| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I also subscribed to Petit Vour. I also like the idea of luxurious samples, even if I can't afford the full-sized products, and I like the idea of occasionally getting full-sized makeup items.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:43 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Did anyone actually use their Vegan Chic gift card? They expire tomorrow (or maybe today) so I was eying a pair of $25 boots, but the shipping for one pair is $10. I don't really need new shoes soooo. I think I might just ignore it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:56 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I didn't. There were a few pairs of shoes I was interested in, but I can't with $10 shipping. Even with the gift code.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't use mine for the same reason.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

dittosville

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:53 am 
WRETCHED

I decided to subscribe to petit vour. Back in my pregan days, I did subscribe to the beauty test tube for a while which was like $25 for a ton of stuff, usually 2-3 full sizes and 8+ large samples. Not that the petit vour looks that extravagant but it looks fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I did not use my g/c either - nothing really stood out to me, not to mention such limited selection...

I subscribed to PV....

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I just got my box and I feel meh about it, especially compared to the Vegan Presence one. I'm probably going to cancel both this and my snack box. Except for the Beanfield's chips it hasn't introduced me to anything I'm going to buy ever.

I got the navy nail wraps - I was hoping for fairy floss. If anyone wants to trade let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

la vie sale wrote:
Right, or ordered plenty of product by subscription count. Oh well. I've cancelled my sub anyway and will check out another one. I need a lesson in patience anyway!

I may just be reading this comment wrong, but subscription boxes don't order and pay for any content. They are getting companies to give them sample products for free to give out. That's why things will differ slightly. They require a business to send x number of items to be included and when that runs out that may be it.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 pm 

I know for the first box, they had 500 ready to go and had to order more product to meet demand. Since some of the stuff is full size or large samples, I think Vegan Cuts does pay up front for some of it but probably at a heavily discounted price since they're ordering in bulk and the idea behind the boxes is to get people to try your products.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:13 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I don't know how it works Panda, but what are they supposed to do when all the samples are gone? Just throw together random items to make up a box? I would think they have to order samples and just get them really cheap, also to make up for the full size.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 pm 
WRETCHED

Well I imagine that companies give them samples in order to encourage sales, I am also guessing they save samples for upcoming months as well. Some of the full size items they probably have to pay for but then again, some companies might give a huge discount or even give some for free in hopes of acquiring new customers.

It was one reason I was disappointed with the vegan cuts snack box because you'd figure if you were trying to get people to buy stuff, you'd give out more samples.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I just received the September Vegan Presence beauty box, which I ordered as a once off and I'm pretty happy. Everything seems to be full-sized, so even though the selection is a little small, it's a really nice value. The only thing is that the MuLondon white chocolate moisturizer, while amazing feeling, smells sooooo little girl sweet...Like one of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls I had as a child. I'm stoked on the Schmidt's deoderant though and hope that the scrub will not break my face out because I love coffee scrubs!!! I'm always happy for a bag of beanfields too...especially since I don't buy unneccessary food products like chips very often. I'm debating whether or not to subscribe or check out another box on a trial basis. The value of the products is about $42 and there were also some coupons included, I might use the MuLondon one to buy a different scent of moisturizer, but the rest are not really my taste. I feel like the vegan boxes really pale in comparison to the birchbox in terms of the maturity / glam-quotient of the products, which is a little disappointing...I'm hoping for more reports on petit vour and the true beauty boxes!

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
--Margaret Meade

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I actually love the MuLondon stuff. We should have a trade for unwanted subscription items.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:38 pm 

So there's a box called Goode Box and I saw someone mention in a video that they have a vegan option, so I went to check it out. This is from their FAQ:
Do you have Vegan only product options and how do you define Vegan in terms of ingredients?

No product included in any Goodebox is tested on animals. Due to the difficulty in sourcing quality, high performance Vegan beauty products that are formulated with healthy, sustainable ingredients (and not just junk that happens to be Vegan), members choosing to receive Vegan products in their Member Profile may receive products that contain beeswax. Products selected for Vegan members will not contain ingredients derived from milk, eggs, lanolin, cochineal beetles (Carmine), pearl, silk, animal by-products or any other non-vegan ingredients.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm 
Saggy Butt

Damn beeswax, crashing every party. Bane of my [cosmetic] existence.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:54 pm 

So... they don't have a vegan option then.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:05 pm 

Nope! And as far as i'm concerned, letting people choose the vegan option and knowingly sending them non-vegan products is straight-up lying.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ugh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:53 pm 
WRETCHED

I got my Petite Vour box today and I'm pretty happy:
Full size LVX nail polish Rive - which looks to be a pale/neutral pink. (retail price $16)
Full size Pura botanica Chai Vanilla soap - smells good! (retail price $7)
Sample black tea (3 tea bags)
Sample Arbonne Lip polish (6 small samples total, 6 different colors)
Sample Neuma shampoo, conditioner and intensive masque (1 of each)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:56 pm 

Ooooh, is the lip polish lipsticks? I remember my mom used to get sample Mary Kay lipsticks, they were so tiny and I thought they were the cutest things.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:59 pm 
WRETCHED

They are but not those tiny cute lipstick samples we used to see, they are packaged in a little (squeeze?) pouch so they will need either brush or hand application. I can only imagine how much the arbonne lip polishes costs because this sample set is said to be valued at $12!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I just subbed to Petit Vour. It's been like 6 months since they started, they seem to be successful and not at risk of randomly closing, and the boxes seem consistently nice, especially for $15. But mostly linanil saying "lipstick samples" was the final straw. I'm like Pavlov's dog at any mention of lipstick.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:45 pm 

I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure I can justify TWO beauty boxes, though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

linanil wrote:
They are but not those tiny cute lipstick samples we used to see, they are packaged in a little (squeeze?) pouch so they will need either brush or hand application. I can only imagine how much the arbonne lip polishes costs because this sample set is said to be valued at $12!

yeah not sure I'm happy with the lip gloss or whatever they are samples- they're in little foil packets which is gonna be a pain in the ass- no way to carry them around for touchups or anything.

I'm not crazy about the nail polish color I got, but I like the soap. Hmm, overall I feel lukewarm about Petit Vour so far. I think I will give it another month or two and see if I want to keep subscribing.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next