| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 985 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3451
Location: Nashville, TN
We need a "various clothing" thread for non-dress and shoe stuff!

NOT IT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1762
Creep, I really like both of those Modcloth dresses, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the first one because that shade of blue is gorgeous. I also really like that skirt you posted. Where's it from?
creep wrote:
We need a "various clothing" thread for non-dress and shoe stuff!

NOT IT

Done!

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3451
Location: Nashville, TN
Charlotte Russe. I hadn't bought anything from them since high school, then saw a ton of cool skirts in-store. That's not even the one I was going online to buy, but I ended up liking it a little better than the one I was planning to get.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: Graz, Austria
...Remember the Water Garden Dress from Modcloth that I was so crazy about?
It's still about 80€ over the prize of anything I could potentially afford, but it's back in stock, and I've had a really bad week or two, and friends of mine are getting married in June... and I know that the size 10 would fit me perfectly.
I'm seriously considering just getting it now and worrying about the money later - like when I run out of food or something.
Aaaaaargh, why is my taste always so expensive?! (ghost-high-fives Oscar Wilde)


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:00 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 218
Location: London UK
left of the dial wrote:
a question for the euro people here..
is there anything remotely similar to modcloth in europe? i like some of their dresses and the 50s/60s style bikinis, but i don't wanna spend a fortune on postage if the stuff doesn't fit right..


not dresses, but on the retro bikini, I was looking at these:

slightly retro esq bikini - http://www.surfdome.com/fat_face_bikini ... navy-91563
and more retro - http://www.surfdome.com/zoggs_bikinis_- ... /red-68417

I really like the first one, but I bought some polka dot pyjamas at the weekend and realised that from kitchen wear to clothes, I own too much polka dot stuff. Still it can't harm to try it, free postage.

_________________
Cows’ milk is just that: for cows - Dr Christian 'buff' Jessen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 218
Location: London UK
Phoenix wrote:
...Remember the Water Garden Dress from Modcloth that I was so crazy about?
It's still about 80€ over the prize of anything I could potentially afford, but it's back in stock, and I've had a really bad week or two, and friends of mine are getting married in June... and I know that the size 10 would fit me perfectly.
I'm seriously considering just getting it now and worrying about the money later - like when I run out of food or something.
Aaaaaargh, why is my taste always so expensive?! (ghost-high-fives Oscar Wilde)


I hate regretting not buying stuff, it becomes marginally obsessive :( Can you try it, it might not fit and then your problems will be solved..

_________________
Cows’ milk is just that: for cows - Dr Christian 'buff' Jessen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: Graz, Austria
ninjablossom wrote:
I hate regretting not buying stuff, it becomes marginally obsessive :( Can you try it, it might not fit and then your problems will be solved..

I can, technically. But international returns aren't free (like US returns and even exchanges), and they won't do international exchanges at all.
I'm pretty sure Oscar's ghost is still whispering to me, telling me that the only way I'll stop obsessing over this dress is to get it.
Maybe my BF and I will find an affordable place to move into very soon, and then I won't be so terribly broke, and everything will be fine...?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:49 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 218
Location: London UK
Phoenix wrote:
ninjablossom wrote:
I hate regretting not buying stuff, it becomes marginally obsessive :( Can you try it, it might not fit and then your problems will be solved..

I can, technically. But international returns aren't free (like US returns and even exchanges), and they won't do international exchanges at all.
I'm pretty sure Oscar's ghost is still whispering to me, telling me that the only way I'll stop obsessing over this dress is to get it.
Maybe my BF and I will find an affordable place to move into very soon, and then I won't be so terribly broke, and everything will be fine...?



l.o.l, you really want that dress ey? :)

_________________
Cows’ milk is just that: for cows - Dr Christian 'buff' Jessen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:27 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:55 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
ninjablossom wrote:
not dresses, but on the retro bikini, I was looking at these:

slightly retro esq bikini - http://www.surfdome.com/fat_face_bikini ... navy-91563
and more retro - http://www.surfdome.com/zoggs_bikinis_- ... /red-68417

I really like the first one, but I bought some polka dot pyjamas at the weekend and realised that from kitchen wear to clothes, I own too much polka dot stuff. Still it can't harm to try it, free postage.


cuuute bikinis!

