| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:08 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Guys, I didn't even last a month without PV. I am a re-subscriber. :p

I'm hoping the polish will work for me. It's a pretty shade. I usually pick cool tones, so the warm browns and oranges I get from PV are tough. But I'll try! The mango butter and face cleanser both smell great, haven't tried either yet. Not too excited about another deodorant cream with baking soda (it says not to apply after shaving; I shave every time I shower, so...).

The VC box looks good! I remember using Osea way back in the day, pre-vegan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:51 pm 
Stepford Vegan

the deodorant cream is pretty good actually!

i wish the pacifica shadow did not crease so bad. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:28 am 
Stepford Vegan

i reviewed the boxes this month - never done it before. i decided it was about time:
http://www.missmuffcake.com/2015/07/jul ... -vour.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:26 am 
Stepford Vegan

i got my boxes - nothing is super wow for me. however i have not used all of the products.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I feel very "meh" about this month's VC, to the point where I don't feel like commenting/testing. So far I've only really liked one box and I'm considering cancelling.

That said, I liked the lip gloss more than I expected. I'm more of a matte girl, but I reached for it out of laziness post-burrito and was not disappointed. It smells nice, is very soft (but not sticky), and the color is a fun magenta.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:40 pm 
Stepford Vegan

ya - nothing has stood out from the boxes for me this month. the two makeup products (blush & gloss) are both so light they really do not show on me...the dry shampoo is good but they damn packaging is leaky and will not stay closed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:36 pm 
Stepford Vegan

another month of blah boxes. the lipstick i got from pv is not a nice color. like a copper color that would look horrible on most people.

i am pissed at vc - my replacement perfume from last months box is still not here. should i contact them again or what?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 pm 

I had to laugh at the lipstick (I think the shade is exclusive to PV so everyone got it). I always always get some shade of brown from PV- the lip colors have all been orangey-browns of varying opacity. After the last one I emailed to ask if there was anything I could change on my profile to steer the colors in a different direction, and was hopeful about this month. Alas. It's super sheer, so I thought maybe I could wear it, but it's not great on me.

Not a fan of the Blissoma cleanser either. It smells so bad! Even if I loved how it worked I would hate using it every night.

The scrub is fine, smells nice, but I think the full size is $30-something, which I wouldn't pay for a body scrub. Haven't tried the mask yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:10 pm 
Stepford Vegan

Amy wrote:
I had to laugh at the lipstick (I think the shade is exclusive to PV so everyone got it). I always always get some shade of brown from PV- the lip colors have all been orangey-browns of varying opacity.

the color is ugly.

the masks is not something i like. i like masks that you squeeze out, slather on and are good. not ones that you mix with water and in the process dump half down your sink. ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:07 pm 

i liked the color when i looked at it, but i was really disappointed at how completely sheer it is.

i've used up the mask (it was enough for two uses) and i liked it, but i'm getting REALLY sick of dry masks that i have to mix myself.

the scrub is amazing and smells delicious.

i'm not wild about the blissoma cleanser, but it's good enough that i'll use it and get my money's worth. it's similar in style to what i usually use (LUSH 9 to 5).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I just subscribed to Petit Vour! I'm so excited!!! This is my first beauty subscription box.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:48 am 
Stepford Vegan

so i cancelled VC - missing item. plus i would not buy anything really out in stores in the last few boxes. this box was better than last months. the makeup brush is good - i been using it. the high lighter - to rough to apply on my face + to oily.

i got my pv. i think i am going to cancel this to. not sure yet. the gold polish will be cool on the tips of black nails.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:53 am 

I got my first PV box yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. The polish color would be something I would never buy myself but I'm sure I can use it for when I need a more conservative color. I'm using it right now so we'll see what I think of it after a few days of wearing it. It's supposed to be a strengthening polish. The eye oil came just in time since I'm running out of eye cream.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:15 pm 
Stepford Vegan

i canceled pv - the lip color was not a shade i would wear. then the dry shampoo was just in vc a few months back. to many crossovers. i took the $ saved and subbed to kitnip box (multi cat sized) for the cats for xmas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 pm 

The only thing I like about the lip gloss is that it keeps my lip balm from drying out. Now that we're into cold weather here in MA, the heat is blasting everywhere, and I've been reapplying lip balm like every hour. Now I can put the gloss over it in the morning and be good until lunch! The color's good for me, and thankfully the sparkly bits don't show up as much as they do in the tube.

HOWEVER, it totally smells like boxed home hair color to me. It's very strange to put that on my lips. I was curious about this Lotus Wei stuff though, so I was glad to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 pm 

I'm going to keep subscribing to PV for a while but honestly I would never buy any of the full size versions of the stuff they send me. The lip gloss was a weird color for me but I've been using it anyway. However, it smells weird and it takes time to get used to the smell, within the fist couple of times using it the bottle broke and then a couple weeks later it broke in another place so the packaging is terrible. I also feel like I could find something similar for cheaper- there was nothing special about it. A lot of the face stuff is for people with dry skin so I can't really use any of it. The paper makeup seems impractical and weird. One of the months boxes had an item that's not even makeup or skincare, just some aromatherapy stuff which I don't want- I want makeup and skincare. Not to mention, the aromatherapy stuff and the "anti-stress oil" in another months box smell exactly the same and for me, are both totally impractical items. The glow stick in this months box smells amazing but I have no use for it. I would really like it if they added more traditional makeup instead of a bunch of sheer hippy stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Resurrecting this thread, because I recently subscribed to the LaRitzy box (in addition to my subs to Vegan Cuts and Petit Vour, because my love for vegan beauty boxes cannot be tamed, apparently) and I'm curious if anyone else here is a subscriber and if so, what your thoughts are. I like the idea of more full-sized products, which is always awesome. Tonight I filmed an unboxing video of the January box, if anyone is curious. I won't talk about contents in case people don't want to be spoiled, so here's a link to my super amateur vid: https://youtu.be/AyKT9Gqr05s

I'm still waiting for my January Petit Vour and Vegan Cuts boxes, but they've shipped and are on their way to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 pm 

Just got the email PV sent out about the SW Basics cream that was in this month's box. I was surprised by how bad it smelled, and I won't be using it because of that. I didn't email them, but apparently enough people did that they had to say something.

