| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Comfy Strapless Bras?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:30 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I just bought my first dress in nearly 15 years for my sister's wedding this summer. I am not a fashionable girl-jeans and tees suit me just fine (maybe I need a personal stylist?!). This particular dress requires a strapless bra and since I've never purchased one before, I thought I'd ask for suggestions. I want something comfy, simple, and not too expensive. I am a 34A and do not want crazy padding or push-up features. Thanks for any advice!

Post subject: Re: Comfy Strapless Bras?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

Are you petite-ish? I have this one from The Little Bra Company and it's the only one that's ever really felt right to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:33 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Tzippy wrote:
Are you petite-ish? I have this one from The Little Bra Company and it's the only one that's ever really felt right to me.

I am petite. That bra looks super nice, but it's a bit out of my price range. I wish they had a black one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:46 pm 
Saggy Butt

They do have a black one. It's under a different listing for some reason: http://www.thelittlebracompany.com/bras/sascha.html (this doesn't help the price issue, though--I hate that all the petite bras I find are kind of expensive)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I hate to say this, but it has become my experience lately that finding a decent bra for anything in an A cup at a decent price is becoming quite impossible. I seldom see 32A or even 34As anymore at either Target or Walmart (and I am a 32A, so I do look when ever I am in either store). My suggestion is to go to a good department store (think Macy's or JC Penny's) and see if they have any bras in your size. If you find some, have someone help you find one that fits correctly. Also, bring a picture of the front and back of your dress, so that they can see how it is cut. That will help them find a bra that will fit under the dress properly or you may even want to just bring the dress with you. If that fails, you will just have to try Victoria's Secret, but it is not my first choice, because their customer service is just not what it used to be.

I had to find a strapless bra for my wedding dress a couple of years ago and it took me a few weeks to do so. I did get lucky and find one at Target, but the strap in back is a bit to high for my dress, so it does show a tad. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until the morning of my wedding, which was way to late; so I had to live with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

snugglebunny wrote:
I hate to say this, but it has become my experience lately that finding a decent bra for anything in an A cup at a decent price is becoming quite impossible. I seldom see 32A or even 34As anymore at either Target or Walmart (and I am a 32A, so I do look when ever I am in either store). My suggestion is to go to a good department store (think Macy's or JC Penny's) and see if they have any bras in your size. If you find some, have someone help you find one that fits correctly. Also, bring a picture of the front and back of your dress, so that they can see how it is cut. That will help them find a bra that will fit under the dress properly or you may even want to just bring the dress with you. If that fails, you will just have to try Victoria's Secret, but it is not my first choice, because their customer service is just not what it used to be.

I had to find a strapless bra for my wedding dress a couple of years ago and it took me a few weeks to do so. I did get lucky and find one at Target, but the strap in back is a bit to high for my dress, so it does show a tad. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until the morning of my wedding, which was way to late; so I had to live with it.

Wonderful! Thank you so much for all of the advice. I agree, it is difficult to find decent bras for smaller busts. I realized recently that all of my current bras are at least 7 years old. It's time to replace them and I dread bra shopping. Ugh!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:07 pm 
Double double, toil and trouble

I'm a 36-A, and I recently bought two really nice bras at The Gap for around $16 each. They usually run almost $40, but they always have a sale rack, and they carry a couple of different styles of strapless/strap-optional bras!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

chop_socky wrote:
I'm a 36-A, and I recently bought two really nice bras at The Gap for around $16 each. They usually run almost $40, but they always have a sale rack, and they carry a couple of different styles of strapless/strap-optional bras!

Yay! Most of my current bras are from The Gap. I like the simplicity and comfort. I'm headed over to The Gap tomorrow... Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:51 pm 
Human Gravy

Now that I am an A-cup I plan to never wear a strapless bra again.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 am 
Tofu Pup

Allison, not Alison wrote:
Now that I am an A-cup I plan to never wear a strapless bra again.

Congrats but how.. me still waiting for this..