| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Polishable comfortable professional quality shoes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I don't know where to find unisex looking comfortable shoes that can take a polish, at least outside of Payless and I want something more quality then that.

These might work IF they aren't too wide. They are mens shoes which can be too wide for me. I'd have to try them on I guess. http://compare.ebay.com/like/1404486519 ... 602_304662

Any other ideas? I've not seen something useful on vegetarian shoes. I need brown preferably but its possible that black would work eventually.

Most of the good quality vegan shoes I see are super girly or fabric. There is some company that makes fancy mens shoes vegan I saw but I need something more casual than that.

Post subject: Re: Polishable comfortable professional quality shoes?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:59 am 
Saggy Butt

i guess im not really sure exactly what style of shoes you are looking for. are they for work? do you want something pretty close to the ones you posted (with laces, all brown with brown soles?) or just something "unisex professional" or more masculine professional? the ones you posted are pretty casual, do you want something dressier or casual?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:55 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

lindsayh wrote:
i guess im not really sure exactly what style of shoes you are looking for. are they for work? do you want something pretty close to the ones you posted (with laces, all brown with brown soles?) or just something "unisex professional" or more masculine professional? the ones you posted are pretty casual, do you want something dressier or casual?

Well, the shoes for work are called walking shoes and are leather. Casual but leather. I'm trying to recreate that well enough so the uniform fashion police don't pick up on it, but you know, not leather. Actually they kinda look like old lady orthopedic shoes, like this but without the lines on the side http://www.healthyshoestore.com/pw-mino ... brace.html

Now, I've actually heard that they aren't ACTUALLY leather, they only say they are in the catalog. So I could take the chance and order them and see what comes, but it could be actual leather after all.

At some point I'll try and get a real picture of the shoes but I can't access the catalog right now since I've not started work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:04 pm 
WRETCHED

I think you are looking for 'oxfords' so if you google vegan oxfords, you might find some ideas.

I don't know if you buy mens shoes normally, but they tend to be wider unless you can get a narrow version.