| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Amy wrote:
I would've liked the 100% Pure eyeshadow in any of their lighter shades, but I got Bora Bora which doesn't look good on me and seems like a waste. I wish we could choose among a few colors! But I guess that would be tricky.

i got belize (which is a really light shade) and i don't really think i'll use it. i have plenty of lighter shades in my palettes and this isn't anything particularly unique. would you want it?

i got the may box today, and it was fine i guess, but after several months in a row of not really being wowed, i think i'm going to cancel.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My box is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I think this is going to be the deciding box. I can't keep wasting money hoping it'll one day get better.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:58 pm 

So I'm going to cancel. I don't use sea salt spray, the tooth whitener is weird and I don't know if I'll end up using it and the lip gloss is fine except the color is ugly. The blemish peel thing I might use but it said "flushing and tingling are normal" but that doesn't sound like a fun time to me. Overall, I almost never use the products they send me, I still don't think there's anything I would buy a full size of (maybe the Suki stuff) and the colors are never great or are super similar. I'd rather save that $15 and get something I know I want or try out a different monthly box.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:48 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I wish there was a box that was just...vegan things. Like, not just food and not just beauty. Or i'd take a food one if it wasn't like Vegan Cuts where I know they're gonna send me fitness water and chickpea snacks every friggin' month.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:23 pm 

bluedawg wrote:
Amy wrote:
I would've liked the 100% Pure eyeshadow in any of their lighter shades, but I got Bora Bora which doesn't look good on me and seems like a waste. I wish we could choose among a few colors! But I guess that would be tricky.

i got belize (which is a really light shade) and i don't really think i'll use it. i have plenty of lighter shades in my palettes and this isn't anything particularly unique. would you want it?

Sure! Do you want me to PayPal you for shipping? If you're interested in Bora Bora, which I did swatch on the back of my hand (hands were clean!), you're welcome to it.

I actually have a full size of the Smart Ash tooth whitener. I didn't stick with it long enough to see if it really worked (I'm inspired to try again though), but I do know it will make your toothbrush look disgusting, just fyi.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm 

Agreed, MBM! I'd be all over that as long as it was executed well.

I tried the tooth whitener last night because I don't like just not trying things. I used a different toothbrush because I didn't want to stain my spinbrush black. I didn't even open it before black powder got everywhere, opening it only made worse, no matter how slowly and carefully I opened it. I couldn't get my brush in the container because it was too small so I dipped the tip in it. It made my teeth look like I was brushing with Oreo's. The taste was normal but off- I don't know how else to describe it. Even spitting it out, black gets everywhere. I think this product is messy and I'm way too lazy to use it.

I looked into subscribing to LaRitzy but it looks like pretty much the same stuff as PV.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I wish there was a box that was just...vegan things. Like, not just food and not just beauty.

this is why i miss vegan presence.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:22 pm 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
It made my teeth look like I was brushing with Oreo's.

Hahaha. Now that I think of it, laziness is why I stopped using it. You reminded me of the sink cleanup, and having to brush my teeth a third time with regular toothpaste to get rid of all the black on them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am 

I finally tried the Juice Beauty peel thingy today. As soon as I put it on it was "ouch ouch ouch" and it reminded me that I have a cut on my finger. After the initial stinging though, it went away and it just felt like something weird was on my face. It didn't say how to wash it off so I just used water...I hope that's right. I don't know if it worked or did anything though. I don't even know what it's supposed to do really.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24