| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 92  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did the PPK wear today?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

It will change your life, though! Seriously, $5-10 for a pair of pants that actually fit rather than dragging on the ground and getting ruined? So worth it.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:58 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

This was yesterday, it was crazy how many people commented on my shirt. Almost every single one of my coworkers, and many customers, too. Some strangers even. I have people do double-takes. It was weird. I've worn this shirt before, and yeah, have had the occasional compliment on it, but nothing like yesterday. Maybe it's because I got my hair cut recently as well. Though that doesn't explain the strangers.

The shirt's a knit fabric. Like a really thin sweater.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:13 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I like your shorts, Mars! I love dudes that wear proper shorts rather than those baggy past-the-knee numbers I see everywhere.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:23 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to hide these gams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:38 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

allularpunk wrote:
Hemming things and getting things hemmed is for non-lazy people!

True story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ndpittman wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Hemming things and getting things hemmed is for non-lazy people!

True story.

(Erm... My "nice" suit trousers are still turned up and stapled... Maybe I should remedy this. But lazy.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allularpunk wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Re: bodies and shopping, I'm 5'2" and change, and had a super fun time trying to find a maxi tank dress. It was really amusing for me dad though, so that was good. I'd hold the dress up above my head a little and it'd still reach the floor. I did find one at H&M, but it is weirdly a little short. I got it anyway though.

I've never attempted to find a maxi dress...when they're hitting the floor and the hanger is above my head, well...that's that.

I'm wearing my first ever maxi skirt today! I'm so excited. I've had it for a while and it's needed to be hemmed, but today I just sort of rolled the waistband over itself and belted it, and it's fine. But it probably helps that I'm wearing a huge leg brace underneath it which kind of lifts the whole thing up a bit. I'm still forking freezing because it's mid-winter and I can't wear pants with my idiot broken knee, but it's marginally warmer than a shorter dress.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Maxi dress went in the dryer, and now it's not so maxi. It goes to a bad mid shin level. I might just go with it anyway though. It's comfortable and black.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:09 am 
WELFARIST!

Erinnerung wrote:

I'm wearing my first ever maxi skirt today! I'm so excited. I've had it for a while and it's needed to be hemmed, but today I just sort of rolled the waistband over itself and belted it, and it's fine. But it probably helps that I'm wearing a huge leg brace underneath it which kind of lifts the whole thing up a bit. I'm still forking freezing because it's mid-winter and I can't wear pants with my idiot broken knee, but it's marginally warmer than a shorter dress.

That is...the worst. Do you have legwarmers? You need legwarmers.

And ndpittman, I bet it would still look cut with heels! Heels solve everything!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

this is my "I give exactly zero shiitakes about how I look right now" pajama-dress. tent-y, loose, made of stretchy cotton-blend fabric. love it. if I didn't have to wear a bra with it I would literally wear nothing else ever:

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:39 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Having spent a few weeks in the sun I am still pale as a ghost...just with redder knees...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Pretty! You look so well put-together!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:46 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Cute!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:12 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks! I do not usually look put together. Here is todays outfit. It's a lot colder than I thought it would be hence the socks, I can't be bothered to change into jeans so socks it is :p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Amajorrecords wrote:
I'd like to meet someone who clothes fit perfectly. I'm average height I believe at 5'7". Pants are ALWAYS too long on me. I must have short legs? I also always always always have problems with the chest being too smalL in shirts/dresses but dont considered myself overly busty. I'm trying to learn how to just buy clothes I'm comfortable with and say screw what society thinks I should look like or how I should dress. Learning to love a whole new body post babies and a huge weight loss is hard enough. It's time to please myself.

That said it's always fun to peak in here and see what people are wearing. It's such great inspiration and we all have different styles and body types.

I think it's difficult for mostly everyone to find clothes that fit them off the rack aside from the few people for whom clothes are designed. What I've found is that it's necessary for me to get my clothes altered. I find them to fit the widest part of me and then get them altered. This can be expensive if you buy expensive clothes, but not so bad if you're getting a cheap dress from Old Navy or something like that. Get tight with a good seamstress or tailor and it will change everything! Being vegan also helps since we aren't buying leather or cashmere or things like that.

