| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: vegan coupons
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:09 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

so, i've been doing this facebook page for a while now where i'll post about a coupon (this page is mostly for grocery coupons. i have a twitter for daily deals and stuff, that's not included in this here newsletter.), and i just set up an e-mail newsletter through feedburner. this way, people who have neither facebook, nor twitter, and can't be bothered to read things through a feed reader can also take part.

i know a bunch of you still don't do facebook (and honestly, i can't fault you) so you can still take advantage of the deals, they'll come to you now!

another reason i set it up was because facebook has become increasingly selective in what they show to people in their friend feeds. it's awful. even though there are more than 8,000 followers, some posts have only been sent to 100 people. it's disheartening. so F you, facebook, i'm circumventing your filter.

there is one teeeeny glitch. facebook is really weird with their "notes" because those aren't given subject lines in RSS feeds, so it won't translate over to an accurate link in the e-mail. so just be forewarned that if you want to click through and read the full note, you'll have to manually add facebook.com/ in front of the partial URL that comes through in the e-mail. not perfect, but it'll be a workaround until there's a real website/blog. at least it gives a little bit of a preview, so you can see the interesting coupons that make up the score.

i'll switch the source feed for the e-mails over to the real website once that happens, so you won't have to subscribe to a second e-mail newsletter (i hope). once and done. easy peasy.

http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailv ... ganCoupons

(and if you want to subscribe through other means: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeganCoupons i just know this one looks wonky in safari, so that's why i provided the direct link up there.)

Post subject: Re: vegan coupons
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This is wonderful, sorry about the slow response! Thank you for all of your coupon sharing. As soon as I figure out how to do this I'll get on it. Since I'm pretty inactive on the web (no facebook, on blog to speak of, etc) I'm not very good at thanking all of the amazing people out there who share so much of their hard work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:16 am 

awwwwww. :-)
you're more than welcome. I figured if I'm sifting through the junk for myself, I might as well post it for others. <3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:46 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I love your FB page! I appreciate it so much. I also signed up for the email newsletter. Your fb page is one of the only reasons I have a FB account. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 pm 

*warm fuzzies*
<3