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Coat stuck in customs. I have to go to the cargo international airport to clear it. What the forking hell. This has never happened in a lifetime of buying internationally over the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:26 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thing is, I work in import/export and I KNOW if Vaute had gone with a DDU service (UPS, DHL, whatever) they could have shipped internationally for cheaper, faster and with all custom and insurance charges already included. This is bullshiitake.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 am 
Double double, toil and trouble

I've just e-mailed to ask for a refund. Sucks, but tomorrow will be my third coatless snow day if I keep waiting for this to get sorted out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Sigh. So I finally got mine (the Hepburn), but it's HUGE on me. The sleeves and length are good, but it's incredibly wide and the pictures didn't indicate that at all! I'm clearly a M according to the size chart, but you could fit two people my size into it it's so big. It looks like a big black velvet tent. I don't even know what to do now. Everything else I would want is sold out and now it's December and I'm stuck with a huge coat that I can't even wear without paying to get it tailored.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:31 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Gah, I guess I'll keep it. My bf says it's not as huge looking as I feel like it is, but if I had tried it on first I probably would have gone with a S or a different cut coat. I should also note that all my contact with Vaute has been pleasant, so I have no complaints on that front.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm 
Saggy Butt

I got mine and while it was later than anticipated, I really like it. And it's warm!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

70 bucks for custom clearance. Damn. Silver lining is that if I had tried to dodge it by shipping to my friend's APO on base, I would never have received the coat as it got shipped so late and my friend moved out. But still. Balls.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Belden, soft black, size L (I know people were wondering how they look on non-models. I'm 5'3", shoulders 18" across, bust 36", waist 29", hips 42" - here's the size chart for reference: http://www.vautecouture.com/t-size_chart_coats.aspx ).
The coat is surprisingly roomy at the shoulders (my usual problem) and the buttons don't go as low as the hips so I have no issues closing it there. I did have to move the chest button about 1" to accommodate my breasts.
It's the warmest coat I have ever worn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

It looks really good! I don't understand how my Medium ended up being so huge on me! I'm a 36 bust and 29 waist too (but I'm 5'9 so my frame is tall but tiny) and it just hangs off me. I'm seeing if I can exchange for a small.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I ordered a Belden last year. I measured myself (several times!) and ordered a medium. When it arrived, it was too small, so I attempted an exchange, but there were no larges to be had by that point. I decided to let Vaute keep my payment and to wait until this year for a large.

Well, I received a shipping notification a while ago, and still no coat. Leanne recently contacted me saying that my coat was lost in the mail and hopefully they'll have another large to send me, but I'm free to ask for a refund.

Leanne has been nothing but nice in our communications, but I'm pretty bummed that this is happening. I'm still holding out for that large they might have for me, but I may end up asking for a refund.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:35 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

Interesting. I got a medium for my first coat and it fits really well, but my new Emily is a bit small in the arms.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yes, pics! Here's my Belden in emerald velvet, size small. I really love it, and it so warm.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

So cute.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:16 am 
Tofu Pup

I finally received my coats yesterday. I never received the tracking code for some reason or other and asked for it from UPS when they contacted me to get my details for customs. If I had only known they will be shipped via UPS I would have ordered them to work straight away as UPS failed to deliver them to my home (over here they don't know how to ring your doorbell).

The Belden in L is just perfect but the Hepburn in the same size is about half a size too large. The skirt is just great but the body needs to be taken in a bit. I'm taking it to the tailor's first thing on Monday.

Otherwise I'm just pleased with VC. Leanne certainly has a great heart and she is great in communicating.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:24 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

elouise wrote:
Yes, pics! Here's my Belden in emerald velvet, size small. I really love it, and it so warm.

I wasn't sure about that colour but it's just beautiful in your pic!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:02 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Jaana wrote:
The Belden in L is just perfect but the Hepburn in the same size is about half a size too large. The skirt is just great but the body needs to be taken in a bit. I'm taking it to the tailor's first thing on Monday.

Glad it's not just me! I'm still hoping to make an exchange. I can't afford a tailor right now! I'm still so bummed out about this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:17 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I am having the worst luck with this. I sent back the first one and a smaller one (in another color) shipped out 5 days ago. Which is great except the tracking hasn't been updated since it left NY 3 days ago. I'm really hoping it doesn't get lost. I also wish they would stop using USPS considering how many issues they seem to have had with the mail!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:56 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I am sorry some of you are having such issues with these coats. They are too expensive for that. I really wanted one this year, but couldn't justify it since I have too many coats in my closet. I think it's an awesome company but maybe they got really overwhelmed this year I think and got more orders than they could manage?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next