| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Vegan Skin Care
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

la vie sale wrote:
I just love my argan oil for moisturizer. And makes my foundation go on smooooth like buttah.

I only use it at night - but argan is my go to. I love the stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ooh I like argan oil too. Evening primrose oil is also a favorite right now.

I started using Weleda almond cleansing cream in the AM and I really like it. Also I periodically use homemade vitamin C serum and I started doing that again. Right now I'm making a gel that is just aloe gel, distilled water, and vitamin c powder. My skin was really dry and flaky for a while so I was afraid to mess with it, but the minute it starts behaving again I start fooling around with stuff again haha.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Limone wrote:
I know squeezing can be gross, but I've found that if you steam your face well first and use an extraction tool (this is the one I have) they tend to come out easier, and despite it being sort of gross it's cool to watch.

Oh god, I looked up a video on youtube of someone using one of those and it was so gross and I need one ASAP.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

We might have watched the same youtube video. It was gross/fascinating/also made me want one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:43 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I am also looking for a good liquid eye make up remover that I can use to take off my 5 lbs of eye makeup

Kidding...sorta. My mascara tends to build up and get all gross.

I used to use a great lancome one, and a clinique one, but avoiding those brands.

Wipes are NOT doing the job.

Any reccomendations? Something that is good at removing, not burny, and vegan :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

derma e is good, and mario badescu oil free...i like ones i can just put on my fingers so i don't have to use cotton. also, someone posted a recipe for homemade eye makeup remover that looked awesome & easy! the creamy bwc one burned my eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

oh and klorane...all the stuff they sell in the US is vegan:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I use a lot of black liner and mascara. I switched over to using pure jojoba oil to get all my makeup off last month. It is great!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I use plain old coconut oil to take off all my makeup. I just started last month in a fit of cheapness- I ran out of Josie maran cleansing oil and had coconut oil in the kitchen so I tried it. It works surprisingly well! I do a double cleanse so coconut oil to take off all makeup, let it sit for a few minutes then remove with hot water and muslin cloth. Follow with cleanser because my face would break out like mad if I left coconut oil residue on it. I have heard nice things about jojoba oil as missmuffcake recommended too- I just didn't have jojoba around the house to try.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Oooohhh using an oil is really appealing to me! Natural and I would think that it would not burn, and although my skin is oily some places, on the eyes is not a problem! Thanks Ladies :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 pm 
WRETCHED

Almond oil would be another one but I have almond, jojoba and argan. If I leave coconut oil on my face, it'll break out but almond has been pretty gentle and so has argan. I mostly use jojoba on my ears.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I use a Beauty Without Cruelty eye makeup remover. It's the clear one. I dont wear heavy eye makeup, just mineral eyeshadow/liner and maybe mascara, so i don't know how strong it is. But! I love it, and it doesnt irritate my eyes.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:23 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

ashley wrote:
I need a solution to my clogged pores/blackheads. Something other than squeezing the shiitake out of my skin, which I know is horrible. I don't really get pimples (I happen to have one right now, but they are rare), but my pores on my nose are gross. I generally have oily skin. I know next to nothing about this stuff. Help?

forgot about john masters organics...the bearberry products are for oily/combo skin...i have only used the serum, it works & is a lot gentler than other similar products:) http://www.johnmasters.com/ok.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I only use oils as moisturizer lately and love how quickly absorbed and awesome jojoba feels. I use jojoba and now argan on my face and haven't had any breakouts. Sometimes I go crazy and use coconut or even shea butter on my face but I have broken out that way at times. They are also great on my lips.

From what I've heard jojoba won't break you out at all, and can help you actually make less oil so you could break out less.

I've been using jojoba followed with shea or coconut or cocoa butter on my hands and they have been the softest ever! I want to make my own oil mixes for all my skin now, but in the summer I guess it would all be liquid (and jojoba isn't necessarily good for sun, it can amplify sun apparently).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I jumped on the Clarisonic bandwagon. I've been using it for a week and I like how clean and smooth my skin feels.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 am 
Tofu Pup

First time posting but long time lurker...

I switched from Origins (when they got bought by Estee Lauder) to Juice Beauty (who has recently started selling in China) and now need to find yet again another vegan skin care regimen. I have sensitive skin and what I think is mild rosacea, so what I am looking for is something oil free and sensitive. I am accustomed to using cleanser, toner/serum, moisturizer and weekly treatments like masks or peels. Any help with products would be AMAZING!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

have you looked into Mychelle or PureCeuticals?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

Nope. Googling those now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:26 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Since you're in LA, check out Osea as well:

http://www.oseamalibu.com/

They are super high quality products and since you are local I bet there's a shop that will sample them for you.

If you are sampling mychelle, be careful with the peels and scrubs. The ones i have tried do work but they are very harsh. But if your skin does ok with the juice green apple peel regular strength you'd probably be ok with the mychelle peels.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

jambot wrote:
First time posting but long time lurker...

I switched from Origins (when they got bought by Estee Lauder) to Juice Beauty (who has recently started selling in China) and now need to find yet again another vegan skin care regimen. I have sensitive skin and what I think is mild rosacea, so what I am looking for is something oil free and sensitive. I am accustomed to using cleanser, toner/serum, moisturizer and weekly treatments like masks or peels. Any help with products would be AMAZING!!

I was planning on trying Boscia next. It's sold at Sephora, not tested on animals, and vegan. At least, so says everything I've read on the internet so far.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I have Roseacea and I'm also in the 30's and should take better care of my skin group. But I just don't know how. All I've figured out is that anything for acne triggers breakouts, as does anything with petrochemicals. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but I used every product the dermatologist recommended, and using nothing worked better. So I stopped going. I started using petrochemical free (or as close as possible as I can get) and that's better. I currently put a tiny bit of unscented Avalon Organics moisturizer on my face, it's actually the hand and body one, and that works ok, but I have to skip a day once a week. I also haven't found anything I can put on at night without breaking out. I alternate the Avalon organics with a Deep Sea Moisturizer I think it's by Dead Sea Salt, or something like that I forgot the name. I really don't know what to use. I'd like something with an SPF too cause I currently don't wear an SPF. I used to wear Neutrogenia SPF, which amazingly didn't make me break out, but I also only ever wore it to the beach, and was in the water 30 min after putting it on. So I don't know if it was on long enough.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:31 pm 
Saggy Butt

Is this vegan?
ingredients: water/aqua/eau, pentylene glycol, glycosaminoglycans, acetyl hexapeptide-3, laminaria saccharina extract, glutathione, macryocystic pyrifera extract, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium hyaluronate, fragrance/ parfum, methyl gluceth-20, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspoly- mer, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, tetrasodium edta, limonene, chlorphenesin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

Above product is philosophy when hope is not enough serum. This is what philosophy's website says so I think it's ok.

for your reference, our product development team has confirmed that the only philosophy products containing ingredients derived from animals are as follows: pure grace shower cream (contains hydrolyzed milk protein), amazing grace shampoo, bath & shower gel (contains hydrolyzed milk protein) and kiss me lip balms (contain lanolin). all other philosophy products contain ingredients that are of botanical or synthetic origin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Coty owns Philosophy now, so it depends on how you feel about parent company issues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 pm 
Saggy Butt

Sigh. Well I guess I won't buy it again. (this was already in my cabinet).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next