| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan nail polish brands
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I am so confused/frustrated/annoyed.

Why, when I asked about the use of animal ingredients or animal derived ingredients, did they tell me that they could not guarantee any products to be free of animal ingredients? I even gave examples in my first email and replied to them asking if they were sure this was what they meant. They then specifically said that none of their products are vegan friendly.

I submitted another email template as well and received the same response.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The same as mine, or the same one you got before?

I'm not going to write back until more people get replies, so we can present the inconsistencies and be like, "What's up now, forkers?"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:37 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

The same as what I got before. I never publish anything negative about brands unless I receive confirmation. In this case, I was so surprised/confused that I submitted another form to see if I got a different response.

You definitely got a much nicer customer service rep though. Mine was very short and not at all friendly.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Well, and the info they gave me awhile back doesn't match up to what they told either of you, since they told me that the polishes were vegan, but not all the treatments. And I'm pretty sure someone on the nail polish thread accidentally bought a treatment from them that contained gelatin, which is you know, totally not vegan.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:27 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I wish you could see my face right now.

Let's see if anyone else hears back and if anyone is able to get a consistent response.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That cat gif. I just. SO CUTE. My dog makes a very similar face when I try to snuffle and kiss his head.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:34 am 
Ninja Master

I have emailed them but no response yet. I'll post it if/when I receive one.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 am 

Definitely post them when you get them, guys! I want to be able to send them all back and show what different answers we're getting.

I knew saying that I read it on a blog (aka, people are reading this in public on the internets) would touch a nerve.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm wearing Orly right now. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yeah, they definitely had treatments that weren't vegan (although may have been updated to remove gelatin or something, we eventually vegan), but they were not always vegan, so that is a false statement. I'll email, too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:13 pm 

I just heard back from Orly!

I am so sorry misinformation is circulating.
Quote:
Please know that since day one, 38 years ago, ORLY has always had a strict policy against testing our products on animals. ORLY nail lacquers and treatments have always been vegan and we do not use animal by-products in our ingredients.

I would appreciate your sending me a link to the beauty blog you read so that we can contact the editor/blogger and make sure that accurate information is being distributed. We value and appreciate our customer feedback and always strive to manufacture the finest nail care products available on the market.

This is mind boggling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:26 pm 

So you got the same response I did, word for word. Did you happen to copy and paste mine?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I just emailed them again including the information that I previously received. Hopefully I get a follow up.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 pm 

Did your response have a phone number? Mine did.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:42 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I don't really deal with the phone stuff because it's harder to pin down than an in writing response. I'm waiting to hear back now and will update when I do.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:17 pm 

MBM, I did pretty much copy and paste your message with a few changes. Do you think that makes a difference? I'm sorry if that wasn't appropriate.

ETA: I replied to their email, and they replied again confirming that any Orly products I bought would be vegan. This shiitake is weird.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:19 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

So I just talked to them and got the same response you guys did. I wrote back to confirm and received another confirmation that their products are vegan. They apologized for the misinformation I received from the brand earlier and we are working together on an update to be posted on Logical Harmony.

I'm glad that their communication has improved, but this whole situation is frustrating for everyone involved.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:22 pm 

No no, I was just wondering how canned their answer is. If you wrote something different and they still gave the same answer it seems like some copy/pasting going on over on their end. The response I got didn't seem very canned at first.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:24 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I think that it's a pretty canned answer. Which is strange (but good!) because the emails I received before definitely were not.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 pm 

Tashina, can you ask them to send you a list on ingredients in all of their nail treatments? I only use the Bonder and some top coats so i'm not sure which ones people are saying have gelatin in them, but the ingredients aren't listed on their site. It would be great to have those in writing to look over.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:28 pm 

MBM, I think it was the Nail Defense that had something in it.

ETA: Ingredients from http://www.folica.com/spa-and-body/nail-treatments/orly-nail-defense#tab=specifications

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Alcohol Denat., Isopropyl Alcohol,Nitrocellulose, Water, Polyvinyl Butyral, Tosylamide/Formaldehydr Resin, DibutylPhthalate, Camphor, Elocylene, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Hydrolyzed WheatProtein, Calcium Phantothenate, Gelatin, Balm Mint (Melissa Officinates)Extract, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum Hiemale)Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Formaldehyde, D&C Violet #2(CI 60725).

Last edited by ndpittman on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Done and done!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:37 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
MBM, I think it was the Nail Defense that had something in it.

ETA: Ingredients from http://www.folica.com/spa-and-body/nail-treatments/orly-nail-defense#tab=specifications

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Alcohol Denat., Isopropyl Alcohol,Nitrocellulose, Water, Polyvinyl Butyral, Tosylamide/Formaldehydr Resin, DibutylPhthalate, Camphor, Elocylene, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Hydrolyzed WheatProtein, Calcium Phantothenate, Gelatin, Balm Mint (Melissa Officinates)Extract, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum Hiemale)Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Formaldehyde, D&C Violet #2(CI 60725).

Okay, based on that site there's also lanolin in the cuticle creme. Which doesn't surprise me, but I don't want them telling people all of their stuff is vegan when it's not. I guess we just need to educate them.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think the Ulta site has ingredient lists for Orly products. If people feel ambitious enough to look into that. I know that their polishes, Bonder, and Sec 'N Dry don't have any obvious non-vegan ingredients.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 pm 

Ulta doesn't have the ingredients and they don't have a lot of the treatments either. Like I know they have a new argain oil cuticle cream.

Sally's is literally down the street from me, I could just go look but let's see if they send the ingredients first.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next