| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I know no one really expressed an interest in the ELF box, but I thought i'd share this unboxing video anyway. Ironically, given our concerns, there's nothing from the dollar line with a brush so the first box was totally vegan.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:49 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Did anyone actually use their Vegan Chic gift card? They expire tomorrow (or maybe today) so I was eying a pair of $25 boots, but the shipping for one pair is $10. I don't really need new shoes soooo. I think I might just ignore it.

I did! I bought a gorgeous bag that I can take on conferences. I used it yesterday for the first time. It's really nice looking.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My Petit Vour box came, and I'm pretty happy with it. I got a blue nail polish, and blues and greens are my favorite, so I'm happy with that, and the soap smells so good I want to eat it. I like the little trial Arbonne lip polishes, just cause that means I can swatch and see if I like them, and I'm psyched to try the hair samples from Neuma too cause I'm a haircare junkie. The only thing I was meh about was the black tea, because I rarely drink tea, and if I do it's fruity herbal stuff, but the other half said he'd drink it.

For $15 bucks I totally think it was worth the cash.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:46 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

PV > CB....I got my PV box, I find it looks better packaged, more well thought out. I got a blue-teal polish that will be great for fall! I will be drinking the tea and getting my hair care on!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:22 am 
WRETCHED

The soap is one of the best soaps I've used and the tea is nice tasting. I haven't tried the other things yet, I was going to do my nails but haven't had a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

OMG - early morning, I read 'the soap is nice tasting'...I was concerned!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 pm 

I got my Vegan Cuts box today, I never got a shipping notification so i'm not sure if I got mine early because I needed my item from last month replaced?

This is hilarious, considering that we were just talking about how crazy expensive BWC cosmetics are - I got two items not on the list and one is a BWC lipstick (the other is some aromatherapy thing, meh). I don't know if these are both replacements for my missing lip balm since I haven't seen other boxes yet, but the BWC lipsticks are $22. The funny thing is it's in 'praline', and based on the sticker i'm not sure i'll like it so I want to see swatches before I open it. But there are none that I can find.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

MBM, from the picture/description on White Rabbit Beauty, it looks like a tan shimmer? Which to me sounds like maybe the worst color for a lipstick.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 pm 

Yes, anything with brown in it is a no for me. I accidentally bought a dark brown Megalast (I couldn't tell it was brown until I put it on) and it was horrifying. I will keep it unopened and give it away.

Anyway, here is my box:

I already redeemed the free pantyliner code, it takes you to a page where it's already added to your cart and the shipping is free. I didn't add anything else to the cart but I assume that if you add more the shipping is still free?

I only found one picture so far on instragram and a girl who said she got the Manic Panic eyeshadow duo and that it was basically a big pile of powder. I already have this eyeliner duo and the black eyeshadow in it is pretty crappy, but this is the cream eyeliner that made me not hate eyeliner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That looks like a pretty awesome box, brown lipstick notwithstanding. I haven't gotten a shipping notice, but I'm excited to see what I get when it arrives.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:38 pm 

I never got one either.

So I went ahead and opened the lipstick because really, the only person I would give it to is Brian's sister and a) she will probably lose it in her bathroom laundry pile and b) she will not care if I swatch it on my hand anyway. Also I had WnW's Bare It All (nude with a touch of pink) in my desk and the stickers look similar, so. It is very shiny so the two don't compare, but it is NOT BROWN. So that's a relief and i'm keeping it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I love Weleda stuff. This month's looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:45 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

My box came today, and it's the same as your box minus the BWC lipstick and perfume/aromatherapy thing and plus a Fanciful Fox soap in an awesome anise scent. I love Weleda stuff and I was just thinking today that I need some mini lotions to keep in my purse, so those will be perfect. I'm not much for eyeliner, but I'm glad to know this one doesn't suck and it's always nice to get full-sized stuff, especially cosmetics.

I'm really happy with this month's box, basically. I'm still toying with the idea of trying out Petit Vour, but I have no plans to give up this one for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 pm 

It appears that a lot of people who got the eyeshadow ended up with a big pile of powder, which sucks. I've ordered singles from MP before but never the compact and now I probably never will. It sucks that it backfired.

Also some people seem confused as to why there were four Weleda lotions - if you go to Target they sell these four in a gift set together. Maybe it would've made more sense to have them in their gift box but that would've made packaging awkward. The rose scented one makes me want to die but I can give that away and I believe Target sells the set for $12.95 so it's a nice value.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The rose one is actually the one I'm going to use first, because I love rose-scented anyway. It never occurred to me to wonder why there are four, I guess I was too busy being stoked about it.

