| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hiding A Bad Haircut
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm 
WELFARIST!

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Awesome, text (or IM) me! We can try to set a time up for next week. You can help me look less like babushka. Also, do we have a Claires here? The Pru, maybe?

I will! I'm not sure where there is one near us, I'm used to going to them at malls on the south shore. We can go on an adventure looking for them!

During our Ikea adventure!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I don't know how other people do scarves on their hair, but this is how I do it:
Put your scarf over your neck, under the hair, even the edges, take one end and wrap it up and over, take the other one, wrap it up and over, and tie on the bottom. You can make it more or less headband-y looking (as in, not how I have it pictured).
I did this a lot when my hair was going through an awkward growing-out-from-a-pixie-cut phase before getting dreads.
Now I do it a lot with dreads because I've come to accept the fact that I'm a hippie and I might as well embrace it. Also on days when I don't want hair in my face but I also don't want to tie it up in a bun or something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I'm a big fan of the messy "I hate my short hair a thousand bobby pins hair do" in which you messily twist your dirty short hair shame into a pleasing, but haphazard arrangement, secure with bobby pins, adorn with a little scarf, and suddenly everyone is complementing your look! Also, if your hair is of the straight smooth texture, let it get dirty! Those cuts do not work with clean hair and a little texture goes a long, long way! Good luck and godspeed from someone who has grown out SO MANY haircuts!

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
--Margaret Meade