| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Vegan Skin Care
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:55 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, check the clearance shelf for derma-e! All of my derma-e products are from the clearance shelf of either Ulta or the health food store and I really like them all. They make one for zitty skin if that's what you need.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:01 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

mrsbadmouth wrote:
They make one for zitty skin if that's what you need.

:)

no, I actually like the super emollient ones. I put on a ridiculously thick layer, let it soak in for a bit, then put on more. Don't know why, really, I just like to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So, what does everyone like for hand moisturizer? I am not loving the super dry, mummified look of my hands this winter.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 pm 
Stepford Vegan

lush's sympathy for the skin is nice for the hands. i do not like anything that leaves me super greasy. also i carry around the trader joe's hand lotion in my purse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Awe... I was all excited to try Sympathy for the Skin but I'm allergic to bananas. Sad trombone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Try Lush Dream Cream! It's great. Also, I know it's a bath lotion or whatever, but I've been using Ro's Argan as a hand cream (just the backs of my hands, not my palms) and it's super moisturizing.

The other lotion I love lately is by Pacifica. I found a bottle at tj maxx and was an instant convert. Not greasy, smells great, really moisturizing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I was really stoked to check out REN's skincare at Sephora today since discovering they are cruelty free and vegan-friendly, but I did not like the way their anti-aging creams smelled at all. The search continues!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:37 am 
Tofu Pup

I recommend Lush Dream CreamImage, he helped me a lot times when I had a problems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've tried Dream Cream, it's not bad! I need to go back and try out some more hand lotions (as well as face moisturizers too). Since I have allergies to bananas and avocado it makes it even harder to find stuff, as they seem common in the more natural products.

In other news, I've been using Lush's Parsley Porridge soap with my Clairsonic and I can't believe how good my skin is looking! This stuff is seriously fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I found a Yes To Coconuts hand lotion at Target today. It smells nice and isn't greasy. It does have a weird sentiment about hand holding on the package though. I don't want anyone to hold my hand, I would just like for my skin to not be dry and painful, thanks though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

peanut wrote:
I don't want anyone to hold my hand, I would just like for my skin to not be dry and painful, thanks though.

i can't decide whether i want this to be the tagline for my biopic or the title. or maybe i should save it as a b-side to "please don't," the guaranteed breakthrough single by my beatles demurral band.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:51 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

acr wrote:
peanut wrote:
I don't want anyone to hold my hand, I would just like for my skin to not be dry and painful, thanks though.

i can't decide whether i want this to be the tagline for my biopic or the title. or maybe i should save it as a b-side to "please don't," the guaranteed breakthrough single by my beatles demurral band.

Ha!
Reading it back, it sounds like a page straight out of the Grumpy Cat book.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

acr wrote:
peanut wrote:

Har! This just made me laugh so hard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I got a sample of Arbonne FC5 hand creme and it's one of the best I've tried. I didn't care for their other products, but I'll definitely be buying some of this one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:30 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Does anyone have any recommendations for stress acne? My face is a mess right now. My skin is usually combination with acne but lately it's gotten insane and I'm pretty sure it's due to stress.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:29 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I have been using the REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash for nearly a dozen years now I reckon ... if they cease making it ... surely they won't ... do not read much about REN here but I have always found their products to be lovely ... a little goes a long way ... their T-zone control cleanser is a big fav of mine.

Anne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:41 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've been using North American Hemp Co face wash and unscented body lotion. I have psoriasis so have to be really careful about skin products. I have been cleaning my face with a konjac sponge with the face wash and feel like it has made a difference to stubborn dry patches. I also use Simple as it doesn't irritate my skin and is cheap and widely available. For really dry patches on my face I like Barefoot Botanicals SOS face and body cream.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 pm 

I don't know about NA Hemp Co, but Simple products are definitely not vegan.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:21 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Simple is owned by unilever but its skincare doesn't use animal products and they don't test. Its a parent company issue, which has been debated before so I won't get into it again. NA Hemp Co has "cruelty free and vegan" written on the packaging.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:45 pm 

Some of their stuff does have animal ingredients, and they are not on My Beauty Bunny's CF list and Logical Harmony has them on the 'brands to avoid' list, both of those lists make allowances for parent company issues with an annotation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:39 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I apologise if it was not your intention, but I felt like there was a bit of snark with your first reply (I am new here and I understand that it is hard to convey tone via written message).

Another Irish poster talked about using Simple in a previous post a few pages back. I am not trying to be defensive, but for my situation at the moment (skin problems, limited budget, availability etc) I feel like I am doing the best I can. I don't really want to engage further with the topic.

Please proceed business as normal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 am 

Whoa boy. It's none of my business if you clean your face with a lard and honey mask daily, but if someone posts something and I see it (aka, I did not see the previous post about Simple) and I know it's not vegan, i'm just going to say it's not vegan. It's the same as food products, if we're discussing vegan food and someone recommends a food and it isn't vegan, i'm just going to say it's not vegan. You can do and use whatever you want, but the product recommendations should be kept to stuff you know is vegan and cruelty-free. And if you aren't sure if something is, just ask. It's information, not a judgement.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

A blogger convinced me to start washing my face with aleppo/olive oil soap. The aleppo soap was demoted to hand-and-shower use after about a week. It's fine, if a little drying, but normal cleanser feels better to me.

I've started using a cheap no-alcohol toner that's little more than water and glycerin, and it DOES help keep my face looking dewy throughout the day. Yay for cheap, easily replicated fixes.

Planning to make some vitamin C serum soon. Any success/failure stories with homemade vitamin C serum?

blog: Jaunty Dame

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:52 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Rebekah, someone, maybe my dermatologist a few doctors ago, suggested misting my face with saline solution, plus whatever scent I like. I keep a little spray bottle and it works great (especially in the winter when I have lots of rosacea attacks and need to cool off). It also makes me a bit more aware of washing my face at night, which I tend to forget about. I put a drop of some essential oil in it, or this time, i put in about a third rosewater.

I'd love to hear about the Vit c thing but my skin has been so good lately (i am still thanking the clarisonic) that I am afraid to rock the boat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:09 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

torque wrote:
Rebekah, someone, maybe my dermatologist a few doctors ago, suggested misting my face with saline solution, plus whatever scent I like. I keep a little spray bottle and it works great (especially in the winter when I have lots of rosacea attacks and need to cool off). It also makes me a bit more aware of washing my face at night, which I tend to forget about. I put a drop of some essential oil in it, or this time, i put in about a third rosewater.

I'd love to hear about the Vit c thing but my skin has been so good lately (i am still thanking the clarisonic) that I am afraid to rock the boat.

Interesting! Why saline? Could I make my own with plain old saltwater, what do you do? What scents do you like? Is the rosewater more effective, or only more pleasant? I'm all ears!

As to vitamin C serum, there's a ton of information out there; here's one thorough/overwhelming explanation. Like you, I'm not ready to rock the boat--- starting a new job soon month, and my current medication/care setup already backfires occasionally, leaving me with SERIOUS flakiness all around my mouth and chin. The last time it happened, I yelped out loud when I caught a glimpse of my reflection.

blog: Jaunty Dame

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next