The other stuff was interesting to try, I guess, though I'm not in love with any of it. I'm glad to have a lip scrub around, since I've never had one. And it smells nice!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:17 pm 

I have yet to get that email but I thought the same thing about that cream- it smells so bad! I almost tried to give it away but I didn't think anyone else would use it because of the smell. It's not too bad one the smell goes away but I still wouldn't buy it. As for the rest of the box- I don't wear eyeliner and I don't think vegan black eyeliner is difficult to find but I appreciate that it's actually makeup which I feel like this box usually lacks. I usually like to use tube lip exfoliater but this rose stuff smells really good and I like the way it feels. Again, I don't think I'd buy the full size though. I do really like the tapioca pearl face cleanser stuff so far though. I have to keep using it for a bit to know if I'm interested in a full size version but so far I like it a lot. I've also still been using the ursa major face cleanser and I like that a lot, too.

I still would like to see them add more cosmetics, skincare for people with more than just dry skin types and more hair products that aren't dry shampoo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:22 pm 

Also, an update on the nail polish from a few months back. The color grew on me but I really don't like the formula. It definitely didn't strengthen my nails, in fact they seemed to do worse with it on. It also comes off super easily. I think you can find better vegan polishes for much cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:50 am 

joyfulvegan wrote:
Resurrecting this thread, because I recently subscribed to the LaRitzy box (in addition to my subs to Vegan Cuts and Petit Vour, because my love for vegan beauty boxes cannot be tamed, apparently) and I'm curious if anyone else here is a subscriber and if so, what your thoughts are. I like the idea of more full-sized products, which is always awesome. Tonight I filmed an unboxing video of the January box, if anyone is curious. I won't talk about contents in case people don't want to be spoiled, so here's a link to my super amateur vid: https://youtu.be/AyKT9Gqr05s

I'm still waiting for my January Petit Vour and Vegan Cuts boxes, but they've shipped and are on their way to me.

I watched your box unveiling and I enjoyed it! I also don't look at the card when I get my boxes because I don't want to be spoiled. I've never heard of this box before but now I'm considering it. It's more expensive than PV but I'd be willing to spend a bit more if I think I'd like the products better. All of the stuff in the box looked like stuff I'd use except for the paper makeup. That looks like the same paper blush from the PV box.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:27 pm 

I was thinking of cancelling the PV box but then it started to get better so I'm going to keep it for now and see how it goes. I got an eyeshadow in one of the boxes that's decent quality and a really nice color. I also got a sample of Lauren B. nailpolish. I was disappointed that it was clear (it's a base/top coat) but I actually really like it so I'm glad I got to try it. I also received a sample of shampoo which I have yet to try but it's by a brand I've been wanting to try (Yarok). Juice Beauty is another brand I've been wanting to try which I received and the face serum is something that I've needed. In this most recent box I received a hand and nail lotion which I desperately need because of my job, a thing of bath and body oil which is meh to me because I'm sick of getting body oil from them, another Ursa Major product but it's a face balm which I needed and really like so far. They also sent a brand that I've been wanting to try which was 100% Pure. In the preview video the woman had a blush, I was hoping to get the blush because I love blush but received another eyeshadow instead. It's nice but it's almost exactly the same color as the eyeshadow they already sent me. I also tried it out on my hand to see what color it was and I've had an allergic reaction to something in the same spot.

Oh! I also got this awesome face exfoliater/cleanser by Suki that I've been using ever since receiving it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:55 pm 

I keep meaning to try that Suki stuff!

I canceled after this month, mostly to cut back on my spending, but also partly because they will never stop sending me brown makeup that looks awful on me (this month it was another bronzey eyeshadow).

It's ok though! I have liked a lot of things and might rejoin someday. And might order from the shop in the meantime.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:17 am 

Yeah, I really don't like getting these same colors. I compared the two eyeshadows and they are almost exactly the same. I like the color but I don't need multiple things of it.

Which Suki product did you get? I got the foaming cleanser thing and love it. It might be something I actually order a full size of.

eta: One of my biggest issues with the box is a lot of the stuff they send me just feels impractical to me although I'm sure it's mostly just me. Like the 100% Pure eyeshadow is nice but I looked up the full size price and I could spend slightly more money than that for a nice eyeshadow palette instead of just one tiny, sheer eyeshadow.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 pm 

Oh I think what I got from Suki is the Transformitive Purifying Mask: http://www.petitvour.com/collections/bl ... ing-masque

It has great reviews, so I'm hopeful!

I would've liked the 100% Pure eyeshadow in any of their lighter shades, but I got Bora Bora which doesn't look good on me and seems like a waste. I wish we could choose among a few colors! But I guess that would be tricky.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next