| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Swimsuit Coveting
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:34 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

It's that time of year again. I'm about to crack out my purple Esther Williams one but I still want another! I just have to pretend they don't exist, they're cute though.

I like this one:

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Swimsuit Coveting
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

They're not here yet, but I just bought this and this in the soft coral rose color. I think I would have liked bright raspberry or deep lagoon blue more, but they didn't have those in the top.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:55 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I just bought this top

and these bottoms. I would have bought the bottoms that match the top but they're out of my size.

I'm going to get other tops to go with the bottoms. I'm thinking this American Apparel top in grape
http://store.americanapparel.net/rnt19.html?cid=32

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:17 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I recently got these two:
ImageImage

Both are very flattering and comfy.

Also I'm imagining what my boobs would look in that first bathing suit top posted. Like a burst sausage casing, I think.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

paprikapapaya wrote:
ImageImage

Also I'm imagining what my boobs would look in that first bathing suit top posted. Like a burst sausage casing, I think.

Haha, that model's boobs always look very bubbly in outfits, but i know it would accomodate very little boobage either way, so it's a win for my humble mountains.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:45 pm 

It's a very cute suit! I'd love to be able to have the freedom to wear a bandeau top, they look comfy!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

paprikapapaya wrote:
It's a very cute suit! I'd love to be able to have the freedom to wear a bandeau top, they look comfy!

I know what you mean...bandeau tops have never, ever worked on me, and I've been just about every size in the world. If it doesn't have ties or straps, I'm out of luck!

I haven't bought anything for this summer yet, but I'll be looking at this thread for ideas. Because I'm long-torsoed, pregnant, and refuse to spend money on an expensive maternity suit that I won't be able to wear for long (and of course can neither sell nor give away when I'm done with it!), I will be wearing regular bikinis that I feel comfortable in even if other people think I don't have any business wearing them.

(I don't wear 1-pieces in any case because roughly 99.9% of long-torso-sized suits are not only incredibly expensive, but also look like something my grandma would wear to her seniors' water aerobics class at the Y - not exactly my style. The times I've gotten regular-length one-pieces that come closer to my style, I've had to pull my suit out of my asparagus every two minutes, and who needs that?)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:52 am 
Semen Strong

bandeau tops and diving = sure fire booby flashing for me. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes its nice not to have everyone at the pool see your tatas.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:02 pm 
Nailed to the V

I ordered this one in Deep Mineral Red from Lands End (after coveting it hardcore). Women's Regular All-over Control Slender Grecian Swimdress:

The other colors are $109, but since they are discontinuing the red (which is a stupid idea), I was able to get an 8 regular for $66. It's actually brighter than it looks on the computer, which I am totally fine with because it looks amazing! I really recommend it, especially if you're curvy and lumpy like me.

However, because it arrived this morning and I thought I needed a bathing suit for my class's beach trip (cancelled due to tornado, of course), we had to run to Kohl's yesterday and find something. Unfortunately, the least tacky and revealing thing there was a crappy version of the above bathing suit, except more expensive. My mom is returning it once we're able to get into West Springfield.

Imagine this, but in red. (Red works best with my coloring and style, since I can't wear anything blue or purple for fear that it may clash with my hair, and black is too boring.)

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:05 pm 
Nailed to the V

Also, I could never wear a bandeau or even a regular bikini. I've tried some on in the past, and... the horror, THE HORROR.

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Let me tell you - it's not a great body you need to rock a bikini but a great attitude. I see all sorts of bodies on the beaches here and those who are comfortable with their shape look great.
If you want to wear a two piece, do it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:22 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Vantine wrote:
Let me tell you - it's not a great body you need to rock a bikini but a great attitude. I see all sorts of bodies on the beaches here and those who are comfortable with their shape look great.

Seriously, I am at the "if you don't like it, don't look" point! Before this pregnancy I thought I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I figured there was no need to wear something that I had to pull and tug at all day until I got to where I wanted to be. And now that I'm pregnant and it's so.damn.hot, I'm definitely not about to be one bit more uncomfortable than necessary, at the beach or anyplace else!

The beaches I go to are in a different part of Florida (near where my parents live), and I see all sizes and shapes in all styles of swimwear there as well...I don't give their choice of swimwear much thought, and I figure most people are also too busy doing their own thing to worry about what everyone else has on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I need a 1920's style swimsuit, with shorts! size extra long+ boobs please.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

booberthefraggle wrote:

I need a 1920's style swimsuit, with shorts! size extra long+ boobs please.

My suit is not too far off that. I have a tankini top with a built in sports bra and the bottom is swim-fabric biker shorts complete with inside pocket. I originally bought it because I was doing water aerobics, but I like wearing it on the beach. The suit I had before that had short sleeves. Yeah, I'm daring like that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

that sounds perfect! except that I have never experienced a tankini top that actually covered the entirety of my torso.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

booberthefraggle wrote:
that sounds perfect! except that I have never experienced a tankini top that actually covered the entirety of my torso.

Well I'm short, but I have a long torso for my height (if that makes sense) and carry my weight mostly on top. The ones from http://www.junonia.com are usually great. Though they do only have plus sizes and are a bit pricey.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:16 pm 
Inflexitarian

chatter710 wrote:
I ordered this one in Deep Mineral Red from Lands End (after coveting it hardcore). Women's Regular All-over Control Slender Grecian Swimdress:

[img]http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/LandsEnd/397876_A710_FF_DMD?op_sharpen=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471[img]

That's really lovely — enjoy wearing it!

And boober... Oh, boober, check out this little ensemble. I've been coveting it on and off for months, and it's come back in stock just recently. Fortunately for my bank account, summer is still months away. It isn't cheap, but it also specifically says you can request a long-torso cut. [I also want to take a parasol to the beach one day.]

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62146836/stripey-swan-swimsuit

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:01 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Vantine wrote:

Rockin'

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

paprikapapaya wrote:
ImageImage

Oooh Where did you get these? They're gorgeous.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:11 pm 

joyfulgirl wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
ImageImage

http://www.alwaysforme.com/
Really nice selection of plus sized swimsuits - some are pretty grandma-ish, but I scored both of these ones there!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

paprikapapaya wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
ImageImage

http://www.alwaysforme.com/
Really nice selection of plus sized swimsuits - some are pretty grandma-ish, but I scored both of these ones there!

Thanks! The one I have now is a tankini and the top part keeps floating up in the water so I've been needing a new one. Now I'll have to try to control myself and not spend too much.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:43 pm 
Nailed to the V

Vantine wrote:

That would be a good philosophy for me if I could find an actual bikini top that offers adequate bust support. Most of them are somehow worse than wearing nothing at all. Last year, I just wore a sports bra and cheap dolphin shorts, but I wanted something classier now that I might be a camp counselor. Also, that ensemble wouldn't have been appropriate in front of my teachers on the now-hypothetical beach trip.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Drossie wrote:
chatter710 wrote:

[img]http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/LandsEnd/397876_A710_FF_DMD?op_sharpen=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471[img]

That's really lovely — enjoy wearing it!

And boober... Oh, boober, check out this little ensemble. I've been coveting it on and off for months, and it's come back in stock just recently. Fortunately for my bank account, summer is still months away. It isn't cheap, but it also specifically says you can request a long-torso cut. [I also want to take a parasol to the beach one day.]

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62146836/stripey-swan-swimsuit

WHY IS THAT SO MANY DOLLARS. I WANT IT SOOO BADD.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:07 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

The stripe-y one is adorable, but if I wore that, I'd just look like a kid swimming in her shirt and shorts.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next