It does suck about the MP eyeshadows. It makes me even happier that I got the eyeliner. Powder products seem like a little bit of a gamble to ship, which I guess is why you mostly see nail polish, lip stuff, and cream and pencil products in boxes like this. Less risk of shattering and sadness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

anyone have a list of vegan Weleda products? i need a new hand cream that helps cracked skin...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

They have a list on their UK page:

http://www.weleda.co.uk/page/specialrequirements

You can usually find most of the products they sell in the US on there. I've used their pomegranate hand cream before and it's nice.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Quarantined wrote:

http://www.weleda.co.uk/page/specialrequirements

You can usually find most of the products they sell in the US on there. I've used their pomegranate hand cream before and it's nice.

Thanks - I was unable to locate that list! I will see if I can find the hand lotion!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 am 
WRETCHED

I just wanted to report back on the Arbonne lipgloss and the Neuma shampoo/conditioner.

I liked the Arbonne lipgloss but the color I tried, despite the color on the outside was a bit too pink for me, would've been ok over a lipstick. It is sticky but it seemed to last pretty long. I'd probably consider buying it in the future if one of the other colors works for me.

Now for the Neuma shampoo/conditioner, I was dubious because my sample was moisturizing which is something I don't need as my hair is normal/oily. It smelled nice but usually with moisturizing shampoos, my hair looks horrible on the second day as my hair falls flat and starts to look greasy. Instead, I lacked any frizz but my hair didn't fall flat. I also liberally applied the conditioner (I skipped the masque the first time) so I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised. Today, I did the masque along with the shampoo and my hair is really soft. I'm interested to see what happens in a couple days but honestly, I'd never buy a moisturizing hair masque. I'd definitely try one of their other shampoos/conditioners in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:34 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

My hubby got me the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box this month as a surprise anniversary gift. It's my first one. So I got the Weleda lotions, which I am super-stoked about 'cause I've been coveting those at Target. I got BWC shampoo, the MP eyeshadow/liner duo, which is in perfect shape but I seriously doubt I'll use, teeny sample packets of Weleda body oil & some lube and finally a gorgeous clove-scented Fanciful Fox soap. I'm pretty darn happy about this box!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

linanil, I really liked the Neuma shampoo/conditioner too. I had a ridiculous amount of product in my hair when I used it, and thought the little packet might not be enough, but even though there wasn't a ton of shampoo in the packet it lathered super well and I only had to shampoo once. The conditioner was good too, not anything super special, but I'd use it again. I was waiting until after I got my hair cut to use the masque just cause my dead ends were so nasty I knew I'd be unable to really judge, so I'm giving that a try today.

I swatched the Arbonne glosses. They were nice for glosses, but I lean more toward lipsticks, stains, or balms, and the glosses had more sparkle than I like too. But the quality was nice enough that they made me curious to check out other Arbonne makeup in the future.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:51 am 
WRETCHED

I guess the masque made my hair shiny (but not greasy) because my husband came home later and said my hair looked really good and asked me if I had done anything to it. I told him I had washed it... That may change my mind on hair masques because my hair isn't greasy today which is somewhat a surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have really fine hair that gets oily really fast, and most hair masques, especially if I concentrate them on the ends and rinse really well after don't make me greasy. I especially love the Dermorganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque, which Ulta has in a $5 or $6 travel size at least online, so if you ever want to try it you don't have to buy the big pricier bottle before you know you like it.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:39 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Vegan Cuts sent me a acne spot treatment replacement for my missing one from last month.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 pm 
WRETCHED

My second Petit Vour came today and it is pretty good!

1 full size Elixery Lipstick (nice color, nice feeling formula) - retails for $18

1 sample size (.25 oz) of Root Science Youth Serum. A full size (1 oz) retails for $59. The website says a full size can last 2-3 months so I expect this to last 2-3 weeks? I really like moisturizing oils and this is one of the best I've tried. - estimated value $14.75

1 sample size of Ally's AromaRemedies massage oil. This smells really nice, feels really niceand is about 1/3rd the size of a full size bottle. -estimated value $12

1 sample size of Tallulah Jane Eau De Parfum - This is a standard perfume sample size and I have to say, I hate perfume. All perfume smells like alcohol to me and gives me headaches. This though doesn't. The particular scent sent to me probably isn't one I'd choose but if I wanted to wear perfume, I think this is the brand I'd choose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next