| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks, I will keep checking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

My box came! A few days late, but entirely intact. I'm really pleased with it. I got face + body sunscreen packets, bergamot-lime deodorant, acne spot treatment, cherry-almond body cream (this smells SO GOOD), the fairy floss NCLA nail wraps (I would've been happy with the navy striped ones, but I'm really stoked for these, they're gorgeous), mini peppermint tea tree soap, and a peach tinted lip balm. An excellent box in my opinion.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Were the sides of your guyses boxes taped?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:27 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Nope, just the front flap. Luckily everything stayed in mine, though. Everything that was on the card was in there, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:24 pm 

I got an email from them this morning that my box won't ship put until sometime next week...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:13 pm 

Also, I'm pretty sure I will be canceling my sub and may try Petit Voir for a month or two. Their boxes look amazing and ate $15.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

la vie sale wrote:
I got an email from them this morning that my box won't ship put until sometime next week...

That's a shame! I wonder what happened? Is the box that will ship out next week a replacement box for the one that got lost?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm 

No, mine just hasn't been sent out yet. I get the feeling they didn't have enough product. Said something about unforeseen circumstances. So I should be getting it at the end of the first week of Sept. am sure I'm not the only one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:19 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That's a real bummer. You'd think they would've notified people about that when they sent out the tracking numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 pm 

Right, or ordered plenty of product by subscription count. Oh well. I've cancelled my sub anyway and will check out another one. I need a lesson in patience anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm 

I've heard good things about Vegan Presence, and if I had money to spend on another box I would sign up.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I've heard good things about Vegan Presence, and if I had money to spend on another box I would sign up.

Same. I've checked out some reviews of Petit Vour and it didn't wow me, for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I guess I am in the camp of not too impressed with the VC box. I had a missing item and just nothing really stood out to me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

my box was open on the sides, but i believe everything stayed in there (some of the packing material was hanging out, yikes). i haven't tried anything at all yet because i just got into town late last night and have been swamped today, but i got the navy stripe nail wraps. yay navy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The reviews I've seen of the Petit Vour boxes have been so-so, but the stuff in the boxes looks super cool to me. I'm waiting another month or two before I sign up with them, just to be sure the quality stays the same since they've only been out like 3 or 4 months now.

I've seen good reviews of the Vegan Presence boxes too, but I really just want a beauty box, not beauty and food and pet stuff and everything together. That was one of the reasons I haven't signed up for Petit Vour yet, because the first month it included an energy bar, but since then I haven't seen any food included.

I was sad I couldn't get the Vegan Cuts box cause my bank card issues, but seeing this month's contents I'm underwhelmed, and way less sad I couldn't subscribe.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am 
Naked Under Apron

Damnit, I love the look of Petit Vour. I think the packaging and logo are swaying me a bit there, but I also like what I'm seeing as far as the samples go. I don't think I'm rich enough to spend $15 a month on samples, but I'm tempted. They just look so fun to get!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I ordered a Petit Vour box. I'll see if I want to subscribe past one month. It looks nice though. I did a six month Vegan Presence one too. I can't afford all three so one has to go. I already paid for the Vegan Presence so it'll be Vegan Cuts or Petit Vour.

I'm probably going to cancel my regular Vegan Cuts box too - I just get too many things that I have no interest in even trying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am 

jessilikewhoa wrote:
The reviews I've seen of the Petit Vour boxes have been so-so, but the stuff in the boxes looks super cool to me. I'm waiting another month or two before I sign up with them, just to be sure the quality stays the same since they've only been out like 3 or 4 months now.

I've seen good reviews of the Vegan Presence boxes too, but I really just want a beauty box, not beauty and food and pet stuff and everything together. That was one of the reasons I haven't signed up for Petit Vour yet, because the first month it included an energy bar, but since then I haven't seen any food included.

I was sad I couldn't get the Vegan Cuts box cause my bank card issues, but seeing this month's contents I'm underwhelmed, and way less sad I couldn't subscribe.

Vegan Presence is semi-customized though, so if you tell her you don't want food or pet stuff (I know Sunny from VBR got some catnip thing because she told them she has cats), they can probably still get you a full box.

I really want the tote bag so I kind of just want to order one but it costs $3 more if you only do one month and the tightwad in me is like...no.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 pm 

So I just noticed that the ELF beauty bundle is $20 PLUS $6.95 for shipping. Oh hells no. Even if they made it so you could select which line you wanted products from (so we could deselect the essentials line and not get animal brushes) and your skin tone so they don't send you horribly wrong shades, that's still too much for ELF.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:45 pm 

My box came!!! Weird, so quickly after that email. They put an extra lipbalm in there for the wait (Hurraw mint). I like the peach balm and I know I will use the lotion, but I don't know what to do with the nail wraps. May give those away. And the zit thing, oh well, give that to my step kids I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:09 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So I just noticed that the ELF beauty bundle is $20 PLUS $6.95 for shipping. Oh hells no. Even if they made it so you could select which line you wanted products from (so we could deselect the essentials line and not get animal brushes) and your skin tone so they don't send you horribly wrong shades, that's still too much for ELF.

Agreed. Who is their target market? I've had some nice/useful things from ELF, but it seems like anyone with $26.95 to spend on makeup every month probably wouldn't want to spend it ALL on ELF.

Plus, I think of subscription boxes as being... sort of a luxurious, indulgent gift to oneself, and a whole box of bargain makeup seems to fill a different need. You know?

blog: Jaunty Dame

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 am 

They're only sending them out every other month, but the more I think about it the less i'd ever want it. There are certain ELF products that everyone loves, like the studio blushes, and there are certain things that are totally panned, like those $2 eyeshadow pencils, and I know i'd just get a bunch of stuff I already know sucks or with my luck, the exact shade of something I like but already have.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

you guys, i really super love the deodorant that came in the box this month. i've worn it two days in a row now and i'm amazed at how well it performs. i got the bergamot lime, which smells delicious. YAY!

so then yesterday, i got my september vegan presence box(!! so early!!) and there was a full-size jar of the same deodorant (but a different flavor). yippee!! that one is something like juniper/cedar, so more woodsy and/or unisex-style, but i'm just excited because i was having such good luck with the smaller jar already. whee, armpits!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

The deodorant is nice - it has not caused me to break out in a rash. I may get it again but love the LaVanillia due to ease...

The SPF in the box labeled face - well, it is the same as the body one, no way should it go on the face. It is oily, thick and leaves white streaks.

The tinted balm is okay - but there is no tint to it.

The nail wraps - man the color choices are pretty lame, I may try one just for an accent nail.
The tea tree soap is okay...

My acne stuff was missing.

The bonus Hurraw is the only thing I really dig and already was a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 pm 

I subscribed to Petit Vour. Their samples look very luxurious and I could never afford their full size products, but this way I will get to have some fancy travel products. I agree about the Elf box, not enticed to get it at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next