| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adult Acne
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i question the validity of a company that can't tell the difference between affect and effect.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

supercarrot wrote:
i question the validity of a company that can't tell the difference between affect and effect.

ah, that's true. I didn't read through all their babbling on that website. It still might be something to try, though, I'll keep doing research and see what I discover.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i might question the validity of their copywriter, but after years of medical editing, i'm pretty sure that cancer will be cured by someone who struggles with that distinction in written english. he or she will tell you all about it in a paper with no subject-verb agreement or useful commas.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:55 am 

ok. i apologize (and the fact that it's produced in peru means it's more likely that it was (copy)written by someone who doesn't have english as their first language)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

good point.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Just ordered moisturizer from acne.org again. I used to use all their products years ago and for some unknown reason, kinda forgot about them. And my Walgreen's moisturizer seems to have changed formula and I've got zits again. So back to acne.org, my safe zone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I just got a prescription for erythromycin let's hope it works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Fingers crossed for you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Also, fupa, it totally makes since it would flare up! Any change in the norm I find flares me up. Even good changes! I bet it'll calm back down. :)

As for my acne saga... not much to report, as I've been pretty forgetful putting the cream on. It says before bed, but I'm so hardwired to do my daily routine stuff in the mornings. Vitamins, whatever... Any time any medication I've been on required twice a day or something, I've always struggled with the nighttime one!

My acne has started to come to a head, more, though... which is... nice? I guess? I mean, not really an improvement in the appearance of my back, but it all feels less deep and cystic. Still hurts, but in a different way I guess. I think it's better this way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:14 am 

How you getting on now Mars?

I totally slacked off on the benzoyl cream. I lost it a few weeks ago and I'm just too broke to replace it yet. It hasn't been disastrous skin wise though since the dianette is now helping. My chest is pretty much cleared but I still have a few sore ones on my back and a couple of smaller ones on my neck and face but nothing too bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:19 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Hah, kind of breaking out right now cuz seasonal allergies I think. Also, I've been basically 100% forgetting to put the cream on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am 

Wouldn't it be fab if we were just consistent with using the right things?! I think the only reason why I am so good at remembering the dianette is because I take it with my breakfast and I have it beside where I eat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:32 pm 

fupapack wrote:
I just got a prescription for erythromycin let's hope it works.

How did the antibiotics go?

I had to come off the dianette thanks to migraines last week. I went to my doctor today and he has prescribed tetracycline but I won't be able to get it until I get paid next week. It's not bad at the moment but I know without the pill things will flare up soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I've been using amoxicillin on and off for the past few years and it's the only thing that actually works.
The dermatologist instructed me to take the pills "as needed" in attempt to wean me off, but if I stop, I immediately break out in horrible, painful cystic acne and "as needed" becomes the maximum dosage again. Far worse than when I was a teenager.

I haven't had any problems, but he said the medication will eventually become less effective...

eta: I also have a topical cream that I use maybe a few times per week when I feel like it. Problem is, all these strong medications dry out my skin REALLY badly in cold weather. Painful and flaky (but painful, flaky, and broken out is worse). Luckily it's been okay so far this year!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:33 pm 

I find that I get the flaky skin too, especially on my face. I've been looking into some of the Dr Hauska range and some of their stuff for oily skin is vegan. I was hoping to get the oil this week when I get paid but something else has come up so I will have to wait a fortnight now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I received a sample of this soap in this month's Conscious Box. It looks nasty as fork, but I decided to try it because it said it was good for acne. I've been using it a week and what do you know, my skin is clearing up. I went ahead and ordered a few bars.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:44 pm 

It even looks nasty! Glad it is working for you!

I started the antibiotic today. Good timing since I feel a few big ones coming up already.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:10 pm 

Antibiotic didn't work out. The amount of lactose in it drove my lactose allergy insane and I was spending most of my working day running to the loo.

I swapped to Dr Hauska and it seems to be helping but I've noticed the past month that any spots I get are starting to hang around a bit longer. Now it turns out benyzl peroxide is gone off the shelves here and can't be got in any form but my chemist recommended Antiac spray. I got it today so I've only used it the once. Bonus point for it that it has suitable for vegans on it so hopefully it works and I don't have to go back to the more heavy duty not vegan friendly route.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:52 pm 

it seems like iodine is definitely part of my issue. i was taking a "thyroid energy" pill that has a few different vitamins and minerals in it. (now foods) and my face was clearing up fantastically. (however this was at a time when i was also trying out the "no-poo for the face" called the caveman routine. i have a different thread for just that if you're curious.) a few months back, i fell out of the routine of taking one pill every morning, and then we started pulling down the insulation from our roof, and my husband fell asleep on my pillow without taking a shower, and then i slept on it that night, and the next morning it was horrible. so i am not sure whether my horrible face was from the gross particles or if it was from not taking the iodine. after a month, it's started to clear up, and i'm starting my period today, and i've been taking a pill every few days, so we'll see how it goes. what sucks though is i get some gnarly iodine burps. bleh. (they're not as bad if i take it at lunchtime, but i usually forget, since it's not as routine as morning.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Ive been taking vitex herb for balancing hormones for some months, it was working well for a while until my face and periods started getting whack. So I cut it back to one pill (was doing two). Fingers crossed, but my skin seems ok again this month!!! Not sure if it's the vitex, or oil pulling, or copious amounts of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice in the morning.

I'm really interested in investigating the effects of iodine on my skin! I've tried cleansing my liver, treating my hormones, avoiding trigger foods, but I haven't given my thyroid much thought. Oddly enough, my roomie pointed out recently that our salt is iodine free because she bough it for her master cleanse. So, oops. What on earth do iodine burps taste like? haha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:43 pm 

I must try out iodine to see how it helps.

Antiac has taken the redness out of my facial acne already and my skin looks a bit clearer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

I just got the most extreme case of adult PMS acne ever. It was so weird. My face (and chest, which is usually clear) broke out in ways they haven't since I was a teenager, and once I started my period, it all dried up and my skin is back to being on the dryer side of clear. It was weird, when I was a teenager I would have been amazed to see huge pimples clear up without scars in days, but that's exactly what happened. Bizarre.

Nothing has changed--I sometimes get barely visible spots and oily skin around my period, but nothing like this. I recently had my hormones checked for an unrelated issue and all is normal. Interesting. I eat the same and drink the same amount of water. I'm slightly less stressed than usual.

Oh well!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:20 pm 

That's actually the way mine started out! Then as time went on some of the spots would stick around and each month more and more stuck around. Now post oral treatment they cycle is happening again but the spots are a lot smaller this time round and not big, painful cystic ones. There are more and more each cycle now and not going as quick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:22 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

i have been getting large pimples a week before my period. on my cheeks and jaw line - they have left scars. should i try bleach cream?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

missmuffcake wrote:
i have been getting large pimples a week before my period. on my cheeks and jaw line - they have left scars. should i try bleach cream?

by bleach cream do you mean benzoyl peroxide? Not sure, but for me hormonal acne doesn't really respond to topical treatment.

I've been using EstroBlock for a couple months since I'm tapering off on the pill, and so far so good:

http://thelovevitamin.com/11423/estrobl ... e-q-and-a/

I haven't had any real breakouts in a while, and I'm optimistic that even when I'm totally off the pill will stay relatively clear. Knock wood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next