| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Facial hair removal for the ladies
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:56 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Just an FYI if you've got an unwanted 'stache (or worse).

From looking at my female relatives, I assume that if I hadn't been diligent about facial hair removal since my teens, I'd look like Tom Selleck by now. I used to always buy wax strips, but they got expensive. Then I tried DIY sugar waxing, but it wasn't as effective. So a couple of years ago I bought this thing on Amazon called a Bellabe. It like a long, slim spring thing that you roll on your face. It pulls out the hairs kind of like threading (only you don't need any skill). Doesn't do as well on peachfuzz, but for most facial hair it does amazing. I got mine three years ago and haven't needed to replace it. At around thirteen bucks (US $) that's a really good deal.

I still get the wax strips from time to time because I weirdly like the exfoliation from them (it's like getting a peel), but for frequent use the Bellabe is great.

Post subject: Re: Facial hair removal for the ladies
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Thanks so much for this PSA. I have a difficult 'stache that i get waxed, but I often see hairs pop up by the next week. It would be great to be able to take care of it at home.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I'll definitely check that out! I have PCOS so I have all kinds of unwanted facial hair. Currently I just tweeze it, but that method is time consuming and not terribly effective.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:04 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I think you'll really like it. It works so well. I get the peach fuzz with wax strips, but for everything else it's awesome. I also wasn't expecting it to last for YEARS, so I bought three at the time. I haven't even opened the other two (three years later of very frequent use).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:27 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I use an electric razor for my face hair. I can't remember what brand, but it's a little battery powered thing. It works well, is not irritating, and i don't need to worry about accidentally slicing my lip with a razor (this happened once and it sucked). I got it for about ten bucks and it was totally worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I use a regular razor on my sideburns and chin, because I'm a hairy beast, but I use the tiny battery operated electric razor on my mustache and on the peachfuzz between my brows (not a proper unibrow, but the peach fuzz there catches makeup and it's just not pretty). I used to wax everything, but I ended up with a super deeply embedded ingrown hair on my upper lip that literally never went away, it's just there as a tiny bump forever, so I got scared off of methods that rip the hair out.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 am 
Baking In The Flavor

gigi facial hair remover creme works really well:) http://gigispa.com/products/product-0435.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

i used to tweeze my chin (took a ridiculous amount of time. especially when i got ingrowns.) so i started getting laser treatments. (and with that, you can't depilate in between sessions, so i got a cheapo little electric razor from CVS or walgreens called microforce) i've slacked off on the laser lately, but i still use the razor. (i think i may get a second one for the travel bag, because i will inevitably forget to shave before going somewhere and also forget to pack it. that's embarrassing)

i went to the gyno last month (first visit to her, so it was a lot to take in), and she mentioned testing for PCOS, but then at the end, she left the room, and didn't sign me up for any tests or anything. how are you diagnosed for PCOS? is it the manual examination? (that's the only way i figure, since she dropped the subject.)

i think my issue might be that i wasn't ingesting enough iodine for pretty much my entire life. and since iodine is essential in the manufacture of hormones, it makes sense that that might be my problem. or at least part of it. (since i also have black rings under my eyes, and hair loss at the front of my head and i'm having a hell of a time losing weight, so i'm sure it's the lack of iodine. time will tell.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:38 pm 
Tofu Pup

I use one of those small, electric razors, I think it was meant for the bikini area? It's good for peach fuzz, and I don't have to use it very often, maybe once every two weeks.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]