| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dyson vacuums - pethairs - cordless
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:54 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

so my house came with a built-in vacuum, how do you call those darn things again. Anyway I hate it, it has a hose a mile long and it's a pain in the neck to carry that thing out of the garage (no space for it in the house) and up the stairs. My Bella sheds constantly, I sweep twice a day sometimes (I can see the dog hairs flying over the broom, settling back where I just swept) and it still looks like I don't do a thing. We have one room left with carpet, the family room, which has a shag carpet. OK, it's not a shag, but as soon as the dog's gone on it it looks like a shag!

I've been looking for a small vacuum that sucks well, haha, easy to carry up the stairs. Cordless would be nice but I know that can be an issue. Been drooling over the dyson 35, cordless, hand held but with a wand. Anyone has one, does it work well? They are sooo pricey but it looks like it would make my life easier, or is this just great advertising?

I need something I can use to do one room at a time, picks up dog hair from a carpet, and does the entrance way and kitchen in a snap. I could do one room in the morning and one in the evening since the battery only lasts minutes if I had a Dyson.

Does anyone recommend another vacuum that would do the job? If it isn't cordless that's fine too.

Post subject: Re: Dyson vacuums - pethairs - cordless
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I have one of the non-cordless dyson pet hair vacuums and it's great. It was really expensive, but it's easy to use and works very well on dog hair. I don't have stairs, so can't speak to carrying it up and down stairs, but it's not hard to move from room to room. The cord retracts automatically, which is a feature I enjoy.

Post subject: Re: Dyson vacuums - pethairs - cordless
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 am 
WRETCHED

I looked for a cordless vacuum a while ago and they aren't as good, obviously. They are really meant for touch ups between vacuuming. I think I read that the Hoover ones was one of the best cordless, especially on carpet.