| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moom?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:47 pm 
Inflexitarian

Has anybody tried Moom? http://www.amazon.com/Moom-Organic-Remo ... hpc_text_c

I want an animal-friendly and effective solution besides shaving..I barely have time to put her down to shower, let alone shave my legs every other day! (She's quite content sitting with me..sitting in a seat so mommy can shave? Nope)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

Post subject: Re: Moom?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Shanti wrote:
Has anybody tried Moom? http://www.amazon.com/Moom-Organic-Remo ... hpc_text_c

I want an animal-friendly and effective solution besides shaving..I barely have time to put her down to shower, let alone shave my legs every other day! (She's quite content sitting with me..sitting in a seat so mommy can shave? Nope)

I haven't tried this brand, but I've tried sugaring (which is what this is) and waxing. I guess I'm a huge baby, because it was a bit too much pain and hassle for me to do myself. :( You would definitely need baby-free time to do this, but it would certainly last longer than shaving! If you have a decent pain threshold, I'd give it a shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:01 am 
Chip Strong

I've tried it, and it's pretty much the same as the sugar wax that I made myself for a lot cheaper. I don't think it's worth buying, unless you're really into convenience.

Make sure you have a block of time of around two hours the first time you try it. I eventually gave up on sugaring and went back to shaving. Sugaring is definitely cheaper and (probably) better for the environment overall, but it takes a lot of practice to get it to work properly and last long enough to make it worthwhile. I didn't have the patience.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:51 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've bought it a few times. I like sugaring because I can rinse the strips and reuse them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:24 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

yeah, I use it all the time. It's not the only brand I buy, but I like it. I love sugaring, I've done it for years. Like fatcat said, it's cool because there is almost no waste. Plus, the hairs grow back so fine and soft.

I've heard about making your own sugaring "wax," but I've never tried it. I'm sure it would be quite cheaper, because moom can be pretty pricey when it's not on sale.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

Indeed it is pricey but it works pretty well for me. The pre-made strips are easier to use and good if you are in a time bind or aren't used to waxing/sugaring. The sugar and fabric strips are reusable but take some practice to get used to

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ailee wrote:
Indeed it is pricey but it works pretty well for me. The pre-made strips are easier to use and good if you are in a time bind or aren't used to waxing/sugaring. The sugar and fabric strips are reusable but take some practice to get used to

The pre-made strips aren't vegan, FYI, they contain beeswax. Unfortunately I don't know of any pre-made strips that are vegan but I haven't researched it very much.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles