| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pictures of your stretchy-earlobe-holey-things!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:56 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mine are stretched to 00 with just plain steel tunnels that the front or back screws off of to take it on or off. I like putting those glowstick bracelets with the connectors through them when at parties that have that kind of thing. The second holes in the lobe used to both be stretched to a 4, but now the left one is a 4 and the right one has nothing in it since I broke the plastic captive bead hoop that was in it and never put another one there, but I can still fit regular size earrings in it. I guess theres the testament to stretching back to a smaller size or shrinking rather, when you wish to do that. Let me see if I have a pic where you can see my ears somewhere around here.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mars wrote:
Or that, yeah! :P I never had problem just getting them stretched nice and fast at a shop so I was just guessing with that.

I had it pierced at a 16g (which was stupid of me but that's what happens when you're a teenager) and then slowly stretched up to 6g at my favorite shop. I was perfectly fine stretching my lobes myself but couldn't stand doing my conch. It's fine where it's at, I really wanted to see through it and I can now so I'm pretty pleased. But a 0g would have been awesome!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:59 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Edit: nahhh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:52 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Second attempt (excuse the terrible webcam quality):

Lobes: 14mm; cartilage dermal punch: 5mm.

Last edited by Bun on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

They are so cute bun!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:04 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm wearing the owls for the picture because they're new and I love them, but I'm not sure about the owl-diamond combination. Don't hate my lack of ear jewelry coordination, PPK!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Awww, the wee owlies!

I've ordered some new plugs as you scared the bejiggering jebus outta me in the other thread, Bun, with the falling-off earlobes! Heh. This is me right now:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Love!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oooh those are cool! Is it a mesh, with see through behind, or is it a solid?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:58 am 
Tofu Pup

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Sarah-Jane wrote:
I love this but I don't know if I would want to have permanently streched earlobes. I am guessing if you don't stretch them too much they will shrink back, right?

Possibly, some people are 'stretchier' than others and it's easier for their lobes to shrink back down. After a certain point (most people say it's 2g), it's unlikely that your ears will shrink all the way down. I don't wear regular earrings anyway because they make my ears itch, so if I decided I didn't want big holes anymore i'd still wear the same kinds of jewelry, i'd just let my ears shrink as much as possible and buy smaller plugs. Or just leave them empty, it's not particularly horrifying if I walk around with empty lobes.

I had 0's for about 5 years, and 00's for a while. My doctor connected them to swollen lymph nodes, so I took them out about 2 years ago. It took about 6 months for them to shrink down, and now no one can tell. They'll never close up though, so I can wear "regular" earrings.

Moral: Stretch sloooooowly, and allow your ears to heal. They will shrink up if you ever need to take them out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 am 
Mediocre Tart

Mars wrote:
Oooh those are cool! Is it a mesh, with see through behind, or is it a solid?

They're cut out in the front and then just open like a normal double flared tunnel at the back, like so:
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... 448549.cfm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:50 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Sarah-Jane wrote:
I love this but I don't know if I would want to have permanently streched earlobes. I am guessing if you don't stretch them too much they will shrink back, right?

I once stretched mine to 12mm (I don't know what gauge that is) and kept my lobes at that size for at least a year. I eventually had to take them out for a job and they did shrink back down and now you'd never know I'd ever stretched them. It did take a while for them to shrink and my lobes did resemble a cat's bottom for a good few months. I couldn't wear small studs for ages as they would fall out but 'dangly' earrings on hooks were fine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

jennidy wrote:
Moral: Stretch sloooooowly, and allow your ears to heal. They will shrink up if you ever need to take them out.

This is not universally true. One person can stretch to 1/2 inch and go back down no problem, another person can stretch to 8g and their ears will never close. Stretching should be considered a permanent modification from the get-go.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Stretching should be considered a permanent modification from the get-go.

Yeah, for sure! But also, seriously, even if the holes don't close at all, they do look a lot smaller when there is no jewellery in. All the ears posted in here so far, none of us have what Dan Savage calls 'ear labia', I'm sure.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:10 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
jennidy wrote:

This is not universally true. One person can stretch to 1/2 inch and go back down no problem, another person can stretch to 8g and their ears will never close. Stretching should be considered a permanent modification from the get-go.

