| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

i tried the face/body polish last night on my face. it is way to harsh. i do not like super fine grit like this. i feel i can never get it off completely.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:37 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I actually didn't find it very fine- the granules were large and made it harsher in my opinion. I used it up on my body but wasn't too impressed.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:24 pm 

well, whatever the texture i did not like it. it felt to harsh.

i like the body butter - enough, the smell reminds me of something else i have tried recently.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:26 pm 
WRETCHED

I got a grey eyeliner which is fine for me as I don't normally wear makeup so it'll be subtle enough for me to try.

For the polish, I tried it on my body and I liked it but I don't think I'd buy it for myself. The body butter though is nice, perfect winter lotion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:31 pm 
protein lump

i'm pretty pleased with the january vegancuts box. everything in there is something i would likely have bought for myself or wanted to try. i haven't actually tried any of it yet since it just came this afternoon, but i'm pretty excited to check all of it out, especially the pit paste and the dew puff.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mine is waiting for me at home and the suspense is killing me.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:35 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Good to know! I'm subscribed to the Vegan Cuts youtube channel, and Melisser posted a video teaser where she showed one item, which is the Aubrey organics hair detangler which I really need right now (forking scarves) so i'm excited.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Huh. This month's box doesn't do much for me. I am excited for the detangler stuff and I'll use the shampoo and face cream samples. And the puff, I guess. But I won't use the pit paste and the liquid lipstick is pretty but the color I got, Plumas, is shimmery and I detest shimmery lip products. If anyone got a different, non-shimmery color and wants to swap, I'm your girl.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 am 

so the brow pencil is to light, if i layer it with a few swipes of my elf coffee my brows are good to go. i do like the texture & formula!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:33 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

If I don't like this month's Vegan Cuts I'm going to cancel. I like PV and Vegan Presence and don't need three boxes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:16 pm 

Okay, I got my VC box and i'm pretty happy about it. I know that konjac sponges are kind of a Big Thing right now so that's cool to try out. The Aubrey Organics detangler smells awful, like everything else i've ever tried from them, but i'll still use it. I also got Plumas for my lipstick and it doesn't look overly shimmery on. I'll use the deodorant, but not until it's warm out enough for solid deodorant to be really workable - I still have half a jar of the one we got in the second or third box because when it gets cold out it's impossible to dig out.

I need to put all of my samples in a little basket next to the shower so I actually remember to use them.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:23 pm 
protein lump

i tried the face cream last night and it started burning. so that was a no-go.

did the detangler this morning and while the shine boost was no lie, it didn't detangle very much. to be fair, my hair is really thick and the bottle says for fine hair, so maybe i've just got too much tangle for the stuff to deal with.

i like the lipstick (also got plumas). and i still like the deodorant. but, really, it's hard to tell too much since it's freezing and i'm not sweating at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm 

i saw that vc box has that shampoo set from the pv box a few months back that was not really good.

i gave my mom the scrub/polish from pv box. i think it is to rough for my skin...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

For those of you who got the BWC mascara in the January PV box, what did you think of it? I'm in the market for a new mascara.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

cat with a monocle wrote:
For those of you who got the BWC mascara in the January PV box, what did you think of it? I'm in the market for a new mascara.

I like it- if you like natural mascaras (i.e., not super dramatic) you would probably like this. It does flake a tiny bit on me at times, but nothing too terrible.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

My box came! I got a nice big tube of hand cream, a lip balm, a little deodorant stick, a little tub of hair stuff, a delicious smelling little lemongrass candle, and a full-size lipstick from Medusa's Makeup. I was pretty excited about the lipstick but it's another shimmery frosty color (Baroque, kind of a raspberry color) and my feelings for shimmery lip crepe are well established, so that's kind of disappointing on a personal preference level. Overall it's a nice box but I'm kind of wavering on keeping my subscription because there are only so many tubes of lip balm (none of which I have actually liked very much) and deodorant samples I need and I've already surpassed that number by a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I got two lip balms and no deodorant. I was pretty happy with this month's box. I like the hand cream, candle and Medusa'a lipsticks lot (I got Lolita, a darkish red.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

You know, I have to take it back. I actually like Baroque. On the lips, it's not nearly as frosty as it looks in the tube. It's actually pretty wearble. So that's a nice surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i love me some lip balm, but this time my flavor is horrifying: pickles & ice cream. i haaaaate pickles so while i appreciate the whimsy, i highly doubt this is a keeper for me. :D i might give it to my friend, whose baby shower i am throwing on saturday. heh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Whaaaat?? Pickles and ice cream?! Mine is mint cocolate truffle or something and it smells like toothpaste. I'd definitely pass that weirdo flavor along at the baby shower, where it's at least comically appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 am 

I think the lip balm smells like icy hot.

Blondie, the deodorant is in a chapstick tube, which is neat and it's totally going in my purse for emergencies, but Brian dropped the box in my lap when I was half asleep and I was rubbing it on my wrist and declaring it the shittiest solid perfume ever because I hadn't read the card.

I like this month's box, the hand cream is nice and the candle is nice and I like the lipstick. I am kind of sick of deodorant samples but at least those get used, no more lip balm. For the love of god.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Glad I only tried the mint chocolate lip balm then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 am 
protein lump

the tube that my deodorant came in doesn't go up. i can scoop it out with my finger, but meh. i like the lipstick and it's nice to have gotten a full size hand cream. i also got the mint lip balm so now i have at least 4 tubes of balm in every drawer in the house. and we have a lot of drawers…

i feel kind of meh about getting a candle.

i'm interested in the hair goop, but i don't know when i'll actually use it.

i had a 3-month subscription and this was my last month. i don't think i'm going to renew.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:49 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Blondie, the deodorant is in a chapstick tube, which is neat and it's totally going in my purse for emergencies, but Brian dropped the box in my lap when I was half asleep and I was rubbing it on my wrist and declaring it the shittiest solid perfume ever because I hadn't read the card.

I thought it was solid perfume at first too. And I was like, "uugh, this is terrible and the texture is really weird."

I thought about melting down some of the lip balms they've sent and mixing in a bit of lip tar to make tinted balms, but honestly I haven't liked any of them enough to want to keep rubbing them on my lips.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:04 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Petit Vour box this month was just ok. My favorite so far is the blush. I'm not crazy about Everyday Minerals in general, though I'm sure I'll use that powder for concealing or finishing eventually. The lip color is a pretty color but quite a dry texture.

I am not a huge fan of the tiny skincare sample sachets. The face tea seems ok, though I have steamed my face in the past not sure I'm a huge fan of the idea as I have a fear that it can cause broken blood vessels.

I'm a huge downer haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next