| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Geek Chic Cosmetics
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Has anyone tried their stuff? I love the colors, and the prices are really good compared to some of the other companies whose colors I like (OCC, Sugarpill). Everything is vegan except the "joystick" lip colors (which have beeswax). I'd love to buy some, but I'd love to have some feedback on it first.

The navigation for eye color is kind of annoying, since it's grouped by collection, but if you click around you can also find it grouped by color, or see all the colors on one page by clicking on "The Collective" in the product list.

Post subject: Re: Geek Chic Cosmetics
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 am 
Level 7 Vegan

No one ever responded to this thread, but I'm reviving it because I've ordered from Geek Chic twice now and really like them.

They're now 100% vegan, so I ordered 2 of the Joystick (lipstick) colors. They're not drying at all, they don't feather on my lips (unlike all other lipsticks ever), and they seem to last a long time. The colors are kind of off from the pictures on their site, though, which so far is my only complaint about Geek Chic. But I obsessively google reviews for everything I buy online, so I had already seen more accurate swatches on beauty blogs, so I knew what I was getting.

I've only tried one color of the Geek Gloss, which is a dark purple. It didn't layer well on its own for me, but layers really well over a lipstick I used to not like (but now like with this on top). It didn't last as long as the Joystick and did feather for me, but again, I like it for layering.

They eyeshadow colors really pop whether you use them wet or dry, though the sparklier colors don't sparkle as much if you use them dry. I feel like the color lasts a lot longer than some of my other brands.

Also, their customer service is awesome. One of the Joystick tubes was broken when I got it, so I sent them an email and they responded within an hour and shipped out a new one in less than 12 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:39 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I see what you mean about browsing the eyeshadows.

This would be a great place to get outlandish lip colors for Halloween, conventions, or... outlandish daily life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Rebekah wrote:
This would be a great place to get outlandish lip colors for Halloween, conventions, or... outlandish daily life.

Right? I deliberated long and hard about the green and yellow shades of lipstick because they look <i>so cool</i>, but I would never wear them (and they'd look awful on me). But so cool!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I really want the Turtle Power eye shadow set! Mostly just because I adored the Ninja Turtles as a child.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:41 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

thanks for coming back and letting us know how you made out. I'm in need (as close to need as possible for makeup) of a few things so I'll check them out.

and hurray for good customer service!