| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:37 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

What kind of lipstick is it?

I gave the Lippy Girl one to my mom, who gets all of my brick-colored lipsticks from PV. I tried the Mun rose toner, but it was only good for four uses, and that is just not enough to convince me I need a $65 toner. Not a fan of the Zabana dry shampoo- leaves a white cast and stays powdery / flaky in your hair. It does smell nice though! Beachy and coconutty.

I'm going to try the shimmer scrub in my shower tonight; hopefully there's one thing I like from this box!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 pm 
Stepford Vegan

it was the pacifica. i have not gotten my pv box yet this month.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I actually really liked this month's box! I haven't tried the bath salts yet, since I'm in tattoo recovery. But they smell nice. The eye cream is. . . Well, I don't know if I'm one who can review eye cream as this was my first time using it. But I've been using it day and night. It's nice? I don't know what it's really supposed to do! But it smells AMAZING and I feel like a grown up using it (heh). And did I mention how awesome it smells? That perfect subtle hint of coffee, like in ice cream. Man.

The makeup was. . . eh. Pacifica apparently has shiitake lipstick and I'm even less upset about missing out on the BB cream. It's more like a tinted lip balm? I've been using it as such and for that, it works really well. I just would never buy it at full price, because it would frankly be a huge waste of money. ELF has a tinted lip balm for two dollars, for god's sake. My favorite WnW lipsticks are also two dollars and kick this "lipstick"'s asparagus.

The eyeshadow is not a color I would usually be grabbing for, but I tried it yesterday in an earth tones look and it was nice! It's really pigmented, too (take note, Pacifica). It's my only non-ELF eyeshadow and I might use it regularly just because I like how nice it actually is. Oops, it's doing its job and now I want to buy more colors. Hmm.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 am 

Damn, I thought I heard the Pacifica lipstick had a good formula (didn't try mine from PV because again- terrible color for me!), but now I'm wondering if I only ever heard that in Logical Harmony videos. And they seem to send her a ton of free stuff all the time...

I tried that nyl shimmer body scrub, and it does indeed leave you very glittery! Which I don't mind, but it's not something I'd use often. Glitter can not be contained, which can be annoying. It smells really good though, like some kind of grapefruit candy or sour patch kid or something. And putting on lotion after toned down the sparkle quite a bit.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

This month was my first VC box and I actually liked it a lot. I haven't tried the bath salts yet either, but I got them in mint which is awesome because I dislike rose and lavender. The eye cream formula is great, though I really hate products in pots/jars, otherwise I like it a lot. I got the red Pacifica lipstick, which is definitely more of a sheer gloss/stain, but at least it's a color I'll wear rather than the countless hideous brown-brick lip stuff I kept getting when I was subbed to PV. And I actually love the eyeshadow, but I wear really bold eye makeup pretty regularly, and teal is my fave.

So yeah, I like this box better than any box I got from PV in the I think over a year I was subbed to them. PV always sent tons of facial skincare stuff, and I have finicky acne prone skin, which meant I couldn't use any of it unless I wanted to risk a major skin flare up. Body care/eye cream/color cosmetics (and not in brick/brown/baby pink which is all PV seemed to send) is all right up my alley.

twitter/instagram @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:34 am 

Amy wrote:
And putting on lotion after toned down the sparkle quite a bit.

Nope, I lied. I am glittery. At work. :p

You're right, Jessi- I don't know why PV can't pick more universally flattering shades. That super pale baby pink lipstick people got this month wouldn't work on many people, either. There are lots of darker pinky nudes and berries that I think would appeal to more folks!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 am 
Stepford Vegan

from what i understand from a friend who has been contacted from vegan cuts is they just ask for samples/products and do not monitor/pick color choices.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:30 am 

The woman from PV said in an instagram comment that the baby pink / blue shimmer shade went to people who picked a certain category in their profile- trendy or adventurous or something. So they at least do make some choice as to who gets what. But I'd think it would make more sense to go by skin tone? I don't know; I know you can't please everyone.

I requested the link to the profile survey so I could fill it out again- this time choosing "natural" as my preference. I have no idea what I had before though! It had to have been either that or "classic".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:53 pm 
Stepford Vegan

i got my pv box. i got a light pink lip shade - might be light enough for my natural lip days....have not tried it been in a pink mood. the toner really did nothing. i rather have a dry spray shampoo - i did not notice the subtle glitter. have not tried the body scrub.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 pm 

So I know all I ever do in this thread is complain about Petit Vour sending me brown makeup, and here we are again. Out of seven possible eye liner colors they sent me.... BROWN! Who could have guessed this would happen?! This is my second dark brown eyeliner from them, btw.

I don't care about the face brush, and I've already tried that spot serum (it's ok; it helped sometimes, I would've preferred the face wash which I haven't tried). I hope that face scrub is REALLY good.

I do not have great luck with this box.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So if you were going to subscribe to one box would you pick PV or VC? I let then both lapse when my credit card got compromised but I think I'm ready to do one again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 am 

I tried the Jacq's green smoothie face mask this morning. It was kind of fun to use, because it's a dark charcoal color (I think I scared my dog) and REALLY tingly (I started to worry it was going to be irritating, but it was ok). I'm not sure it did anything though. I notice immediate results from the EarthBody Brighten mask, maybe because it's a lot more exfoliating, so I like that one better. Maybe I'll notice the effects of this one over time.

