| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

pv box:

i like the blush. the lip color is too white and looks bad on me. the concealer is hit/miss, i like liquid/stick concealer. have not tried the other stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i liked the face mask sample & the moisturizer but the cleanser did not really get my face clean.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

In the box asking how I liked the lip balm, I put 'please stop sending me lip balm'.

http://vegancuts.com/february

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
In the box asking how I liked the lip balm, I put 'please stop sending me lip balm'.

HA! Perfect. I made a note about it as well. But seriously, please stop sending me lip balm.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

That's why I stopped my subs. Too much crepe I don't need. I am going to make tinted balm with my OCC tars too since I don't use them. How did you do that Amanda? Just heat up a balm somehow?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:44 am 

I've been thinking about switching to Vegan Presence - you get less items but it seems to be slightly more pricey items, plus they include a snack with each box, it looks like. It's $60 for three months, and this month it's $5 off because it's their anniversary. I like getting stuff in the mail, but I can't use up stuff fast enough so a box with less items and something that i'm going to eat sounds good, and the food item is often chocolate. Plus I think this is the one that has you fill out a survey so they can customize your box?

Sunny has a crapton of reviews on VP.

http://www.veganbeautyreview.com/tag/vegan-presence

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

la vie sale wrote:
That's why I stopped my subs. Too much crepe I don't need. I am going to make tinted balm with my OCC tars too since I don't use them. How did you do that Amanda? Just heat up a balm somehow?

Yep, I just got all the balm out of the tube (twist it up all the way and cut it off/scoop it out) and melted it in a little microwave safe bowl. Mixed in a few drops of lip tar at a time until I got the color/opacity I wanted, microwaved again to liquify it all completely, and then twisted the tube all the way down and poured it back in. It was ready to use by morning. Easy peasy.

MBM, I was thinking about switching to Petit Vour but Vegan Presence looks pretty good too. And I always appreciate a snack. Hmm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i've been getting the vegan presence box for about a year, and i really like it! they send beauty products, but also other things (snacks, candles, a treat for your pup or kitty) each month, so it's a nice variety. and yes, this is the one where you fill out a little survey about certain preferences (it's how i ended up with a navy blue nail polish when other people got pink, yay!) so that they can tailor things for you when possible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i really like pv - ya there have been a few things i did not care for - so i gave them away....however things get to me not broken or missing....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:40 pm 

bluedawg wrote:
i've been getting the vegan presence box for about a year, and i really like it! they send beauty products, but also other things (snacks, candles, a treat for your pup or kitty) each month, so it's a nice variety. and yes, this is the one where you fill out a little survey about certain preferences (it's how i ended up with a navy blue nail polish when other people got pink, yay!) so that they can tailor things for you when possible.

Awesome! Tomorrow is the last day to get the $5 off so I might go for it. I think it's a little annoying that you have to remember to re-sign yourself up every three months though.

One of the reasons I was so excited for the Vegan Cuts box initially is because Melisser was in charge of it and I know she knows her shiitake, but she doesn't work for them anymore so i'm a little worried about what's going to happen with the box.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Amanda that sounds like a fun experiment for me this weekend! So smart you can pour it back in the tube!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
bluedawg wrote:

Awesome! Tomorrow is the last day to get the $5 off so I might go for it. I think it's a little annoying that you have to remember to re-sign yourself up every three months though.

One of the reasons I was so excited for the Vegan Cuts box initially is because Melisser was in charge of it and I know she knows her shiitake, but she doesn't work for them anymore so i'm a little worried about what's going to happen with the box.

hmm, i didn't realize you had to re-up every three months! i think when i originally signed up, i just bought a year's subscription. maybe it's different now? i should probably check.

i also didn't realize melisser wasn't associated with the vegan cuts box anymore. sad trombone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 pm 

Yeah, if you follow their youtube account you'll notice that the unboxing videos with Strummer have stopped, which sucks.

Anyway, I signed up for Vegan Presence! If you mention another subscriber's name when you fill out the form for a three month subscription, they get a month free so I put down bluedawg. If anyone else wants to sign up and would like to use my name, please do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:21 pm 

The March Vegan Cuts box is going to have another bottle of LVX nail polish in it. So. I guess i'll cancel after that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Hmm. I didn't really like the other one (it was weirdly goopy and thick) and I need more nail polish like I need... well, more nail polish. I'm torn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:19 pm 

Yeah, I was more thinking of the value of the polish that if I needed/wanted it - it's pink and I have a ton of pink. So I went ahead and canceled and the confirmation email I got was signed 'The teary—eyed Vegan Cuts team'. FFS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I cancelled. Money is tight this month and the polish isn't a color I'd really wear anyway. I think I'll give Petit Vour or Vegan Presence a shot at some point in the future to get my beauty box fix.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:08 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

my pv box was refused, it leaked on it's way to me and the box was dripping. :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:01 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I decided to cancel Petit Vour after I got my box this month. I wasn't into the nail wraps or the hair stuff as I don't like silicone in my hair, and the skin stuff is just so-so. I think doing a beauty box for a few months can be fun but then it gets old for me after a while.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i am looking least forward to the nail wraps. i hate those things. they never work for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:32 am 
WRETCHED

Sadly, the nail wraps seemed to be the only thing of value in the PV box. I cancelled as well. They have had some good boxes in the past but I think it is time for me to move on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:11 am 

Apparently I signed up too late for Vegan Presence and the March box was sold out, so i'm getting my first one in April. I'm fine with skipping a month, but I only found this out after looking for their facebook page because I hadn't gotten a box yet. Vegan Cuts sends too many emails, VP doesn't send enough. I haven't gotten one since my confirmation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:59 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i like getting a box in the mail....i only do one because it seems like there is a lot of cross overs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:25 pm 

Okay, after watching the official unboxing video for Vegan Cuts for March, i'm glad I canceled. The nail polish was the only makeup. Also apparently Vegan Cuts now has 'beauty ambassadors' the get the box free every month in exchange for opening them on camera, and the two i've seen so far aren't vegans. So. I'm pretty over Vegan Cuts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also apparently Vegan Cuts now has 'beauty ambassadors' the get the box free every month in exchange for opening them on camera, and the two i've seen so far aren't vegans. So. I'm pretty over Vegan Cuts.

That... is pretty off-putting to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next