| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: origins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I just bought a shiitake load of Origins stuff (the Lush items I was using are great but not for winter weather and my skin is taking a beating) and I don't love it. I don't have super sensitive skin yet I suddenly got little bumps on my cheeks after a couple of days using the new stuff (daily moisturizer and ginzing eye cream). what a waste of money.

now I need something else.
does anyone have any opinions on Jurlique or Bare Minerals skincare stuff??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I bought my first Origins product a few weeks ago. The Quick, Hide! concealer. I really love it, esp. compared to the Urban Decay concealer I was using before. I think I might try some of their foundation when the stuff I'm currently using runs out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:02 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Hoodwinked wrote:
I just bought a shiitake load of Origins stuff (the Lush items I was using are great but not for winter weather and my skin is taking a beating) and I don't love it. I don't have super sensitive skin yet I suddenly got little bumps on my cheeks after a couple of days using the new stuff (daily moisturizer and ginzing eye cream). what a waste of money.

now I need something else.
does anyone have any opinions on Jurlique or Bare Minerals skincare stuff??

I've never tried Jurlique or Bare Minerals, but I recently rediscovered Peter Lamas skincare stuff and if you're looking for a mid-priced line of stuff you might like it:

http://www.peterlamas.com/skincare.php

I used to used the citrus cleanser, Vital Infusion, and Pro Vita C moisturizer years back and remember loving them, but I skip around to lot of different skincare stuff so I never went back. I'm thinking about getting one or two products again, though. It's not cheap, but not horribly expensive either.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:40 am 
WELFARIST!

Do you know if they offer samples or anything? I want to try some of their products but am not sure I want to go out and pay $13 for a little tube of something that I may end up hating.

I wouldn't be buying online. I live down the street from an Origins.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I know they offer samples online, but honestly, it wouldn't hurt to just walk in there and ask. They won't kick you out of the store (probably).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 am 
WELFARIST!

Haha, okay. I just get nervous when I go into tiny little stores that always seem empty, especially since I've encountered some real crasshole salespeople like that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I got samples in-store by walking in and saying I wanted to try and compare Brighter By Nature and A Perfect Worldbefore I spent money on one and they were happy to oblige - they had boxes of samples under the counter. I def know what you mean by crasshole salespeople in small (trendy) shops, but don't take any shiitake from them, Mr Shankly! Get your free stuffs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:45 am 

Aw, don't be scared. The Origins salesfolks I've encountered have always been friendly and helpful to me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:44 am 
WELFARIST!

Thanks! I might go tomorrow and pick up some samples.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Yeah, they definitely give samples! They have little plastic things like at Sephora that they can scoop a bit of anything into. The last time I went to get a moisturizer sample, and the girl asked if I wanted some of the eye cream too, so they're nice about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:58 pm 
WELFARIST!

Wahoo, I went today and it was great! They gave me a sample of Checks & Balances, Out of Trouble, Modern Friction and Origins Organics. She also put some Zinger stuff on my face while I was there- it's some sort of tinted moisturizer. I'm super excited now, I've never used Origins before. What is your guys opinion of the samples she gave me for combination skin with acne?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm 

I also have combination skin with acne. I use Checks & Balances and I love it. I haven't used the other products you got samples of, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

Has anyone used their ginger shampoo? I was smelling it in the store and had to stop myself from pouring it all over me. I love ginger. $15 is a lot for shampoo, though.

Never mind, it's not even vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Has anyone used their ginger shampoo? I was smelling it in the store and had to stop myself from pouring it all over me. I love ginger. $15 is a lot for shampoo, though.

Isn't it?

I know their products can be different in the UK but I have an e-mail somewhere saying that everything is vegan except for a few of their lip products.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 pm 
WELFARIST!

Efcliz wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Isn't it?

I know their products can be different in the UK but I have an e-mail somewhere saying that everything is vegan except for a few of their lip products.

I saw panthenol listed in the ingredients. I thought that wasn't vegan? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm 
WELFARIST!

So, I'm thankful that I got samples of this stuff instead of paying full price for a bottle because so far I'm really not impressed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 pm 

Aw, that's too bad. I've only ever tried Checks and Balances before, and my face didn't like it. I pretty much stick to their Brighter By Nature line and love the bejeezus out of it. And their Silk Screen pressed powder. I got a sample of the GinZing eye brightener and it stung my eyes! So glad I got a sample of that one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:33 am 
WELFARIST!

Best thing ever happened. I had a bad reaction to that face mask and now my face is bright red and burning! I'm icing it as I type this.

I think from now on, nothing but Lush will be touching my face.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:50 am 

Well if they honestly do test on animals (Estee Lauder thread), I won't be be purchasing anything from them again. Sorry you're icing your face right now, that sucks!

I'm sad because I emailed Lush asking if they were ever planning on having an SPF face moisturizer, and they said in order to legally do that, they'd need to register as a pharmaceuticals company in the U.S., which they have no interest in doing. They sell an SPF 30 moisturizer in the UK, which I ALMOST considered getting until I saw it was like $50 and had lanolin and beeswax in it. Oh well.

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2