I just bought this one, waiting for it to come in the mail: http://shopruche.com/country-love-halte ... -suit.html

my apologies that this was posted in the dress thread! i REALLY hope the bathing suit fits....i'm a little afraid about ordering a bathing suit online!

_________________
http://justinpluslauren.com -- my travel blog with my boyfriend!
http://wheretheveggiesare.blogspot.com -- my vegan cooking blog!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:24 pm 
Saggy Butt
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 288
Image
Asos
http://us.asos.com/River-Island-Floral-Tea-Dress/xsc0i/?iid=2063177&cid=8799&Rf961=3345&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Pink&r=2&mporgp=L1JpdmVyLUlzbGFuZC9SaXZlci1Jc2xhbmQtRmxvcmFsLVRlYS1EcmVzcy9Qcm9kLw..

I want this dress so much!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:12 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 1337
Location: Rochester & Albany, NY
Need the advice of the thread... would you wear this to a wedding?
http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL002366 ... hite-dress

I've always thought that black and white were both no-no's for a wedding... but I kind of love this...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Portland, OR
That is adorable! Pair it with some bold colors and you will be good to go!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Canberra, Australia
Nicole wrote:
Need the advice of the thread... would you wear this to a wedding?
http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL002366 ... hite-dress

I've always thought that black and white were both no-no's for a wedding... but I kind of love this...


I would totally wear it! I wore black and white (with red shoes) to the last wedding I went to. I've never heard of it being a no-no, but I don't go to many weddings (especially not traditional ones!).

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 am 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 1337
Location: Rochester & Albany, NY
Awesome! I was also thinking that some bold shoes and jewelry would really set it apart from looking too bridal. The wedding is at the end of July so I think that this will be perfect for what will possibly be a hot day/evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I really want this dress

Image

But I already bought these two

ImageImage

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 pm 
Nailed to the V
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 573
Location: chicago
Erinnerung wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Need the advice of the thread... would you wear this to a wedding?
http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL002366 ... hite-dress

I've always thought that black and white were both no-no's for a wedding... but I kind of love this...


I would totally wear it! I wore black and white (with red shoes) to the last wedding I went to. I've never heard of it being a no-no, but I don't go to many weddings (especially not traditional ones!).


i would be hesitant about wearing something that was mostly black or mostly white to a wedding, but i think that something with such a mixed print would be totally fine. that makes it neither a white dress or a black dress. i wore a black dress with large white polka dots to my friend's wedding last month (w bright yellow shoes) and i thought it was totally fine and didn't get any weird looks or anything. (also a nontraditional wedding, but i think it would have been appropriate for any wedding!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Canberra, Australia
I bought two completely unnecessary dresses on Friday, so I'm being the model of restraint here. But I still really want this.

Image

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 am 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 1337
Location: Rochester & Albany, NY
electric_claire wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Need the advice of the thread... would you wear this to a wedding?
http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL002366 ... hite-dress

I've always thought that black and white were both no-no's for a wedding... but I kind of love this...


I would totally wear it! I wore black and white (with red shoes) to the last wedding I went to. I've never heard of it being a no-no, but I don't go to many weddings (especially not traditional ones!).


i would be hesitant about wearing something that was mostly black or mostly white to a wedding, but i think that something with such a mixed print would be totally fine. that makes it neither a white dress or a black dress. i wore a black dress with large white polka dots to my friend's wedding last month (w bright yellow shoes) and i thought it was totally fine and didn't get any weird looks or anything. (also a nontraditional wedding, but i think it would have been appropriate for any wedding!)

I bought that dress, ended up hating the fit and put it back in the mail to eShakti the same day. The wedding is at the end of this month so unless I stumble across something I like better I'm just going to wear a dark purple faux wrap style dress and make it interesting with some funky jewelry and cool shoes. I am so over eShakti.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: Graz, Austria
Nicole wrote:
I bought that dress, ended up hating the fit and put it back in the mail to eShakti the same day. The wedding is at the end of this month so unless I stumble across something I like better I'm just going to wear a dark purple faux wrap style dress and make it interesting with some funky jewelry and cool shoes. I am so over eShakti.

