| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bar shampoo == Cafix == Swansonvitamins.com
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

I can think of so many reasons to use a bar shampoo over one packaged in a plastic container, even if you can recycle it.

I once washed my hair w/a bar of regular soap, and you can guess the results. So, I was a bit hesitant to try bar soap. I bought a bar of J.J. Liggett on ebay (cost me between $7-8). I was surprised to see how small it was. Anyway, tried it, and it works great. I'm been converted!

Since I can't really afford that much per bar (only if I absolutely had to), I went looking and found a REALLY GREAT COMPANY online (besided HoneyvilleGrain, that is). Company name is Swanson (www.swansonvitamins.com) and turns out they have all kinds of Vegan items - food too. Liggett shampoo bar is $3.75.

I usually buy Cafix at food coop for $10.39/7oz - Swanson has it for $7.39 + $5s&h - if I buy two Cafix, I'll end up paying less than I'd pay at coop. Another GOODIE is that I think it is a flat shipping charge of $4.99 no matter how much you order, and if you reach $50, s&h is free.

They have a health food section (snack food too). They carry a staggering number of brands.