| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Oh, Pretty Vegan - help me build a vegan beauty blog!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

missmuffcake wrote:
I read it here, who sourced it from LH:
http://www.mybeautybunny.com

Second time this week the site has given me crappy info.

Out of curiosity, what was the other bad info? I follow mybeautybunny on facebook and it would suck to think they're giving out bad info.

I have a lot of strong feelings about LH that I don't want to post on a public forum, though I posted a bit of those feelings on here before, I don't recall what thread though.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 am 
Baking In The Flavor

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Yeah, PM don't fully grasp the vegan thing. I should probably have pointed that out when I reposted the email, my mistake. PM love their beeswax, I go to a PM school and one of the big talking points they give is that all their hair colors have a beeswax base. They do have a lot of vegan products though, just not so much in the paste/wax/pomade department.

yeah they do have tons of vegan stuff & at least it's only keratin, lanolin, & beeswax to look out for;) and the PM shines are vegan:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

jessilikewhoa wrote:

Out of curiosity, what was the other bad info? I follow mybeautybunny on facebook and it would suck to think they're giving out bad info.

She listed Pixi stuff as vegan - not vegan after I bought stuff & then had to contacted the company.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 am 
Baking In The Flavor

missmuffcake wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:

She listed Pixi stuff as vegan - not vegan after I bought stuff & then had to contacted the company.

i remeber that post...i think the response she got from pixi stated they were vegan, but i checked ingredients somewhere & there was carmine & beeswax, maybe lanolin:(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:30 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

sharky wrote:

i remeber that post...i think the response she got from pixi stated they were vegan, but i checked ingredients somewhere & there was carmine & beeswax, maybe lanolin:(

Yup! She could have read the ingredients, the main one she stated as vegan has lanolin in the top 10 ingredients.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I double check everything. In the past few months I've seen a company market beeswax based lipsticks as vegan, and there was that post on here about a new cosmetics line saying it was all vegan that has beeswax, as well as I think carmine.

That's ridiculous though for a CF blogger to state something is vegan without checking ingredients his/herself. Grrr.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

jessilikewhoa wrote:

That's ridiculous though for a CF blogger to state something is vegan without checking ingredients his/herself. Grrr.

That is what got me too. I thought I could take her advice, go buy a black liner and be cool. I still read the ingredients but when someone who knows what 'vegan' is and states something is vegan I go for that product.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I double check everything. In the past few months I've seen a company market beeswax based lipsticks as vegan, and there was that post on here about a new cosmetics line saying it was all vegan that has beeswax, as well as I think carmine.

i still see motives cosmetics listed as vegan on a couple of blogs. i ordered from them & the lipstick had beeswax in it. there were no ingredient on the eyeshadow, and nothing listed online. seriously, the ONE TIME i bought stuff without seeing an ingredients list & i had to send it all back;/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:19 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Here is another company to add to the list: Willa - sold at Target aimed at kids (but I am tempted by the wipes for my gym bag). http://willaskincare.com/

---------------------

No.

Amy from the willa® team

On Jul 24, 2012, at 7:49 PM, kendy p wrote:

> From: missmuffcake
> Subject: New message me from willaskincare.com
>
> Message Body:
> do your products contain animal or insect ingredients?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Paul Mitchell posted on facebook addressing the rumors that they're selling in China
Quote:
Many of our fans have asked about our cruelty-free policy and whether or not we will be expanding our distribution into China. Since Paul Mitchell was founded in 1980, we have been cruelty-free. We do not conduct or condone animal testing on our products, and we will not attempt to market our products in China until alternatives to animal testing have been accepted by the government. We are honored and encouraged to be working with China to bring about positive change. Paul Mitchell always has been and always will be cruelty-free!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Good for PM!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:49 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

It would be nice to have a collection of swatches for stuff like eye shadows. While searching around for photos of different Dazzle Dusts, I kept finding all these pictures that were either blurry, had some kind of colour cast or fluorescent lighting going on, and were often showing people with cool skin tones so it's really hard to tell how they would actually look in daylight.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

ok, so i just got the weirdest response ever to my questions regarding animal testing....here's what i wrote:

Hello! Are your finished products or raw ingredients tested on animals? Thank you!

and here's what i got back:

Of course! Genus: HOMO Species: SAPIENS
Note: Both of the doctors who invented all of our products, and own this company, enjoy both steak and hamburgers, on occasion. This is not dissimilar to the diet of their forbears going back to the time of the Neanderthals, of which they may be directly descended. As they live in a modern world, they do not have access to the consumption of predatory animals, which would undoubtedly render them stronger and swifter.
You get the idea, n’est-ce pas?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:40 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

What the heck?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:40 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Wow, really curious as to which company that is.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 am 
Baking In The Flavor

lobsteriffic wrote:
Wow, really curious as to which company that is.

it was R&S Reasearch...they had a nail product at dermstore i was interested in trying. not anymore:p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

sharky wrote:
ok, so i just got the weirdest response ever to my questions regarding animal testing....here's what i wrote:

Hello! Are your finished products or raw ingredients tested on animals? Thank you!

Note: Both of the doctors who invented all of our products, and own this company, enjoy both steak and hamburgers, on occasion. This is not dissimilar to the diet of their forbears going back to the time of the Neanderthals, of which they may be directly descended. As they live in a modern world, they do not have access to the consumption of predatory animals, which would undoubtedly render them stronger and swifter.

what, are they Paleo? I stil don't see why that means they have to test on animals.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:46 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I was at Sephora over the weekend looking for the new UD foundations. The rep said they did not have them displayed but started showing me them, I asked her about the paw print - because when I checked they were not identified as vegan yet (this could have changed)....She goes on and on about the bunny logo, I am like 'the bunny logo is on all the products even the nonvegan stuff' she does not believe me looks, sees that I am right and gets all pissy. I am sooooooo forking sorry I know about vegan products more than you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I haven't seen the paw print on the website for the new UD foundations, but someone asked on the UD facebook page and UD said yes they are vegan. I'd still double check though, 'cause people are stupid.

The reviews I've read haven't been very good though, I keep hearing they're super sheer and watery.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:10 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

They now have the paw print...I am disappointed to hear they are crappy. All of UD face stuff has been sheer and not really good coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I tested out a sample of Paula's Choice Best Face Forward foundation today, and over primer it held up well and didn't sink into my pores or rub off on my cell phone. It's not heavy coverage, but it's decent, and the price is great. I ordered a full sized bottle.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

missmuffcake wrote:
They now have the paw print...I am disappointed to hear they are crappy. All of UD face stuff has been sheer and not really good coverage.

Here is a positive review for them, so I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I might just ask for a sample at Sephora!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 pm 
WELFARIST!

Months later but....

Quote:
Dear Consumer,

Thank you for contacting us. Our entire V05 line is completely vegan friendly. We appreciate your feedback and support of VO5 hair care. Please visit www.VO5haircare.com for promotional offers and discounts. We periodically offer coupons in Sunday newspapers. Please look out for them in the near future. For additional questions please email consumerrelations@highridgebrands.com. Thank you again for choosing VO5.

Sincerely,

The Team at High Ridge Brands

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

sharky wrote:

Wow. What a jerk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next