Same thing happened to me with Modcloth. Actually, I think if I'd gone down a size, that terribly expensive dress might (might!) have fit me. But as it was, I couldn't afford to order it a second time (there's no such thing as a free international return, and then customs!!), and it would have been too late for the wedding anyway, so I went there in a lacy black thing from Topshop with some extravagant accessories, and it was fine. I am now so much poorer that I could have afforded a really nice dress from someplace else just for the postage and customs fee, and I guess I've learned my lesson not to order from Modcloth again. (Again, this would be different if I didn't live overseas.) But their customer service is amazing. Very friendly, and very efficient.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:09 pm 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9380
Location: Vancouver Island
I just bought this as a bridesmaid dress for the fall. My friend wants lacy/girly/neutral-tone dresses;

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3828
Location: Canberra, Australia
Phoenix wrote:
Same thing happened to me with Modcloth. Actually, I think if I'd gone down a size, that terribly expensive dress might (might!) have fit me. But as it was, I couldn't afford to order it a second time (there's no such thing as a free international return, and then customs!!), and it would have been too late for the wedding anyway, so I went there in a lacy black thing from Topshop with some extravagant accessories, and it was fine. I am now so much poorer that I could have afforded a really nice dress from someplace else just for the postage and customs fee, and I guess I've learned my lesson not to order from Modcloth again. (Again, this would be different if I didn't live overseas.) But their customer service is amazing. Very friendly, and very efficient.


I've had this happen a couple of times with ModCloth stuff- and it costs more to return things from here than it does to buy them in the first place! I sent them an email when they got rid of measurements telling them that it was stupid and they said that I could contact customer service to get the measurements for individual items emailed to me. I've done that a few times, especially for important things (like dresses for events) or stuff that would be super expensive to post back to them (like boots). It takes a couple of extra days but I don't mind if it means I'll get the right thing.

And Vijita- that dress is super cute!

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 am
Posts: 789
Location: New Yawk
Every time I go onto the Modcloth site, I'm reminded of how terribly expensive things are, and that they just slap a cute name on so you don't know the brand and don't go searching for it at a better price. They're clever, that Modcloth. With that said, I'd still wear like 50% of what they sell.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 am 
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Boston
fauxfrancais wrote:
Every time I go onto the Modcloth site, I'm reminded of how terribly expensive things are, and that they just slap a cute name on so you don't know the brand and don't go searching for it at a better price. They're clever, that Modcloth. With that said, I'd still wear like 50% of what they sell.

I've ordered a few different things from Modcloth, and whenever I google the brands after finding out what they are, they are either only available through Modcloth or they're the same price somewhere else, not cheaper. Then again, I only get their cheaper items, so there probably isn't a reason to do much markup on those.

_________________
http://vegetalion.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 am
Posts: 789
Location: New Yawk
vegetalion wrote:
fauxfrancais wrote:
Every time I go onto the Modcloth site, I'm reminded of how terribly expensive things are, and that they just slap a cute name on so you don't know the brand and don't go searching for it at a better price. They're clever, that Modcloth. With that said, I'd still wear like 50% of what they sell.

I've ordered a few different things from Modcloth, and whenever I google the brands after finding out what they are, they are either only available through Modcloth or they're the same price somewhere else, not cheaper. Then again, I only get their cheaper items, so there probably isn't a reason to do much markup on those.


Dude, Karmaloop has alot of their cute shoes, but on there, they were already on clearance! I guess if they keep stocking the "cute" stuff like ModCloth in addition to their focus on streetwear and party clothes, then they should perpetually have a cute clearance, and negate the need for spending ModCloth prices. Plus, Karmaloop gives coupons that I used to use alot more often. I dunno if MC does, I hope they do. I get what you're saying though, I like alot of their retro things and sometimes they're already out of stock elsewhere! Oooh and they used to have a vintage section but I'm not sure anymore.

I got this dress from Asos: Image

and this one: Image
but I may go back and get this one: Image

dunno how I feel about ice cream cones on my boobs, but I can justify getting it because I know how I feel about ice cream?
Asos is freaking stacked with cute stuff.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Dress Coveting thread!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:15 pm
Posts: 1063
Location: Bull City, NC
Can you link to the first one?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 985 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jamescraig and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer