| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thongs....Love Em or Hate Em?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

coldandsleepy wrote:
I am learning so much about everyone's butts from this thread.

i feel like some version of this should be a tagline for PPK: The Complete Box Set.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:31 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

What the hell is a cheeky hipster?

ETA, fine. I googled. I like those too.

If anyone ever tells me they want me to wear a thong, I'm going to tell them to get themselves on that germ superhighway to anusland and leave me alone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ive been scrolling through undy websites and Im pretty sure I wont wear anything other than a full microfiber brief. The bum and the belly needs to be covered all the way around! Hipsters, bikinis, thongs, and everything just cant do that. They are all too small in shape, but they are cute.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:46 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't understand how anyone can wear cheeky hipsters ever. They are cute but how can that be comfortable for anyone? Don't get it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 pm 
Human Gravy

strawberryrock wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can wear cheeky hipsters ever. They are cute but how can that be comfortable for anyone? Don't get it!

I like the cheeky hipster (though I admit I had to google it to connect the image to the name). I think it's another one of those things that works best if you have a smaller bum.

ETA: and by "smaller bum" I mean no hips/the body of a preteen... this isn't to make myself sound good...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:53 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Allison, not Alison wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

I like the cheeky hipster (though I admit I had to google it to connect the image to the name). I think it's another one of those things that works best if you have a smaller bum.

ETA: and by "smaller bum" I mean no hips/the body of a preteen... this isn't to make myself sound good...

That makes sense! I guess I just have too much asparagus. I get so sad when cute underwear is cheeky because I know it will make me crazy if I try and wear it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm 
Dead by dawn

strawberryrock wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

That makes sense! I guess I just have too much asparagus. I get so sad when cute underwear is cheeky because I know it will make me crazy if I try and wear it.

I dunno, I'm all hips and bum and they work. They crawl all up in my business if I try to sleep in them, but otherwise no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 am 
Married to the wolfman

I have wide hips but a flattish asparagus (the best of all worlds, am I right?) and I find cheeky hipsters pretty much stay in place on me.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 am 
Ninja Master

I like thongs and I like bikini brief style knickers. I alternate between the two. I hate massive granny pants but I do have some that I wear now and then.

Oh and I hate boy shorts on me. Some women look great in them, I am sadly not one of those women. And they give me the mutha of all wedgies, not comfy.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:07 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I like thongs but i usually wear high waist-ed control top pantaloons:
I think they are sexy in their own right.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I live in a country that rarely sees sun so give me the granny pants for extra warmth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fupapack wrote:
I like thongs but i usually wear high waist-ed control top pantaloons:
I think they are sexy in their own right.

Those are sexy!

I think the trick to granny pantaloons is that they have to be microfiber and seamless to work properly. Cotton granny pantaloons just don't work on anyone. They aren't smooth enough to wear under anything and wedge easily. Mine look like these but not so high waisted.I buy mine from Lane Bryant, but I can't seem to find them on their website which makes me nervous cause I could use some new undies and if they don't make them anymore I'll be upset!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i hated thongs til i started wearing them. now they're part of the rotation- along with men's boxers, normal hipsters, some fancypants tanga type things.... i don't find them any more uncomfortable than anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

strawberryrock wrote:

i have way more of an asparagus than you do, and the cheeky hipsters are fine. (as long as they're not worn long-term that is. they're short-term sexy-undies for ample posteriors. i bet they'd get destroyed super quickly by the stress of sitting down if worn all day... yet another reason for my wearing thongs. there's no fabric being pulled in opposite directions by the action of sitting.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

How is there no fabric being pulled with thongs? Every time I move in those things the string just goes farther and farther up my bum until I have to dig it out of my front parts. Frontal wedgies are worse than asparagus crack wedgies!

Plus I don't know abut anyone else, but when you are larger you don't have an asparagus crack you have a cravace. If something gets in there it's hard to get out and there is a likely chance it will never be seen again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:00 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i'm talking about how with fabric back there, when we sit, the wide piece of fabric will have stress put on it. (you know, cause of the spreading... sideways.) there's no sideways stress being put on thongs.

i don't know what to say about the front wedgie. :-) maybe in that case, the thong was too large?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 pm 
WELFARIST!

I love them and they're pretty much all I wear (under my pants, obviously). I don't get a wedgie feeling from them nor do I feel sexy or horny. They're just the most comfortable type of underwear for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:19 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I'm thin, but not scrawny, and I HATE thongs. I wore them in high school because other girls insisted that guys like them. Then no guy I dated ever liked them, and I said "good, cause I don't like the feeling of having my butt flossed!" and never wore them again.
To clarify, I realize most thong wearers wear them for personal preference. I'm just saying I only wore them as a body-conscious teen trying to impress boys with my underwear, which was silly of me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:24 am 
ugh

GraciaKai wrote:
Frontal wedgies are worse than asparagus crack wedgies!

This is the problem I have with most thongs, as well as any underwear that has a seam down the center (like boyshorts often do). Even the supposedly magical Hanky Panky variety always seem to get up in my business.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I remember being in high school and thongs were becoming all the rage. A couple girls got sent home for wearing them cause they poked out of their pants. I was really good friends with a guy at that time who told me I should wear them because they were hot and guys liked them. I told him to suck it and that I didn't give a damn what guys liked. My asparagus needs to be comfortable!

Do you remember when those satin underwear were popular around the same time? They had elastic stretchy sides but a full front and back. Ugh, those were the worst. I slept at a friends house one night and forgot to pack clothes so I borrowed a pair of hers and I remember thinking they were the worst freaking underwear in the whole world. I may take a thong over those! Like these...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Oh! the string bikini pantaloons! I wore those all the time for some reason. They're dumb and they made my hips look pudgy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thongs are uncomfortable for me, and I don't like the feeling of no fabric between my butt and clothing. Thong underwear makes me feel like my butt is exposed, even though it's covered by pants or a skirt/dress. My favorite kind of underwear are microfiber hipsters.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I've decided that it is the amount of grooming necessary before wearing a thong is what I am against.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:10 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I saw some mention about the comfort of different types of underwears in bed...it did not occur to me that one would. Do you all wear underwears in bed?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I wear underwear and pj pants to bed. And my hubby yells at me all the time. He doesnt understand why I wear both. But if I wear pants with no undies then the pants ride up my bum, no good. And if I just wear undies then my thighs get hot and sweaty from touching, no good. So its both!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next