Yeah the more I have read into it the more I have figured that there is a chance I will have holey ears forever but I think I am cool with that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 pm 
Mediocre Tart

So I got some Kaos skin eyelets after the wee Bun scared me with the frozen-lobe talk ;) This ear is kind of a scrappy mess with random piercings (3 were done between the ages of 10 and 16 with those crappy guns in the back of a chemist's shop, the top two cartilage ones were meant to be joined up in some kinda random scaffold thing a couple of years back but I never got round to it) My lobes are at 14mm and I'm happy with that and not sure I could go much further anyhoo with that second hole being where it is!

eta: I'm lucky as I never seem to have reactions to anything. I ordered these

wooden plugs off etsy last week, but I seem to be able to stick any random stuffs in my ears and it's all good. I'm excited for the wood, though! Haven't been there before.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:36 pm 
Chip Strong

Here is my humble ear.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Started stretching about 9 years ago, and they've been this size for a little over half that time, I guess. I had trouble getting a clear photo from that angle, but it's just dark brown wood with a little grain. I mostly buy wood and stone plugs/tunnels from onetribe.nu.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I love this thread! Everyone's ears are so fancyyyy. I've always loved how plugs look, but my ears are so sensitive the process would probably make them shrivel up and die... so I'll just have to lurk this thread and live vicariously.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:02 am 

Right, just because I enjoy hijacking your thread I have another question for you all. I used tapers and put in my 16g "plugs" (they are so tiny I think it's weid to call them plugs, they are just slightly larger earrings) and it went well, stung a teeny bit but other than that no problems. So I know I now treat them like new piercing and basically leave them alone, but when do I start doing the salt water soaks, I assume I can do them now? I have read to leave the plugs in for 2 weeks before removing them at all?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Sarah-Jane wrote:
Right, just because I enjoy hijacking your thread I have another question for you all. I used tapers and put in my 16g "plugs" (they are so tiny I think it's weid to call them plugs, they are just slightly larger earrings) and it went well, stung a teeny bit but other than that no problems. So I know I now treat them like new piercing and basically leave them alone, but when do I start doing the salt water soaks, I assume I can do them now? I have read to leave the plugs in for 2 weeks before removing them at all?

Did your ear tear at all at 16g? I never used soaks unless I had a bad stretch and it got swollen or crusty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:19 am 

Nope, no tearing or pain or anything!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

You probably don't need to worry about putting anything on them then.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:31 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So I took a ton of photos for this thread awhile back but never posted them. My ear lobes are attached and were pretty tiny to start with, so everything looks oversized on me. I have wanted to stretch up to 1/2 inch for awhile, but I think it would be better to get my lobes scalpeled if I wanted to go any bigger. But i've put myself on a no new jewelry thing, so if in a year i've lost most of my plugs (which I rarely do, but sometimes they break) and it's either buy new stuff in this size or stretch up, I might just stretch up.

I never wear these because they look so ridicadic huge on me, but they are pretty cool.

These are my favorite hanging things, they are pretty work/wedding appropriate since they are black, it is awkward to cradle a phone with them on though.

Teal ear skins! I prefer the smaller thickness, but if I wear those (I have a pair in black) and go to bed or lay my head against something, basically squish my ear at all, they pop right out.

These are jellyfish, but you can't tell because they're so small. One reason I want to go a little bigger, design plugs are hard to see!

These have a specific name, but I can't remember what they're called. I remember the company that made them stopped or went out of business all together, so it was a big mad scramble to get the remaining stock.

I get lots of compliments on these for everyone, since my lobes are so tiny I think it's harder to tell they're plugs so they just kind of look like granny earrings.

I also like these, but I think they'd look better if I had gotten a different color so they didn't match my skin tone so well and therefore not stand out very much.

I also really like my basic steel tunnels, but I have currently misplaced them. :( I need to go on a plug hunting mission around my bed and under the couch.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I really like those hanging black ones, where are they from?

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next