I have very wide hips, I'm not too tall (5'4''), and I have a small waist and really narrow shoulders. That wouldn't be so bad except that my chest is large for my size. Things like button-down blouses are a nightmare because if I can get them small enough to fit my shoulders, they sometimes don't button over my breasts, or (more often), they won't button over my wide stomach/hip area. I've just started avoiding these kinds of shirts in general, but now and then I can find one that fits.

I shop for clothing when I visit the states and I always take my dresses to my seamstress here. She almost always has to tighten up the shoulders or arm holes of dresses and blouses.

Luckily I found some dress pants that fit me well and that don't need hemming! The Limited came out with some new dress pants that are called Exact Stretch skinny and I love them. They also have some pencil skirts in the same cut that work well for my narrow waist/wide hips. For the last year I wore jeans to work, a t-shirt, and a baggy cardigan to hide the way my clothes were fitting me. Now that I've found some things that fit my shape, I'm excited to go to work feeling a little better about myself.

It's not easy and it took me quite a few years to come to terms with my "different" body (I was a bean pole in high school, but thanks to hormones I'm much more curvy), but now that I've learned what works well on my body, I can make better decisions about the clothes I buy. I've also found a lot of inspiration from some of the curvy fashion bloggers out there.

**Also, as an aside, I was recently measured for a bra and realized I was wearing the wrong size for years. If you have had some weight loss, children, or just have never been sized properly, it might be time to do so. Getting the right bra made a huge difference for me and how my clothes fit. For example - I thought I had flabby armpits and hated wearing sleeveless things because of it. Turns out that flab was actually boob that just couldn't fit in the 34 C I was trying to wear. I'm actually in a 30F now and it changed everything! This blog has some good articles and information about bra fittings: http://www.thinandcurvy.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Pickledtreats, it sounds like we have fairly similar torsoes. I have a narrow and very high waist (ie a very short ribcage), big boobs and big hips. I pretty much have to wear button down shirts for work, so what I do is buy ones that fit my shoulders and chest, undo all the darts, reduce the back by 5-8 cm at the upper back seam (to raise the waist so that the hip part of the shirt actually sits on my hips), and then re-do the chest darts to fit my waist (I wear the shirt inside out and pin the front chest darts directly on myself until the fit is right). I do it myself because I am a cheap mustard, and it has made a huge difference in how good these clothes look on me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

aelle wrote:
Pickledtreats, it sounds like we have fairly similar torsoes. I have a narrow and very high waist (ie a very short ribcage), big boobs and big hips. I pretty much have to wear button down shirts for work, so what I do is buy ones that fit my shoulders and chest, undo all the darts, reduce the back by 5-8 cm at the upper back seam (to raise the waist so that the hip part of the shirt actually sits on my hips), and then re-do the chest darts to fit my waist (I wear the shirt inside out and pin the front chest darts directly on myself until the fit is right). I do it myself because I am a cheap mustard, and it has made a huge difference in how good these clothes look on me.

That sounds great! I managed to find some shirts that fit, but they are the more flowing, baggy style of button down. I'll take it, because I can be pretty casual at work. Most of the shirts fit over my chest, but it's usually the last button or two that won't go. I've gotten to tucking them in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

All of that altering sounds like a nightmare. I'm pretty grateful that "drapey" is in style right now. I either go for that or totally fitted, so nothing has to fit perfectly. I don't work in an office environment though, so it's easier to get away with.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

(actually a few days ago, but CAT SKIRT)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:19 pm 
WELFARIST!

CAT SKIRT!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:
(actually a few days ago, but CAT SKIRT)

Where did this come from?! I saw another person wearing it on Facebook, maybe a PPKer, but I can't remember who.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:46 am 
Ninja Master

boober, I LOVE your cat skirt!! I have a reverse to that, kind of. It's black with white cats on.

I also have a white skirt with cats on. Apparently I like cat skirts.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:55 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Best skirt ever!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

it's H+M !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 92  Next