I was going to try the damn brown FiOR eyeliner, but the tip broke off. So I sharpened it, and after finally getting it down enough to get more liner out, that new tip broke off too! I had already shaved like a third of the pencil down at that point. So I wouldn't recommend that in any color, because it's a pain in the asparagus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:02 pm 

i'm still liking the PV boxes (i don't get vegan cuts anymore, because they were seriously getting on my nerves)... i feel like it's generally a really good deal for only $15, and i usually like the stuff. from may, i liked the toner a lot (but i would never buy a toner for that much $$$$), and i also think i like the dry shampoo... i don't usually use dry shampoo so i have nothing to compare it to, but i used it once on a weekend day and it seemed to work pretty well. i haven't tried the sparkly scrub yet, but it smells delicious. i *thought* i was excited about my lippy girl lipstick (i got boss lady), but when i tried it on i was really disappointed with both the color and the formula. i guess i'm glad i didn't buy one for $23!

from the june box, so far i've only tried the cleanser and the brush, but i like them both. i've never used a brush like that before, but it seems like it does a nice job exfoliating... although it also does a stupendous job of getting water/cleanser spots ALL over my mirror, heh. i haven't tried the eye liner yet (i also got the brown), or the mask. i'm still working my way through the chocolate/banana mask from a couple of boxes ago, but i'm excited to hear that it's tingly.

i love brown makeup, so i guess PV is pretty much right up my alley. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:13 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I would recommend PV over Vegan Cuts too. Vegan Cuts focused too much on quantity so they sent out a lot of itty bitty samples, whereas PV gives you less items but they're generally bigger. Which I liked because if I didn't want something, even the samples were big enough and nice enough looking that I felt okay putting them aside for Christmas stockings.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks for the input. I signed up for Petit Vour again. I'm excited for my first box.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:36 pm 
Stepford Vegan

i got black liner! however it is not up to my inky coal standards...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Vegan Cuts box arrived and I'm actually quite pleased with it! Like, I like ALL OF IT. I signed up in April and it was all about sun and bug protection, which like. . . alright. May was slightly better, but the products were less varied. (Four? I do really like the eye cream and still use it daily, but the other products I was kind of "meh" about.)

- I'm wearing the deodorant today (mine's the cedarwood/juniper scent) and while the scent isn't my fave. . . It really works. It works better than Kiss My Face, which is my usual. I don't stink and I've been outside a lot in pretty intense heat! ((Seems to be a sample size, but I could be wrong?))
- I haven't tried the Hello toothpaste yet, but I got a good sniff. . . It's grapefruit mint flavored and smells lovely. I'm actually close to running out of my usual (again, Kiss My Face), so this will soon come in handy. ((Sample size))
- Eco Lips in lemon lime. . . I haven't even opened this because I am basically drowning in lip balm as is. I have a couple tinted lip balms and I have four active tubes of plain lip balm floating around. (All three ELF essential flavors and one Buddha Butter). But I don't know - it's lip balm. I'm sure it's fine. It'll replace whichever balm I go through first and then I'll know. (($3.49 value))
- The Pacifica face wash is awesome. It's gentle yet effective on my greasy skin and it smells delicious and coconut-y. After my disappointment with their "lipstick," I'm pleasantly surprised. ((Seems to be a sample size))
- The Bee All Natural coconut oil soap smells nice. I'll try it out when I run out of my Lush porridge bar. . . But I love the cute heart shape! ((Sample size))
- Emani eye trio in Coco Black. . . it was recommended as eyeliner and for brows, so I used the dark brown on my brows today. Nice! Good for when I'm being lazy. I generally prefer to tint with a gel and then set with powder, though. The ELF Studio eyebrow kit is my jam. (($20 value))

I like that all these products are pretty practical for most people. . .We all need to brush our teeth, keep our lips hydrated, wash our face and body, etc. It's a nice variety. Also, the value of the full size products alone is about $24, so I think this was a pretty good deal this month!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:40 pm 
Stepford Vegan

you know that glitter scrub from last month? well, is it supposed to turn you into a teenaged vampire lovers wet dream? that shiitake is crazy glittery!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:46 pm 

ha! that is exactly why i haven't used it yet. i'm going to have to save it for a day when i don't have to go anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:32 am 
Stepford Vegan

i have used a tiny bit each time and it is like glitter bomb! i do not mind - it stays put and in the summer time i can still be pasty and stylish!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Which box was the glitter cleanser from? I think I need to order some.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 am 

Petit Vour. It's this nyl scrub: http://petitvour.com/collections/body-s ... mmer-scrub If I use that again, it will be ONLY on my legs. Way too glittery. Smells nice though!

I canceled my PV subscription. :/ I think it was the right choice, but I reserve the right to see the July box (which will now be awesome, of course) and sign up again, haha.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Whoa $38, I think I can do without glitter scrub.

I resubscribed to PV. I'm excited to get my first box.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:56 am 
Stepford Vegan

ya - $38 is pricy! it is a nice subtle shimmer to use on those days when you feel blah though...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:10 pm 
Stepford Vegan

for me this month: vc > pv

i like the pacifica eyeshadow creams - actual colors i wear and they go one nicely. the osea serum is nice too. the wonder seed lotion is nice - i like the scent.

the pv: nail polish is peach - not me at all (regift), the tub of body cream is harder than a rock and has a gritty texture.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next